Rugby World Cup warm up games

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Rugby World Cup warm up games

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

4 test matches in to his role as Australia attack coach Brad Davis has retired, EJ still running through coaches quickly.

https://twitter.com/TheRoarSports/statu ... bGIfA&s=19
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
PIEANDAPINT
Tiger Cub

Post by PIEANDAPINT »

Thanks!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:57 am 4 test matches in to his role as Australia attack coach Brad Davis has retired, EJ still running through coaches quickly.

Ideal timing! EJ taking over the attack himself? He's done that before.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:24 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:57 am 4 test matches in to his role as Australia attack coach Brad Davis has retired, EJ still running through coaches quickly.

He's supposedly quoted as saying (not sure how reliable) that he has someone lined up who will "improve" the coaching setup from what it was.... so subtle digs in there at the outgoing guy...
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:43 am
Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:24 am

He's supposedly quoted as saying (not sure how reliable) that he has someone lined up who will "improve" the coaching setup from what it was.... so subtle digs in there at the outgoing guy...
Peak Eddie.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

A bit late, but I have a view on Farrell's "crime".
Most have based their condemnation on the TV angles transmitted at the time. Added to which is their dislike of the man.
The reviewers will have had the benefit of a lot more angles, plus fame by frame slow motion. In addition, there will have been the testimony of all involved, backed up by legal counsel. I am not sure the bunker had all the extra angles at the time of their deliberation, I would be surprised if they did. We regularly see how different incidents look from other angles when the ref does a simple on-field review. As with gut reactions to sentences given in criminal cases, unless you were party to ALL the evidence and testaments, how can you possibly pronounce on the justness of the verdict?
A life long Tiger
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Agree to an extent and I suppose I’m a bit anti Farrell but it seems that he gets off too often for my liking.
A2O
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Smudge wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:25 am A bit late, but I have a view on Farrell's "crime".
Most have based their condemnation on the TV angles transmitted at the time. Added to which is their dislike of the man.
The reviewers will have had the benefit of a lot more angles, plus fame by frame slow motion. In addition, there will have been the testimony of all involved, backed up by legal counsel. I am not sure the bunker had all the extra angles at the time of their deliberation, I would be surprised if they did. We regularly see how different incidents look from other angles when the ref does a simple on-field review. As with gut reactions to sentences given in criminal cases, unless you were party to ALL the evidence and testaments, how can you possibly pronounce on the justness of the verdict?
The bunker has access to all TV angles so the only angles that they did not have were ones filmed by the England staff themselves
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Now being reported that World Rugby HAVE officially appealed the Owen Farrell decision...

https://twitter.com/jameswhile/status/1 ... e98Sg&s=19
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

ay2oh wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:37 am Agree to an extent and I suppose I’m a bit anti Farrell but it seems that he gets off too often for my liking.
"a bit".... :smt003
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Fantastic news,well done World Rugby!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:35 pm Fantastic news,well done World Rugby!
Perhaps they should appeal Moala's as well but the opposite way.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Steve wrote "
The bunker has access to all TV angles so the only angles that they did not have were ones filmed by the England staff themselves

Not true. In the short time they had to make their judgement some B cam footage may have been available but I very much doubt if C D and E (filler) footage could have been accessed in that time.
My point is, unless a list is available to you (or me), only the official tribunal will know and they decided not to punish him further.
So without all the facts, we cannot fairly judge.
I suspect that World Rugby will have that pointed out to them.
A life long Tiger
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Smudge wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:41 pm Steve wrote "

Not true. In the short time they had to make their judgement some B cam footage may have been available but I very much doubt if C D and E (filler) footage could have been accessed in that time.
My point is, unless a list is available to you (or me), only the official tribunal will know and they decided not to punish him further.
They get 8 minutes and I believe there is nothing they don't see what the citing commission can. They got the decision spot on,the citing commission is the let down here I'm afraid
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Smudge wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:41 pm Steve wrote "

They definitely have access to all camera angles during the 8 minutes they have to decide.
A dedicated Foul Play Review Officer will then have up to eight minutes to review the incident using all available footage and technology, including Hawk-Eye split screen and zoom technology, to determine the outcome.