Rugby World Cup warm up games

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Rugby World Cup warm up games

Post by fentiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:49 pm Can see it now,Ford has a stormer v Argentina and we win while Farrell is banned and then Farrell is parachuted straight back into the team when his ban is over!
Unfortunately I, too, can't see past this... #goldenboy :smt017 :smt044
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

We have to have Earl in the 23,at least. Looks like one of Willis and Curry have to miss out
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:49 pm Can see it now,Ford has a stormer v Argentina and we win while Farrell is banned and then Farrell is parachuted straight back into the team when his ban is over!
This is 100% going to happen

:smt013
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

OF had a 4 weeks ban in January and this is part of a pattern.

I don’t see much in mitigation for his actions today - no falling player or sudden change in direction - just more lazy tackling.

So - couldn’t this be a doubled length ban? Would that make it 8 weeks? If so, can he be replaced in the squad? (Please)
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Grimlish wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:53 pm OF had a 4 weeks ban in January and this is part of a pattern.

I don’t see much in mitigation for his actions today - no falling player or sudden change in direction - just more lazy tackling.

So - couldn’t this be a doubled length ban? Would that make it 8 weeks? If so, can he be replaced in the squad? (Please)
Yes,squad doesn’t have to be pencilled in until 21st August. If it’s a short ban we will just travel with him in the squad and just be a man light for the Argentina game. If it is a long ban then he has to be replaced and then he can be on standby in case of injury
Last edited by Scott1 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

I've just won 'Borthwick Bingo' here - it was 'arm wrestle' wot dunnit!!!

taking over from from Jiffy for predictability. :smt005
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

He should get a minimum of a 6 week ban
A2O
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

I hope the injury to JVP wasn’t as bad as it looked. Will be gutted for the lad if it’s bad. George Martin seemed to also be heavily strapped.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:58 pm I hope the injury to JVP wasn’t as bad as it looked. Will be gutted for the lad if it’s bad. George Martin seemed to also be heavily strapped.
Why wasn’t Martin replaced? I’m sure he played the full game!
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

It smells completely correct!! If someone can list me the advantages of Farrell at fly half then I would be amazed, he generally kicks his pens and that really is about it!! How can this fascination continue and slow/stunt any English progress!! Would he start for Ireland, Italy, France, Scotland, Wales, NZ, Australia, SA, the answer is no, would he start for Namibia, maybe!!!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

The three wise monkeys..... :smt044 :smt044
Harley1850
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Harley1850 »

Scotland starting well
I think you enjoy the game more if you don't know the rules. Anyway, you're on the same wavelength as the referees.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:00 pm
aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:58 pm I hope the injury to JVP wasn’t as bad as it looked. Will be gutted for the lad if it’s bad. George Martin seemed to also be heavily strapped.
Little point in playing Hill unless absolutely necessary
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

baz1664 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:02 pmIf someone can list me the advantages of Farrell at fly half then I would be amazed, he generally kicks his pens and that really is about it!!
His goalkicking hasn't even been good anyway!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Darc Tiger wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:14 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:00 pm
Little point in playing Hill unless absolutely necessary
He stripped off at one point though so the coaches must not have been happy with something