Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: World Cup Squad Announcements

Post by Scott1 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:55 am
Scott1 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:01 pm All of England's RWC warmup games will be on Amazon Prime, not sure if this has already been posted
Thanks!
Looks like most of the home nations games are on Prime. Certainly England,Scotland and Wales. Not sure about Ireland though,bar our game of course
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Latest squad announcement VRR and Mako out of squad, Mako not in injured list either.
Billy and Lawrence back in Chessum and Walker continuing rehab
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:49 pm Latest squad announcement VRR and Mako out of squad, Mako not in injured list either.
So only two LH props left now?

Upon further investigation it appears Rodd is now back in the squad.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

wigworth wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:56 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:49 pm Latest squad announcement VRR and Mako out of squad, Mako not in injured list either.
So only two LH props left now?

Upon further investigation it appears Rodd is now back in the squad.
Yes apologies I meant to put Rodd back in but forgot. It’s an age thing
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

The injured list is only those rehabbing with the squad (i.e. those with a chance of making the world cup)

I think this means Mako has probably been re-assesed and is not recovering quick enough, plus that VRR is probably also injured to go back on the selection decision of him over Rodd
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Not sure about that call,Rodd isn't much better than Mako in the scrum but tbf he will only be in the "midweek" games barring injury
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:23 pm The injured list is only those rehabbing with the squad (i.e. those with a chance of making the world cup)

I think this means Mako has probably been re-assesed and is not recovering quick enough, plus that VRR is probably also injured to go back on the selection decision of him over Rodd
Only question mark over that is wouldn’t that mean that VRR would also be on the rehab list unless he has picked up a longer term injury
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:50 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:23 pm The injured list is only those rehabbing with the squad (i.e. those with a chance of making the world cup)

Only question mark over that is wouldn’t that mean that VRR would also be on the rehab list unless he has picked up a longer term injury
That's what I suspect tbh...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:10 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:50 pm

That's what I suspect tbh...
Certainly seems injury prone. I have no issues with Rodd as 3rd prop and definitely ahead of Mako.
Only 3 of each prop and 3 hookers in the squad now so baring injury they may well be in the final squad
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

An interesting article regarding England's scrum half selection over the past 10+ years, with a quite extraordinary stat that JVP is the third most capped no. 9 in this time period.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union ... ing-rugby/
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

wigworth wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:27 am An interesting article regarding England's scrum half selection over the past 10+ years, with a quite extraordinary stat that JVP is the third most capped no. 9 in this time period.

Very much the centre of the latest episode of The Rose. Very much focusing on Lenny and Care and their relationship and respect for each other.
The value that Borthwick puts on experience don’t be surprised if these are the 2 chosen 9s
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

I have to say that I will be interested to see how England perform next week now that Aled has had an extended period with them. I do not think that you can underestimate the impact he had on us in our title winning year and I perhaps see him as our biggest loss so will be interesting to see what impact he has had with the England team
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

GB72 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:51 am I have to say that I will be interested to see how England perform next week now that Aled has had an extended period with them. I do not think that you can underestimate the impact he had on us in our title winning year and I perhaps see him as our biggest loss so will be interesting to see what impact he has had with the England team
Thy had a very intense training week in Verona in 34 degrees of heat which will help in more normal temperatures. Few players such as Cocanasinga coming out and saying they are in the best condition of their lives.
Also interesting to hear from Wiggy that up until last week there hadn’t been much structure in the training on the pitch but they were no starting to put that in place
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

wigworth wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:27 am An interesting article regarding England's scrum half selection over the past 10+ years, with a quite extraordinary stat that JVP is the third most capped no. 9 in this time period.

Don’t have access but could you please clarify what Simpson says about people who criticise Ben Youngs?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

teds wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:23 pm

Don’t have access but could you please clarify what Simpson says about people who criticise Ben Youngs?
Here you go
https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fw ... g-rugby%2F