TNT Sports

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: TNT Sports

Post by Rugbygramps »

Assume we will different commentators during RWC as Mullins and Eykin will be doing those
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

markharbtiger wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:15 am It's become a bit too expensive for me to justify I'm afraid... :smt022
It is very expensive if you aren't on a BT deal or had a package with another provider. £30/month is a lot for a rugby subscription (with some cricket). On the plus side, at least it will now include the Eurosport content from Discovery.

At least with NowTV you can take out a special offer and then at the end of it "cancel" and then get another special offer (NowTV's Sky Sports is £35 per month but no one should need to pay more than £20 per month).
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

I've currently got a Now TV sky sports sub for £21 pm for 6 months just for the Ashes really but my son is into F1 so is watching that as well.

Doubt I'll keep it after the Ashes though.

Might have a look and see what you get with discovery if it's more than just the old BT stuff.
Last edited by ads on Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:24 pm
markharbtiger wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:15 am It's become a bit too expensive for me to justify I'm afraid... :smt022
It is very expensive if you aren't on a BT deal or had a package with another provider. £30/month is a lot for a rugby subscription (with some cricket). On the plus side, at least it will now include the Eurosport content from Discovery.

At least with NowTV you can take out a special offer and then at the end of it "cancel" and then get another special offer (NowTV's Sky Sports is £35 per month but no one should need to pay more than £20 per month).
Mine is through my Virgin package. If you’re a football fan they do show some premier league and I think are the exclusive showroom of European football comps
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:32 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:24 pm

Mine is through my Virgin package. If you’re a football fan they do show some premier league and I think are the exclusive showroom of European football comps
True, very good for football fans! :)
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I get mine bundled in with Sky sports. At the end of my last contract I told Sky I was switching back to BT and, after a lengthy haggle, they chucked BT sports and Sky cinema in for the same price.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

ads wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:17 am We've also just dumped BT sports, I had the app and was only paying £5 a month but they've pulled it from plusnet customers and wanted £20 odd per month or something to carry on. The wife deals with it and I'm sure she isn't telling me porkies....
Same here. 30 a month unless we change broadband and the. Its 20 a month.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

ads wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:17 am We've also just dumped BT sports, I had the app and was only paying £5 a month but they've pulled it from plusnet customers and wanted £20 odd per month or something to carry on. The wife deals with it and I'm sure she isn't telling me porkies....
I can assure you your wife is correct. Plusnet have dropped offering TNT sport now BT, their owner, does not own it. I am not sure what I will do as 3+x the price seems a bog step. If a lot of the Tigers fames will be on it may be worth it.
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Offside wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:29 pm
I can assure you your wife is correct. Plusnet have dropped offering TNT sport now BT, their owner, does not own it. I am not sure what I will do as 3+x the price seems a bog step. If a lot of the Tigers fames will be on it may be worth it.
Seems to be £30 on top of the discovery plus subscription, so £37 a month from what I can see.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Yeah, thought for a moment you might be able to get it Amazon for an additional £6.99 a month, but thats not for the premium package that includes TNT.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

teds wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:50 pm
Offside wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:29 pm
Seems to be £30 on top of the discovery plus subscription, so £37 a month from what I can see.
I had a letter last week from BT telling me that as part of my £30 I would now get the Discovery+ subscription (I currently subscribe to both).
bendy

Post by bendy »

Does anyone know if the same PRTV deal will be on offer this season? From memory it was £99 for the season, reduced to £50 for a STH.

£50 for all the matches compared to £20/month for TNT is a no brainer for me.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

bendy wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:52 am Does anyone know if the same PRTV deal will be on offer this season? From memory it was £99 for the season, reduced to £50 for a STH.

PRTV only gives access to maches NOT being broadcast on TNT Sport, so you'll only be able to watch Tigers in their away game to Exeter before Christmas in the first 11 rounds...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:51 am
bendy wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:52 am Does anyone know if the same PRTV deal will be on offer this season? From memory it was £99 for the season, reduced to £50 for a STH.

PRTV only gives access to maches NOT being broadcast on TNT Sport, so you'll only be able to watch Tigers in their away game to Exeter before Christmas in the first 11 rounds...
I assume they are all available for free the next day, or has this changed?
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Old Hob wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:01 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:51 am

I assume they are all available for free the next day, or has this changed?
Correct (though some take a bit longer than that)
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.