New Kit Launch

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New Kit Launch

Post by GB72 »

This is where I think American sports have it right. You have one kit in your club colours and then another that is ostensibly white with club colour accents. Makes is simple and avoids issues with clashes, colour blindness etc.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:32 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:27 pm Seems like a black number...
Which may suggest that the home kit is going to be lighter green, as I think you’re supposed to have 1 lighter kit and I darker in case of colour clashes. I could of course dreamt that
Unless of course they consider the hoops to provide enough of a different from other kits. So rather than a light and dark kit, we have a hoopy and non-hoopy kit. :smt003
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:18 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:27 pm Seems like a black number...
Which may suggest that the home kit is going to be lighter green, as I think you’re supposed to have 1 lighter kit and I darker in case of colour clashes. I could of course dreamt that
Unless of course they consider the hoops to provide enough of a different from other kits. So rather than a light and dark kit, we have a hoopy and non-hoopy kit. :smt003
The only colour clash we might have had was with Irish, but now....
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Old Hob wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:48 pm

There were a number of occasions last season when we wore the change kit away from home when it wasn’t required
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:53 pm

There were a number of occasions last season when we wore the change kit away from home when it wasn’t required
We always wore the away kit to every away game bar Gloucester (where we wore the blue alternate away kit)

We have a home and away kit, gone are the days of only swapping if you have a clash...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Thanks for confirming Steve. Not a bad thing and helps with the marketing
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:50 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:53 pm

We always wore the away kit to every away game bar Gloucester (where we wore the blue alternate away kit)

We have a home and away kit, gone are the days of only swapping if you have a clash...
Yes, I thought the ... might have given that away.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Strange thing is that if the away kit is black you’re looking at at least 4 colour clashes Sarries Exeter Newcastle and Bath did have a lot of black in their kit
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:47 am Strange thing is that if the away kit is black you’re looking at at least 4 colour clashes Sarries Exeter Newcastle and Bath did have a lot of black in their kit
This is purely about sales.

A return to a traditional 90s style green (with a modern embellishment) and a black away kit will be very, very popular.

I think we’ll see these fly off the shelves and, at a time when the club needs all the financial boosts it can get, I think it’s a super smart move.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

By 90s style green, are people talking about the same green that the academy have played with in the last few years? The more "pea green" rather than "forest green" ?

I would certainly buy one with that classic look.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Pellsey wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:11 am By 90s style green, are people talking about the same green that the academy have played with in the last few years? The more "pea green" rather than "forest green" ?

Yep, the glimpses show it appears to be much more like the pea green. With possibly some sort of Tiger on the right shoulder (possibly a smaller version of the women's training jersey)
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Pellsey wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:11 am By 90s style green, are people talking about the same green that the academy have played with in the last few years? The more "pea green" rather than "forest green" ?

Yes there is a frame at the end of the home kit teaser where it certainly looks more pea green than the darker green we've had for the last 15-20 years
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

If you lads pea green that colour best get to the doctor quick :smt041
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

iceman_19 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:23 am A return to a traditional 90s style green (with a modern embellishment) and a black away kit will be very, very popular.

I think we’ll see these fly off the shelves and, at a time when the club needs all the financial boosts it can get, I think it’s a super smart move.
Yep, I'm gonna be in for a pre order tomorrow if it is the lighter green. Hope they go on sale straight away as would a new one for my Hols in August....
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:47 am If you lads pea green that colour best get to the doctor quick :smt041
Too much asparagus!!