Handré Pollard - A League of His Own | Leicester Tigers Tribute

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

StanWilks

Handré Pollard - A League of His Own | Leicester Tigers Tribute

Post by StanWilks »

Hello again, my friends!

Well, people voted unanimously on Twitter for a Handré Pollard tribute, and I was very happy to oblige: https://youtu.be/RgEOU-aedLE

His season may have been bookended by some unfortunate injuries, but he's been a phenomenal signing and really did start to play some excellent rugby towards the end of the season.

Featured herein are all of his tries, assists, kicks and, perhaps most interestingly, his one-two tackle against Sarries that practically won Tigers the game.

I hope you all enjoy, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

All the best,

Stan. :)
Used to play rugby. Kind of a Poundland Cipriani? Yeah, I'll go with that.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Handré Pollard - A League of His Own | Leicester Tigers Tribute

Post by fentiger »

Thanks again, Stan :smt023
Proves the old adage: class is permanent!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Thanks. Handle brings back so many happy memories of when Joel Stransky played for us and helped us win the cup final at Twickenham: I was lucky enough to see Joel play both at Welford Road and at away grounds so now I’m thrilled and privileged to see Handre live. I still believe had he played v Sale we’d have won.
I hope he comes back fit from the World Cup to do the same for us as Joel: play at Twickenham in a victorious Tigers’ team.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

If someone has Twitter they should tweet it to some of the South Africa rugby fan accounts they love this sort of stuff especially when it comes to Pollard
StanWilks

Post by StanWilks »

fentiger wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:21 pm Thanks again, Stan :smt023
Proves the old adage: class is permanent!
You're welcome, man. Thanks for watching!

Oh, absolutely! I'm still pinching myself that he was signed in the first place. Excellent from Tigers.
StanWilks

Post by StanWilks »

Ian Cant wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:11 pm Thanks. Handle brings back so many happy memories of when Joel Stransky played for us and helped us win the cup final at Twickenham: I was lucky enough to see Joel play both at Welford Road and at away grounds so now I’m thrilled and privileged to see Handre live. I still believe had he played v Sale we’d have won.
I hope he comes back fit from the World Cup to do the same for us as Joel: play at Twickenham in a victorious Tigers’ team.
Stransky?!

Have I been living under a rock or something because I never knew Stransky played for Tigers? Well, you learn something new every day. Haha. Very cool anecdotes, man!

Yeah, as much as I love Atkinson, his inexperience at that level did reveal itself against Sale. But he's a young player with much to learn, and he'll doubtless apply that next season. I completely agree that had Pollard been fit, the outcome would have been very different.

If that's how far a Tigers team undermined by early coach exits, players leaving mid-season and veiled threats of administration can go, imagine what they can do with a settled coach and squad hungry for more?

I think we'll definitely see Tigers in the top four again next season!
StanWilks

Post by StanWilks »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:51 am If someone has Twitter they should tweet it to some of the South Africa rugby fan accounts they love this sort of stuff especially when it comes to Pollard
Good shout! I just copied SA Rugby Magazine into my tweet promoting the tribute, so hopefully it reaches a wider audience.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Fantastic video Stan! Great to see Pollard have so many key moments even with his disrupted start to his Tigers Career!

Cannot wait for him to boss it at the World Cup and come back to Tigers hungry to set DMK off to a winning start!
StanWilks

Post by StanWilks »

RunTigerRun wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:40 pm Fantastic video Stan! Great to see Pollard have so many key moments even with his disrupted start to his Tigers Career!

Cannot wait for him to boss it at the World Cup and come back to Tigers hungry to set DMK off to a winning start!
Thanks a bunch, RTR! Very kind of you to say. :)

Absolutely. To think he only played fourteen games and still settled in as well as he did is astonishing; not to mention his copious tries, assists and kicks.

I'm saying it, man: Springboks to win the WC again. They'll be fierce with Pollard at the helm! Hopefully he'll take his good form back into a Tigers shirt.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Magnificent effort once again Stan!

It seems to me that he's fitted in so well because he enjoys being here and working with this group of players. Here's hoping his current injury isn't too serious and as you say that he has a fabulous World Cup and brings that form back to Tigers.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Another fantastic tribute. Thanks, Stan.
(Love the music as well)
StanWilks

Post by StanWilks »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:43 am Magnificent effort once again Stan!

It seems to me that he's fitted in so well because he enjoys being here and working with this group of players. Here's hoping his current injury isn't too serious and as you say that he has a fabulous World Cup and brings that form back to Tigers.
Thank you, VOTC! How nice of you to say!

Yeah, he's definitely playing with a smile on his face, which I hope was captured well with that opening slo-mo shot. Even when his cross-field kicks have gone awry, he quickly puts it behind him and focuses on the next job. Quality player, and definitely world class!
StanWilks

Post by StanWilks »

CJ wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:30 pm Another fantastic tribute. Thanks, Stan.
(Love the music as well)
Thanks a bunch, CJ! You're very welcome. Glad you enjoyed the song. It worked surprisingly well with Pollard!
MelChannerFan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MelChannerFan »

That double tackle against Sarries convinced me that HP is a real Tiger not just here to supplement his pension.
I remember another Bok Mel Channer who you could count on for drop goal.
StanWilks

Post by StanWilks »

MelChannerFan wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:26 pm That double tackle against Sarries convinced me that HP is a real Tiger not just here to supplement his pension.
I remember another Bok Mel Channer who you could count on for drop goal.
The heart, the desire -- all there to be seen by all. What a player.

Sorry for a very belated reply!