LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 Squad and transfers thread part 2: The Lion, the Wig and the Wardrobe

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 Squad and transfers thread part 2: The Lion, the Wig and the Wardrobe

Post by kpj tiger »

No6_Flanker wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:10 am
trendylfj wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:56 pm He would certainly be one I would like us to sign, though Exeter are reputed to be interested. At 19 he still has a lot of growing and learning and can also play several positions - Yes please
If he does go to Chiefs, it suggests that Rus Tuima hasn’t really kicked on since U20 level. Last season he played 6 a couple of times, potentially they are looking at him as a replacement for Dave Ewers.
Never got the hype around Tuima, looked very average even at U20's level against anybody close to his size
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 Squad and transfers thread part 2: The Lion, the Wig and the Wardrobe

Post by RagingBull »

Interesting no super rugby club players signed so far.

Wonder when the last time we hadn’t signed someone from a super rugby club was (if we don’t sign someone that is)
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:02 am Interesting no super rugby club players signed so far.

Wonder when the last time we hadn’t signed someone from a super rugby club was (if we don’t sign someone that is)
Would be very surprised if our new head coach didn’t bring at least one super rugby player in.
A2O
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

ay2oh wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:50 am
RagingBull wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:02 am Interesting no super rugby club players signed so far.

Would be very surprised if our new head coach didn’t bring at least one super rugby player in.
TBF he has signed two players he knows already just happens they both from European clubs now
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

It’s been a bit quiet lately and with players returning to training n two weeks or so think we might have a popcorn day soon with re-signings and maybe one or two new signings.
A2O
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Possible that Mckellar could bring a couple of Brumbies over but they were only knocked out of super rugby Pacific this morning so announcements could come after that
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Ed Timpson (Openside) Uni of Nottingham
Nathan Pope (Centre) Lough
Charlie Titcombe (10/15) Lough (Ex academy lad)

All played in the England v French uni game a couple weeks ago, all might be of interest for the Prem cup games.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:42 am Ed Timpson (Openside) Uni of Nottingham
Nathan Pope (Centre) Lough
Charlie Titcombe (10/15) Lough (Ex academy lad)

All played in the England v French uni game a couple weeks ago, all might be of interest for the Prem cup games.
Charlie Titcombe has been signed by Scarlets, alongside Teddy Leatherbarrow.

Haven’t heard of Pope and Timpson but am intrigued to see the new Academy intake and Senior Academy promotions.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I see Saints returned back to work on 19th June for pre season. Have we?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sapajo wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:50 am I see Saints returned back to work on 19th June for pre season. Have we?
That seems very early...

I doubt we have, at a guess I'd say week commencing 3rd or 10th July as even next week seems early to me.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

There were some social media posts from Exeter about them being back for pre-season this week
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:39 am There were some social media posts from Exeter about them being back for pre-season this week
Given the turnover in players, they probably need a lot of time to get everyone onto the same page physically and tactically.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Bristol and Exeter were back on Monday, I would expect that is partially due to high squad turnover but also both having extremely sub par seasons last year
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

kpj tiger wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:03 am Bristol and Exeter were back on Monday, I would expect that is partially due to high squad turnover but also both having extremely sub par seasons last year
Given that our England players have just joined up there may also be a minimum rest period between pre season and final game of last season
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:12 am
kpj tiger wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:03 am Bristol and Exeter were back on Monday, I would expect that is partially due to high squad turnover but also both having extremely sub par seasons last year
Given that our England players have just joined up there may also be a minimum rest period between pre season and final game of last season
That is also true, Newcastle have been back for two weeks already but Bath and Gloucester haven't started from what I can tell so there is definitely a combination of mandatory rest but clubs choosing what is best for them