LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 Squad and transfers thread part 2: The Lion, the Wig and the Wardrobe

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 Squad and transfers thread part 2: The Lion, the Wig and the Wardrobe

Post by ay2oh »

I believe RFU money is £25 M split between premiership clubs so £2.5M per club(10clubs) against £1.9M(13 clubs) so each club gains £600k so equivalent to 1 home game revenue. Don’t know what TV money is though.
A2O
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 Squad and transfers thread part 2: The Lion, the Wig and the Wardrobe

Post by Hot_Charlie »

sk 88 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:24 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:59 pm
RagingBull wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:51 pm Speculation on us right now seems based entirely on the fact that Tom and Scott was vocal on the matter
Speculation is entirely due to a "one liner" in the EGM calling notice suggesting that administration may have been the result if the entirely voluntary cash injection offer had been rejected by members.
And which legally they were required to say. Quite clearly a capital injection versus further borrowing minimises the risk of administration. It was a well worded statement for its purpose, the annoyance is that people who seemingly didn't read it (like poor quality journalists & other club's fans) state confidently things it categorically did not state!
Exactly!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

ay2oh wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:56 pm I believe RFU money is £25 M split between premiership clubs so £2.5M per club(10clubs) against £1.9M(13 clubs) so each club gains £600k so equivalent to 1 home game revenue. Don’t know what TV money is though.
TV money is under threat as BT asking for refund as it is now a 10 club league.

https://twitter.com/MattHughesDM/status ... 1380764687
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Old Hob wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:26 pm
ay2oh wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:56 pm I believe RFU money is £25 M split between premiership clubs so £2.5M per club(10clubs) against £1.9M(13 clubs) so each club gains £600k so equivalent to 1 home game revenue. Don’t know what TV money is though.
TV money is under threat as BT asking for refund as it is now a 10 club league.

https://twitter.com/MattHughesDM/status ... 1380764687
I did post a response to this and the DM article it references - worth reading - but it's getting off topic. Needless to say, it all sits v badly with me, especially since my current provider of BT Sports is stopping the service...
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I’m making a new thread for the new season soon so don’t mind it going off topic

Interesting OHC is training with the Irish lads still, hopefully putting in a good word for us
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Thought clubs would have finished training by now. Seems like Pearson, Arundel and Loader are on the cusp of getting new clubs sorted.
A2O
CogGom
Tiger Cub

Post by CogGom »

Hi what is prize money down the league?, what do you get for winning premiership and what do you get for finishing bottom etc?
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

No prize money for league positions like soccer.
A2O
Terracetiger4
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Terracetiger4 »

JB on the eggchasers sounded pretty sure we’ve signed Wilkinson from sale for next year.. when do people think we’ll get any announcements?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Terracetiger4 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:16 pm JB on the eggchasers sounded pretty sure we’ve signed Wilkinson from sale for next year.. when do people think we’ll get any announcements?
Well new contracts start 1st July

So expecting in the next couple of weeks.

It's possible that they may hold off till pre-season is about to start, but I'd fully expect next couple of weeks, give them a bit of publicity etc.

Then if there's and stragglers/latecomers (e.g. LI signings), to do them in a later batch with a couple of early extensions
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:48 pm
Terracetiger4 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:16 pm JB on the eggchasers sounded pretty sure we’ve signed Wilkinson from sale for next year.. when do people think we’ll get any announcements?

It's possible that they may hold off till pre-season is about to start, but I'd fully expect next couple of weeks, give them a bit of publicity etc.

Then if there's and stragglers/latecomers (e.g. LI signings), to do them in a later batch with a couple of early extensions
Interesting signing if true that would be Shilcock @ 25 Wilkinson @ 23, Atkinson @ 21, all will be around for a while, suggests a lack of faith in 10 options coming through the senior academy

Re signings yes there is London Irish, also if Mckellar is bringing anyone over from Australia favourites would be Brumbies players, who are the only Australian team still in the Super Pacific competition
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:57 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:48 pm

Interesting signing if true that would be Shilcock @ 25 Wilkinson @ 23, Atkinson @ 21, all will be around for a while, suggests a lack of faith in 10 options coming through the senior academy

Re signings yes there is London Irish, also if Mckellar is bringing anyone over from Australia favourites would be Brumbies players, who are the only Australian team still in the Super Pacific competition
I'd take Shillcock out of that reckoning though. I think he'll be firmly in the Hegarty fly-half camp. I think given the reliance on Atkinson with Pollard away, Wilkinson will be fair back up given that with Steward and Watson(?) away, Shillcock and Brown will be in the 15 shirt. All it takes is knock to a couple of them in the Prem Cup thingy matches and you'd be potentiall starting the Prem with Walsh or Meredith at 10. I think you essentially need to go into the season with three senior (dedicated) 10s - Wilkinson is that although clearly the third choice (Prem experience, but limited)
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

If the rumours of Wilkinson are correct, I wouldn't be overly surprised if say Walsh from the Academy is let go, he's had a few shakey kicks in games, for me Meredith has shone a bit more than him in the PRC
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

All very good points Charlie, especially given both South Africa and Englands likely participation in the semi finals, meaning those players won’t be seen till mid November at the earliest
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:10 pm If the rumours of Wilkinson are correct, I wouldn't be overly surprised if say Walsh from the Academy is let go, he's had a few shakey kicks in games, for me Meredith has shone a bit more than him in the PRC
From what I've seen of Walsh, his highlights reel for the England U20s was better than his PRC performances. Was it him who was really struggling with touch kicking in the Falcons' PRC defeat at WR?