Exiles set for Exile?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Exiles set for Exile?

Post by Tigerbeat »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:36 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:27 pm
wardy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:21 pm HMRC have lodged a winding up petition! (according to Telegraph @ 6pm)
If they are involved am I right in saying there is more to it than unpaid salaries
I doubt they issue winding up orders for small sums of money
Not necessarily, could be late payments but not providing a timeline for payments. The current owner does not appear to want to pay the full sum and hoping that the sale?? goes through.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

HMRC have a fairly low threshold for seeking winding up orders.
They are well versed in doing so and, generally the priority creditor so take the action whist there are still assets.

If you are a creditor further down the food chain, winding up the business simply confirms that you will receive nothing, so of no benefit whilst there is still hope of a buy out.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Don't you just love Bill Sweeney's comment "The restructuring of the Professional Game Agreement into a strategic partnership provides a great opportunity for all stakeholders to set aside self-interest and collaborate to reset and secure the future long-term sustainable growth of the professional game including developing the strongest possible second tier"!!!! - whenever has he set aside self-interest???? The self-interest of the RFU has always been, and sorry to say, will continue to be their priority. They want as many games at Twickenham as they can squeeze in given the LA regulations. I don't know but would love to know, the current state of their bank balance and their salaries. When players and club staff took large cuts in their salaries due to covid and the imposed salary cap reductions, did they lower their salaries by 25 - 50%?? If they did then I will eat my words and say sorry sorry sorry!!!

I really want the Irish to survive and hope that something can be worked out so that this can happen.
Hehehehehehehehe
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

trendylfj wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:47 am Don't you just love Bill Sweeney's comment "The restructuring of the Professional Game Agreement into a strategic partnership provides a great opportunity for all stakeholders to set aside self-interest and collaborate to reset and secure the future long-term sustainable growth of the professional game including developing the strongest possible second tier"!!!! - whenever has he set aside self-interest???? The self-interest of the RFU has always been, and sorry to say, will continue to be their priority. They want as many games at Twickenham as they can squeeze in given the LA regulations. I don't know but would love to know, the current state of their bank balance and their salaries. When players and club staff took large cuts in their salaries due to covid and the imposed salary cap reductions, did they lower their salaries by 25 - 50%?? If they did then I will eat my words and say sorry sorry sorry!!!

I really want the Irish to survive and hope that something can be worked out so that this can happen.
I believe Bill Sweeney was paid over £500k last year including a pay rise, pretty sure Simon Massie-Taylor took a pay cut at the same time.....
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:54 pm
trendylfj wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:47 am Don't you just love Bill Sweeney's comment "The restructuring of the Professional Game Agreement into a strategic partnership provides a great opportunity for all stakeholders to set aside self-interest and collaborate to reset and secure the future long-term sustainable growth of the professional game including developing the strongest possible second tier"!!!! - whenever has he set aside self-interest???? The self-interest of the RFU has always been, and sorry to say, will continue to be their priority. They want as many games at Twickenham as they can squeeze in given the LA regulations. I don't know but would love to know, the current state of their bank balance and their salaries. When players and club staff took large cuts in their salaries due to covid and the imposed salary cap reductions, did they lower their salaries by 25 - 50%?? If they did then I will eat my words and say sorry sorry sorry!!!

I believe Bill Sweeney was paid over £500k last year including a pay rise, pretty sure Simon Massie-Taylor took a pay cut at the same time.....
That doesn't surprize me re Bill Sweeny - ty for the info
Hehehehehehehehe
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

That quote could definitely have been written by an A.I. bot!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

Where do you the info that SMT had a pay cut, and from what level?
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Tigersunited wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:42 pm

It was from one of the RFU accounts, RugbyInsideLine tweeted it a while back I'll see if I can dig it up
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Tigersunited wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:42 pm

https://www.englandrugby.com/dxdam/3c/3 ... rt2022.pdf

Page 58
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

Is that because he left the rfu to join prl, so the figure reflects payment by the rfu for part of the financial year.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Judgement day

Not a lot of optimism about...
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Statement expected at 7pm apparently.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:29 pm Statement expected at 7pm apparently.
A statement by who’m
A2O
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:29 pm Statement expected at 7pm apparently.
Absolutely cannot wait to see Bill Sweeney and Simon Massie-Taylor spin this as if they're saving rugby by deliberately throwing Irish to the wolves