Barbarians vs World XV

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Barbarians vs World XV

Post by Rugbygramps »

If you like your rugby Harlem Globetrotters style this was the game for Certainly wasn’t Tom Foleys most arduous outing
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

He didn't really get the opportunity to get in on the really fun stuff, but he was busy doing the basics.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Didn’t realise that Izzy Folau is now playing for Tonga..
Was roundly booed yesterday whenever he touched the ball, rugby supporters have long memories
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:43 am Didn’t realise that Izzy Folau is now playing for Tonga..
Was roundly booed yesterday whenever he touched the ball, rugby supporters have long memories
Piatau has switched to Tonga as well, their team has had quite a few new additions from the rule change. If they can get them all into a good pre tournament camp, get the fully fit and firing then they could surprise a few.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I think that was one of the reasons for the rule change Sam to allow Pacific Islanders to play for their heritage countries rather than Australia or New Zealand
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:38 am I think that was one of the reasons for the rule change Sam to allow Pacific Islanders to play for their heritage countries rather than Australia or New Zealand
Long overdue IMO
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sam16111986 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:16 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:43 am Didn’t realise that Izzy Folau is now playing for Tonga..
Piatau has switched to Tonga as well, their team has had quite a few new additions from the rule change. If they can get them all into a good pre tournament camp, get the fully fit and firing then they could surprise a few.
They could, but being in a group with Ireland, Scotland & South Africa, it would be a huge success to even get 3rd and qualify for the next tournament.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:15 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:16 am
They could, but being in a group with Ireland, Scotland & South Africa, it would be a huge success to even get 3rd and qualify for the next tournament.
Group of death as it was called over the weekend.
Tonga will be the sort of side that if one of the other 3 sides picks up knocks to 3 or 4 key players they could knock the over.
2023s Japan maybe
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Being there in person I was actually suprised at how light the booing was I think it would have been much lighter if the RFU hadn't had a pride day for this match
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Chobbsy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 2:39 pm
Being there in person I was actually suprised at how light the booing was I think it would have been much lighter if the RFU hadn't had a pride day for this match
Interesting you say is was light in reality. Came over as quite pronounced via the television microphone