Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Champions Cup Final

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

wigworth wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:21 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:06 am https://twitter.com/zuroph/status/16606 ... uFzEg&s=19

This made me chuckle I won't lie
Haha surely not
I do think it's a spoof, but a funny one...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

4 star pizza rather than 5 star! very good. 🤣
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Not a jock wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:56 pm
ourla wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:45 am Not sure I like this slagging off of all things Leinster.

From what I've read they have largely done things the right way.

I don't believe refs are biased so if Leinster are playing a certain way and not getting penalised others should simply do the same.

Reminds me of the era when we won European Cups and known as cheats.
I agree. All this gloating is unedifying. Theres's stench of sour grapes plus the usual "the ref was biased and/or blind because the team we were supporting on the day didn't win." Why can't folks just enjoy watching a great game?

The IRU's chequebook is used to fund the bulk of the Ireland first XV and bench in Leinster's squad. Other clubs and regions also have big cheques to fund the acquisition of a world-class squad. Other posts on here contain moans about the bigger budgets of French clubs, subsidised by French municipalities and/or wealthy owners. When such squads train together all season, surely it matters not one jot if they're a multi-national band of brothers (eg La Rochelle) or largely from one nation (eg Leinster). What percentage of Tigers' first XV have Leics accents?! They are probably more from Norfolk, Lincs, S Africa, Oz, Wales, Ireland and Argentina than Leics. Dan Cole is in a small minority! The academy spreads its net far and wide too.

The result could've gone the other way eg if one of the two Leinster conversions that hit the post had been successful, kicks that went out on the full or taken back into the 22 were avoided, if Ryan and Furlong had lasted longer etc etc. Very fine margins,
Has Dan Cole got a "Lesta" accent ?
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

On the subject of altercations in the tunnel, before and after the game, on the Rugby pod, our very own Andy Goode was there and had the "honour" of walking the trophy out of the tunnel and onto the pitch....anyway, he was saying that at half-time, Leinster "positioned" Sean O'Brien on the door of the officials, to make sure that O'Gara couldn't get in ! There was something about O'Gara and Sexton having a "coming together" as well, although he didn't elaborate on it, except to say that they have had previous run-ins, both for Ireland and also Munster v Leinster. I don't know the facts, but from what I saw, Sexton appeared to be more than just an interested spectator....he was on the sideline directing traffic, shouting and gesticulating. It shouldn't be allowed.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Our Academy spreads its net across a designated area which includes Norfolk and Lincolnshireto the East, Derby shore and part of Staffordshire. Young guys from outside our area can apply to us but we cannot first approach them. I cannot for the life of me see why anyone would find that a problem. I do think that there are too many " foreign " players in Premiership.Rugby for the good of the national.team but if other teams do.It then we must also do it to be competitive. There is still a rule that permits only two foreign players per team, I think that is a good rule but there does seem to be a problem with the definition of foreign.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Bit of journalistic sensationalism, which I can't see him anywhere near a 24 week ban, but this sort of story being published I could well see him getting 4 or 5 weeks which will mean he misses some of the group stages
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Has there been any reports of what he actually did?
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:47 pm Bit of journalistic sensationalism, which I can't see him anywhere near a 24 week ban, but this sort of story being published I could well see him getting 4 or 5 weeks which will mean he misses some of the group stages
Precendant would maybe suggest 4-6 games (12 games x 50%ish). The only thing muddying the waters appears to be the irritation of EPCR and the referees. It sounds like they want the book well and truly thrown.
Pmvl
Top Cat
Top Cat

Sexton

Post by Pmvl »

A friend of mine has just sent this to me, don’t know if there’s any truth in it but it makes interesting reading

https://www.cityam.com/exclusive-sexton ... -week-ban/
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/66058886

It appears Sexton IS going to have to face a disciplinary hearing well after the event...
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Supposedly Sexton's disciplinary hearing, which started at 9am, is still ongoing now (after 4pm) and they are looking at it going into tomorrow...

https://twitter.com/patmccarry/status/1 ... naPUQ&s=19
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Sexton banned for 3 matches so will be available for world cup
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Johnny Sexton will be suspended for Ireland's Rugby World Cup warm-up matches against Italy, England and Samoa in August after he admitted a misconduct charge following the Champions Cup final in May; Leinster were handed a suspended fine of £7,500

16/07/2023 9:54pm
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Absolute joke of a decision