Champions Cup Final

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Champions Cup Final

Post by daktari »

First try, hooker is standing over the line, 2nd, forward pass….and as for the break down…
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

chris111 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:30 pm
Pellsey wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:20 pm
chris111 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:06 pm

I know there are plenty of folk who refuse to give Leinster credit for anything - but they are a simply wonderful team to watch. And I say that as someone whose second team is Munster!
Agreed that they are playing very well, but I just cannot support a team with so much being put on their side. They have had the last three "rounds", QF, SF and final at home, then they get a sir who does whatever the home crowd want.

Go Stade Rochelais!

I’m not supporting them, either (note the Munster reference!) - but as a rugby fan have to admire what they do.

As for your complaint implying that the competition is rigged in their favour - sorry, I’m not getting sucked down that rabbit hole…it’s been done to death!
I mean, it is fact that they have had a very unfair advantage - 3 pretty much home games in the closing stages of the competition. I don't think this can be even up for discussion. One can choose to ignore it or not. I just can't.

I do agree that they do play almost faultless rugby. The game would be closer if Stade Rochelais made less mistakes!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

[quote=Pellsey post

Go Stade Rochelais!

I do agree that they do play almost faultless rugby. The game would be closer if Stade Rochelais made less mistakes!
[/quote]

If Stade rochelais make fewer mistakes and the ref isn’t so influenced by the one-eyed Irish supporters, then it ain’t over yet!
Semper in excretia
TiltonTiger

Post by TiltonTiger »

Does Gibson Park ONLY tackle around the throat?
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

I am not sure anyone outside of Dublin or Bloemfontein is now supporting Leinster. Let's hope its a great end to the game.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Like others I too feel Leinster always get away with turning in at the scrum, playing the ball after going off their feet etc.
LaRochelle have to take this ref out of the equation.
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Ian Cant wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:59 pm Like others I too feel Leinster always get away with turning in at the scrum, playing the ball after going off their feet etc.
Genuine question - this is clearly a view that many people hold, so if it’s true that officials consistently/persistently favour certain teams - why do they do it? Not just in the case of the current Leinster, but variously in the past it’s been Sarries, Exeter, New Zealand. And, dare I say it, those “same old Tigers, always cheating”?!

I presume nobody is claiming it’s straightforward corruption or favouritism - so how is it to be explained?
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

chris111 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:08 pm
Ian Cant wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:59 pm Like others I too feel Leinster always get away with turning in at the scrum, playing the ball after going off their feet etc.
Genuine question - this is clearly a view that many people hold, so if it’s true that officials consistently/persistently favour certain teams - why do they do it? Not just in the case of the current Leinster, but variously in the past it’s been Sarries, Exeter, New Zealand. And, dare I say it, those “same old Tigers, always cheating”?!

I presume nobody is claiming it’s straightforward corruption or favouritism - so how is it to be explained?
Peyper is just a weak referee who lets himself be influenced by players and fans. The amount of back chat, arguing, screaming and over-familiarisation that he has accepted in this match is just wrong.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

It’s just the way it is but the last play highlighted by Oz just shows some refs just don’t see things.
Leinster have got away with an incredible amount today.
Like Backyard did v Munster, they’ve played the ref better!
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

I know there is a lot going on but Peyper is awful
TigerReggie

Post by TigerReggie »

Too many penalties should be a card soon
TigerReggie

Post by TigerReggie »

Leinster getting away with a card there
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Sorry, but after the yellow in the first half, giving just a warning now is hard to pass off as anything short of corrupt.

Inexplicable.
TigerReggie

Post by TigerReggie »

Card. Now. Please.
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:21 pm I know there is a lot going on but Peyper is awful
Finally pings Leinster and kept the yellow after about 3 pens in 5m