TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Jimmy Gopperth on leaving

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:59 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:01 am
Hot_Charlie wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 9:50 am

Has done in the past and played there a lot as a young player, but hasn't started a top level game there since early 2021 when he had three consecutive Prem starts at 10. Other than that, in the past 5 years or so he's only been used at 10 in the Challenge Cup or PRC (8 times).
9 of his 10 starts in Japan for Mitsubishi DynaBoars has been at 10 (all in 2023), only once started at 15 for them. Obviously Matt To'omua being injured for most of that probably meant they had a bit more of an opening there.
Interesting. I think the biggest thing from his time at Worcester is that he tended really only to play there as an emergency or in the "less important" competitions in recent years.
I personally think he is similar to Hegarty, in 15 is his primary position, but more than comfortable with playing 10 also.

I actually think it may be interesting in the 6N next season, there is a chance we could say see, Pollard, Atkinson & Shilcock all in the same team which gives lots of options for creativity.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: Jimmy Gopperth on leaving

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:11 am
Hot_Charlie wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:59 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:01 am

9 of his 10 starts in Japan for Mitsubishi DynaBoars has been at 10 (all in 2023), only once started at 15 for them. Obviously Matt To'omua being injured for most of that probably meant they had a bit more of an opening there.
Interesting. I think the biggest thing from his time at Worcester is that he tended really only to play there as an emergency or in the "less important" competitions in recent years.
I personally think he is similar to Hegarty, in 15 is his primary position, but more than comfortable with playing 10 also.

I actually think it may be interesting in the 6N next season, there is a chance we could say see, Pollard, Atkinson & Shilcock all in the same team which gives lots of options for creativity.
Very much so. :smt001