Tigers v Quins (H) - Saturday 06th May 2023 - KO 4-00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Quins (H) - Saturday 06th May 2023 - KO 4-00pm

Post by Pellsey »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 5:34 pm The officiating has been rubbish for both sides but this is a phoned in performance from us
Yup... I dont think Tempest is biased... just very random. I think he does a little "eenie meenie" in his head.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Carnduff on
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Evans has got away with entering from the side about 4 times today
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Showed real fight there, 14 man defence denied Quins a try which is a plus but attack and kicking looked really rusty
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

We at least showed some resolve in the last 20 mins. With other officials, the outcome would have been different.

Fitting that they won by a penalty!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

JvP seems to have gone backwards; no sense of urgency, v poor kicks.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

That was not good. Only away win for Quins this season too. Very disappointing for the last home game. I simply fail to comprehend why you'd box kick the ball away with minutes to spare: both nines did it.
Better significantly improve before the semi.
Tigers looked rusty - why send a B team to Saints last w/e?
Louis

Post by Louis »

I see what people are saying about that being a bit poor from Tigers today, but the utter dog in that team being a hair's breadth from a win with 14 men for over 40 minutes is, to me, a heartening sight. Even playing badly Tigers have got the old Leicester spirit. Of course I'd rather Tigers win than be impressive losers, but if Tigers had to lose (and at 14 men, the odds weren't in the team's favour), I'll take a well fought loss any day. That shambles against Stains last week was an abomination, for example.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Didn't see the game as was digging!!

Why did Ashton get sent off, and was that the penalty try?
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

markharbtiger wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 6:02 pm That was not good. Only away win for Quins this season too. Very disappointing for the last home game. I simply fail to comprehend why you'd box kick the ball away with minutes to spare: both nines did it.
Better significantly improve before the semi.
If you focus on the first 60 mins, I completely agree. The last 20 were far better.

The result only mattered for pride, but we should still take some for the fight in the last 20. It really could have gone either way at the end.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

It was not a classic. Felt like a dead rubber.

Decent effort in the 2nd half.

Hope Ashy gets let off by the commission. Feels like another case of the ref having no empathy for defenders.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

ads wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 6:07 pm Didn't see the game as was digging!!

I think Ashton should have got yellow as Murley was ducking a little.

IMHO I think he also go the penalty try wrong - it was for taking down a maul. I think this was dragged down by their 5 on the other side of the maul where sir was standing.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I've only seen the replay of the Ashton incident and it's a pretty clear red. Ashton is always going in high and Murley steps through one tackle and then starts low and drives up cashing his face into Ashton's shoulder.

Neither player meant it but it's a shoulder direct to the head with force. Ashton is always upright. Sadly no chance of it being rescinded.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Louis wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 6:06 pm I see what people are saying about that being a bit poor from Tigers today, but the utter dog in that team being a hair's breadth from a win with 14 men for over 40 minutes is, to me, a heartening sight. Even playing badly Tigers have got the old Leicester spirit. Of course I'd rather Tigers win than be impressive losers, but if Tigers had to lose (and at 14 men, the odds weren't in the team's favour), I'll take a well fought loss any day. That shambles against Stains last week was an abomination, for example.
I don't disagree with your comments but with such a strong side, home game, sell-out crowd, opponents not having won away, it shouldn't have got away from us. Even before the red card it didn't look like it was heading our way.
I don't think last weeks result was going to be anything other given the teams put out. Whether we should have included more of our starting 15 could be argued given how rusty some of them looked today
Last edited by markharbtiger on Sat May 06, 2023 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 6:11 pm

I've only seen the replay of the Ashton incident and it's a pretty clear red. Ashton is always going in high and Murley steps through one tackle and then starts low and drives up cashing his face into Ashton's shoulder.

Neither player meant it but it's a shoulder direct to the head with force. Ashton is always upright. Sadly no chance of it being rescinded.
So you are saying Murley driving up towards Ashton not mitigation in itself? As you said, he was low. This is mitigation.

I think it was extremly harsh, in any case, especially as the Brown challenge got nothing, not even a penalty.