Play Off Semi-final - Sale - 14th May 2023 - KO 3-00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Play Off Semi-final - Sale - 14th May 2023 - KO 3-00pm

Post by Ian Cant »

Yes: it was the lack of communication from Tigers and Sale.
Secondly I, and I imagine a few others were willing to take the risk of purchasing tickets although if thrashed by Quins we’d then play Saracens.
If that had happened I’d have offered my tickets to Saints’ fans.
Lastly, should we end up playing Saracens I imagine Saints’ fans will be just as concerned about what’s happened!
I’m not angry but think it could have been handled better.
In the past it’s not been a major issue as Tigers and Wasps( the Ricoh) were large stadiums. Saracens a club that I’ve always found well organised and fair to all fans,
as I imagine Exeter, Quins and the other clubs would be.
Last edited by Ian Cant on Tue May 02, 2023 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Finally: thanks Tigers and Sale: you responded with a clear explanation of how the tickets will be available.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Ian Cant wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:33 pm Finally: thanks Tigers and Sale: you responded with a clear explanation of how the tickets will be available.
Admittedly it might have been updated but the item on the clubs app was placed there at 9.25 this morning.

I will say no more I hope that everyone who manages to get ticket has a safe and enjoyable trip
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

It's changed again - possibly after feedback. Trying to get onto the Sale website from the ground would have been madness:
'Season Ticket Holders and Seasonal Members will have access to a priority window from 7.00pm on Saturday, May 6.........'
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

In view of the ground limitations why don't Sale try to move game to a larger stadium, more tickets, greater profit? I know its a bit late but there must be a bigger soccer stadium available on a Sunday.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

LE18 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:20 pm In view of the ground limitations why don't Sale try to move game to a larger stadium, more tickets, greater profit? I know its a bit late but there must be a bigger soccer stadium available on a Sunday.
Yes but the bigger the location it is likely that Tigers will have the bigger portion of the additional crowd.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:30 pm
LE18 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:20 pm In view of the ground limitations why don't Sale try to move game to a larger stadium, more tickets, greater profit? I know its a bit late but there must be a bigger soccer stadium available on a Sunday.
Yes but the bigger the location it is likely that Tigers will have the bigger portion of the additional crowd.
So what, we are going to win anyway. :smt045
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

sk 88 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:50 pm
the only KO game I missed for 20 years was the 2016 semi final as it clashed directly with LCFC's title run in.
Not a proper fan then? 🤣
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

anz3001 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:51 pm
sk 88 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:50 pm
the only KO game I missed for 20 years was the 2016 semi final as it clashed directly with LCFC's title run in.
Not a proper fan then? 🤣
Part timer compared to some! :smt005
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
Terracetiger4
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Terracetiger4 »

Some more tickets going on sale from sale tomorrow evening at 7. Incase anyone doesn’t want to wait till Saturday.
Raimond
Tiger Cub

Post by Raimond »

I'd imagine something like it being their first semi final for many years and them not wanting to surrender home advantage just to please the opposition fans. I'd imagine.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Raimond wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 12:07 am
I'd imagine something like it being their first semi final for many years and them not wanting to surrender home advantage just to please the opposition fans. I'd imagine.
Also probably quite difficult to arrange in less than a month if no existing agreement was in place and would almost certainly negate any profit the club were making from a home semi-final.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:23 am
Also probably quite difficult to arrange in less than a month if no existing agreement was in place and would almost certainly negate any profit the club were making from a home semi-final.
Where there is a will, there is a way.

Regarding the extra fans, it sounds like there are a lot of Sales "new found supporters" who cant get a ticket, amazing how they come out of the closet when there might be some silverware at stake!

I cannot see why there wouldn't be extra profit by moving to a larger stadium, if that were the case why do Quins move to Twickenham etc etc?
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

LE18 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 12:26 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:23 am

Where there is a will, there is a way.

Regarding the extra fans, it sounds like there are a lot of Sales "new found supporters" who cant get a ticket, amazing how they come out of the closet when there might be some silverware at stake!

I cannot see why there wouldn't be extra profit by moving to a larger stadium, if that were the case why do Quins move to Twickenham etc etc?
Quins go to Twickenham on the basis that they'll average 70000-82000 attendees. The maths works out hiring the stadium to do so. Its worth noting that clubs that have moved games to HQ or Tottenham (for example) have tended to do it with several months notice, or as a regular occurrence (Big Game etc) to ensure they have time to market adequately. Not 3 weeks.

To do so in a matter of weeks into a new stadium, at whatever cost it would be without the organic supporter base to virtually guarantee it being full, could be commercial suicide for a smaller club. Tigers have taken games to "neutral" stadiums for Euro knock-out fixtures, but that's been in the knowledge it's been to either a stadium 800m away (so no different to pretty much any fans) or to Nottingham, which is barely different to the healthy normal supporter numbers.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Quins, Sarries etc give months notice before moving a special match to Twickenham, Wembley or a large football ground with plenty of time for marketing, we are now just a week away from the semi-final and Sale are not yet absolutely certain of the opposition. Had we been successful in earning a home semi.I doubt that we would have had a sell.out. We would have had season ticket holders refusing to pay for the match saying it should be on the season ticket, I am sure Sale would have had the same problem but they have given the match free to their season ticket holders having not arranged anything to compensate for the loss of Worcs and Wasps games.
Premiership semi finals do not produce sell outs so there would be no point in moving to a large stadium to accommodate a 50,000 crowd particularly with so little time available to sell the extra tickets.