Play Off Semi-final - Sale - 14th May 2023 - KO 3-00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Play Off Semi-final - Sale - 14th May 2023 - KO 3-00pm

Post by GB72 »

I guess that is the one missing fact in this whole matter (maybe still does nto excuse the club silence). Sarries immediately agreed to refunds if the fixtures changed. Not seen anything that states that Sale have made that offer. I would be surprised if they had not (based on contract law alone they would have sold tickets to an event that did not exist) unless they were sold as semi final tickets with no mention of who was involved.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

GB72 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:31 am I guess that is the one missing fact in this whole matter (maybe still does nto excuse the club silence). Sarries immediately agreed to refunds if the fixtures changed. Not seen anything that states that Sale have made that offer. I would be surprised if they had not (based on contract law alone they would have sold tickets to an event that did not exist) unless they were sold as semi final tickets with no mention of who was involved.
That’s a point I made earlier. As the home teams Sarries and Sale can both sell tickets for a home game on a date that has been confirmed against opponents tba. In my mind that’s no different to buying a season ticket which includes European fixtures though we don’t know who they are.
Tigers cannot sell tickets for an away game against Sale on May 14th as it doesn’t exist.

The club has now put something on the app and I’m assuming the web site about ticket times and availability and season ticket holders will be able to purchase tickets at the conclusion of the Quins game
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/pr ... 23-tickets

Leicester Tigers will receive an allocation of tickets for supporters in the 2022/23 Gallagher Premiership semi-finals.

While the club's place in the semi-finals is confirmed, our opponents will be confirmed following the final round of league fixtures this weekend.

On-sale dates for the allocation are below:

Season Ticket Holders and Seasonal Hospitality Members: from conclusion of Tigers v Harlequins on Saturday, May 6
Super Members and Members: from 5.00pm on Sunday, May 7
General sale of remaining tickets: from 5.00pm on Monday, May 8
The Season Ticket Holders and Seasonal Hospitality priority window will remain open for 48 hours.

The Super Members and Members priority window will remain open for 24 hours.

Any remaining allocation will then be made available on general sale to those opted in to hear from Leicester Tigers via email.

Supporter travel, organised by the club, will be available on general sale following the conclusion of the match against Harlequins, on a first-come, first-served basis.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:49 am https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/pr ... 23-tickets

Leicester Tigers will receive an allocation of tickets for supporters in the 2022/23 Gallagher Premiership semi-finals.

While the club's place in the semi-finals is confirmed, our opponents will be confirmed following the final round of league fixtures this weekend.

On-sale dates for the allocation are below:

Season Ticket Holders and Seasonal Hospitality Members: from conclusion of Tigers v Harlequins on Saturday, May 6
Super Members and Members: from 5.00pm on Sunday, May 7
General sale of remaining tickets: from 5.00pm on Monday, May 8
The Season Ticket Holders and Seasonal Hospitality priority window will remain open for 48 hours.

The Super Members and Members priority window will remain open for 24 hours.

Any remaining allocation will then be made available on general sale to those opted in to hear from Leicester Tigers via email.

Supporter travel, organised by the club, will be available on general sale following the conclusion of the match against Harlequins, on a first-come, first-served basis.
It's like the club actively like causing their most engaged fans the highest possible level of stress.

So at the point that the internet is least likely to be working smoothly (as lots of people are close together & using it at the same time) people will have to navigate a ticketing site (presumably, it doesn't actually say whether it is online or in person/on the phone) on their phones to buy their tickets.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Commonsense would dictate that as straight after the Quins game the majority of season ticket holders will be on site, the ticket office will be open for physical sales.
I understand that won’t be convenient for everyone but I can’t see the allocation being much more than a 1000 tickets so take your choice.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:20 am Commonsense would dictate that as straight after the Quins game the majority of season ticket holders will be on site, the ticket office will be open for physical sales.
I understand that won’t be convenient for everyone but I can’t see the allocation being much more than a 1000 tickets so take your choice.
That isn't what the announcement says though. It doesn't detail at all how tickets can purchased, there isn't even a physical ticket office to queue at anymore anyway. Where would that even be? The ticket office staff are located below the corporate areas where I doubt they want the hoi polloi hanging around.

I don't understand why people are so happy to defend really low standards from the club. These things we're asking is only what the club has done for every single previous away semi final.

And as I say, doing things immediately after games shows no consideration for the people who want to go to the games and enjoy them. Not spend the entire time stressing about getting tickets for the semi final, or at the final whistle immediately having to move into purchasing mode and not being able to enjoy their matchday as they wish.

There are a lot of threads on here about attendances, growth etc. Not considering fans feelings & enjoyment is the root cause of a lot of it. You just want to support the club and they make it very difficult.

These are basic standards not difficult requests.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sk 88 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:28 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:20 am Commonsense would dictate that as straight after the Quins game the majority of season ticket holders will be on site, the ticket office will be open for physical sales.
That isn't what the announcement says though. It doesn't detail at all how tickets can purchased, there isn't even a physical ticket office to queue at anymore anyway. Where would that even be? The ticket office staff are located below the corporate areas where I doubt they want the hoi polloi hanging around.

I don't understand why people are so happy to defend really low standards from the club. These things we're asking is only what the club has done for every single previous away semi final.

And as I say, doing things immediately after games shows no consideration for the people who want to go to the games and enjoy them. Not spend the entire time stressing about getting tickets for the semi final, or at the final whistle immediately having to move into purchasing mode and not being able to enjoy their matchday as they wish.

There are a lot of threads on here about attendances, growth etc. Not considering fans feelings & enjoyment is the root cause of a lot of it. You just want to support the club and they make it very difficult.

So what would you have done ?
You don’t want to wait after there may be quite a few who would be happier with that arrangement.
Who says people are getting stressed you either get a ticket or you don’t, and if you make the decision to queue for a ticket then that’s your call.
Sometimes people have to make decisions on the information given and not expect it to be wrapped up in neat parcels
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:34 pm

You don’t want to wait after there may be quite a few who would be happier with that arrangement.
Who says people are getting stressed you either get a ticket or you don’t, and if you make the decision to queue for a ticket then that’s your call.
Sometimes people have to make decisions on the information given and not expect it to be wrapped up in neat parcels
1) Confirmed there was an allocation for either game & the size of it.
2) Once the details for how the tickets were going to be sold announce that (i.e. physical, online, over the phone)
3) Do it on the Sunday, or at 8pm on the Saturday if it was online only.

And finally, as you can probably tell from my tone I am getting very stressed by this whole process because it's not a case of "oh well never mind" the only KO game I missed for 20 years was the 2016 semi final as it clashed directly with LCFC's title run in. That attitude actually riles me up even more.

When there was limited tickets before and it was physical tickets only there was a simple system of a queue. It wasn't great but you knew if you cared enough and got there early enough you'd get a ticket. Was quite happy with that. Those of us who get stressed got there early those people who were relaxed got there late. Self sorted. Now clearly online sales are a lot better than queuing from 3am like I used to. But there is no way to self sort the people who would queue up all day to secure them and people dipping in on the off chance.

Doing it immediately after the match will make the Quins match, particularly the end of it, unenjoyable. And if I fail to get a semi ticket because I cannot get online, because that's just what happens sometimes in crowds, I will be disconsolate. Quite clearly you don't care at all, and that's your prerogative, well done you for keeping things in a healthier perspective. But I'm going to say its bad service because it is bad service to me.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The Club may not be aware of how many tickets are going to be part of the allocation and /or still are awaiting receipt of them.
More specific details of how they will be sold are likely to be announced nearer the time.
There is a Ticket Office which is situated on the corner of the Stands on Aylestone Road.
I believe that they are likely to be sold straight after the game so fans do not have to make return trips to the ground but also available online ........but will just have tow wait for the exact details.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sk 88 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:50 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:34 pm

1) Confirmed there was an allocation for either game & the size of it.
2) Once the details for how the tickets were going to be sold announce that (i.e. physical, online, over the phone)
3) Do it on the Sunday, or at 8pm on the Saturday if it was online only.

And finally, as you can probably tell from my tone I am getting very stressed by this whole process because it's not a case of "oh well never mind" the only KO game I missed for 20 years was the 2016 semi final as it clashed directly with LCFC's title run in. That attitude actually riles me up even more.

When there was limited tickets before and it was physical tickets only there was a simple system of a queue. It wasn't great but you knew if you cared enough and got there early enough you'd get a ticket. Was quite happy with that. Those of us who get stressed got there early those people who were relaxed got there late. Self sorted. Now clearly online sales are a lot better than queuing from 3am like I used to. But there is no way to self sort the people who would queue up all day to secure them and people dipping in on the off chance.

Doing it immediately after the match will make the Quins match, particularly the end of it, unenjoyable. And if I fail to get a semi ticket because I cannot get online, because that's just what happens sometimes in crowds, I will be disconsolate. Quite clearly you don't care at all, and that's your prerogative, well done you for keeping things in a healthier perspective. But I'm going to say its bad service because it is bad service to me.
And I get that it’s bad service for you, and yes I remember queuing up behind the old members stand to get tickets.
I am going to try and answer each of your points individually as I don’t wish to add to your stress levels.
Firstly there was always going to be an allocation but the size of it is dependent on where the game is being played.
I do take your point that they should say how the tickets are going to be sold, but many would say that waiting in a phone queue or trying to get on line is much worse than queuing in person.
Again your third point is that it would be better for you for those times. 8pm Saturday evening when the game won’t finish till 5.45 fans could still be travelling home or out for the evening. No time will suit everyone and Tigers staff will already be at the ground to deal with sales, however they are made rather than having to come back on a Sunday.

I really hope you get your ticket and appreciate that the stress of the situation maybe preventing you from seeing the bigger picture
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

GB72 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:31 am I guess that is the one missing fact in this whole matter (maybe still does nto excuse the club silence). Sarries immediately agreed to refunds if the fixtures changed. Not seen anything that states that Sale have made that offer. I would be surprised if they had not (based on contract law alone they would have sold tickets to an event that did not exist) unless they were sold as semi final tickets with no mention of who was involved.
I suspect the Sarries strategy is something they have been able to produce and agree with their ticketing provider. Whether Sale wanted to do the same we don't know. :smt001
Pmvl
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Pmvl »

I have just spoken to the ticket office after reading this forum, apparently all season ticket holders will receive an email after the game against Quins once it is assured who we will play in the semi's. Attached to the email will be a link to buy tickets to which ever team we are playing, the chap I spoke to could not tell me when the tickets actually go on sale just that the only way was to follow the link.
wolverhampton_tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by wolverhampton_tiger »

Looks like they've updated the news article, tickets will be available from the Sale Sharks website, not Tigers.
Please note that our Ticket Allocation will only be available to purchase from Sale Sharks' website and the link sent via email will direct you to there. You will be unable to purchase tickets to the game directly from Tickets.LeicesterTigers.com or by calling the Ticket Office.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Those of us who travel to away games know this is the way and has been for some time that you have to get tickets online from the host club.
Hence: I have accounts with Premiership Clubs: all of them are very good but Sale is the poorest for communication and help though after a few emails they did say they’d sent a link to Tigers!
Even my cousins who live about 15 minutes away from the AJBell and have Memberships with Sale couldn’t get tickets! I imagine other genuine Sale supporters( who turn up regularly but aren’t season ticket holders) haven’t got tickets either!
I still hope to go but it’s in the lap of the in-line internet gods!!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Ian Cant wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:02 pm Those of us who travel to away games know this is the way and has been for some time that you have to get tickets online from the host club.
Hence: I have accounts with Premiership Clubs: all of them are very good but Sale is the poorest for communication and help though after a few emails they did say they’d sent a link to Tigers!
Even my cousins who live about 15 minutes away from the AJBell and have Memberships with Sale couldn’t get tickets! I imagine other genuine Sale supporters( who turn up regularly but aren’t season ticket holders) haven’t got tickets either!
I still hope to go but it’s in the lap of the in-line internet gods!!
I’m pleased it’s sorted to a degree, but I do wonder why if you and those who travel to away games know this is how it works and has done for some time, why have Tigers been getting stick for something they have no control over ?