LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 Squad and transfers thread part 2: The Lion, the Wig and the Wardrobe

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 Squad and transfers thread part 2: The Lion, the Wig and the Wardrobe

Post by ay2oh »

Suspect that the Pollard quote re salary should read £1.8 M over three years hence £600k per season which is what was quoted at the time.
A2O
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 Squad and transfers thread part 2: The Lion, the Wig and the Wardrobe

Post by Dangerous4 »

That makes me one too. :smt002
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

From what I’ve seen of Theobold Thomas, he might quickly overtake Vanes.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

The Telegraph reporting that England have enquired about Harrison joining the coaching staff.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:45 pm The Telegraph reporting that England have enquired about Harrison joining the coaching staff.
Link to the article: https://archive.ph/OV5em
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

TTRITH wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:08 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:55 am You’ve misread me Bunchy. I have no problems with what Tom West has done and good luck to him. What I’m saying is that imo once Saracens have released the news, why haven’t Tigers come out with a statement, just a couple of lines, saying thanks Tom for your work at the club. It’s no longer a secret why does it all have to be saved up. IMO it is almost disrespectful
It's not almost disrespectful, it is disrespectful.

These guys have put their bodies on the line for the club, and the club can't be arsed to acknowledge it, because it doesn't fit with their "plan".

I know the club like having this veil of secrecy, but does it really hurt announcing the list of leavers, ahead of the final game of the season. Some of these players will play their final game against Saints, and then could get a proper send off at Welford Road, like used to happen.
Unless the players and coaches want to focus on the season run in before talking about the future clubs? Plenty of time to say goodbye.
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

fentiger wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:48 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:45 pm The Telegraph reporting that England have enquired about Harrison joining the coaching staff.
Surely the RFU Cant take a 5th coach from a single club…
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Tigersunited wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:20 pm
They can do what they want (unfortunately) if the price is right or the will is there from Harrison to step up to an international role
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tigersunited wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:20 pm
They can ask who they like. I imagine it’s like being a player, being asked to represent your country is the highest honour you can get.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

I like Tom Harrison but if the price is right I wouldn't be opposed to him going
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... t-26798431

Cardiff have released their leavers list.

A long list of 16 players - I’d look at the likes of Rey Lee-Lo, Willis Halaholo, James Ratti, Dmitri Arhip, Harri Millard and Jason Harries as relatively cheap yet solid options for centres, backrow, prop and wing?!

If I had to pick I’d look specifically at Lee-Lo, Halaholo and Ratti
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Probably a season too early for King Cole to move into a player/coach role.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Interestingly the article talks about it possibly being an interim role.

I do wonder IF the case is that it is an interim role it's not the end of the world instead it may help us. Reasons being

A) McKellar was a prop himself so I think he can cope with scrum coaching for a bit if needed.

B) Harrison will learn from being in an international setup and mean were he to return he will have improved as a coach.

C) If it's an interim role he may be splitting his time and still working for the Tigers and England together.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Frankie Sleightholme leaving Saints, would be a good player to pinch.
Low risk high reward in terms of cost and in a position we are not really producing.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:58 pm Frankie Sleightholme leaving Saints, would be a good player to pinch.
Low risk high reward in terms of cost and in a position we are not really producing.
Haven’t seen much of him but if he has wheels like his brother that could be a good pinch for a season or two and see how he develops?!