Post by sapajo »

Love La Rochelle playing sweet Caroline in victory at the end great wind up
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Other European fixtures - Easter Weekend 2023

Post by sapajo »

Ian Cant wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:46 pm Must say I like LaRochelle’s tactics of kicking into touch to the halfway line. Gives the defence time to get set and Sarries have no answer.
That’s what has impressed me about Mike Brown as he will kick to touch. It’s harder to score from line outs 40-45 metres out!!
Kick the ball to Exeter next Sunday and it plays into their hands!!!
I have no doubt we shall do just that :smt009
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Lutontiger wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:01 pm I’m just glad Sars are getting penalised for a change - makes up for all the times they aren’t!
Exactly! I'm lovin' it!
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Sarries lost. Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.
Not that I ever did mind if they lost. About time they got pinged for the various infringements.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

I might even just watch that game again just to watch Sorries get their karma, or at least a very small part of it. :smt041 :smt035 :smt046
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

BigDan50 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:55 pm I don’t like criticising referees but this is the worse and most biased performance by a ref I have ever seen, feel sorry for Saracens.
BigDan50 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:50 pm Saracens getting the rough end of the stick by the ref, the ref is not having a good game, seems to be favouring La Rochelle, not looking to penalise them at all.
You really have got some neck, utterly shameless :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 considering (to me at least) the majority of your infrequent posts (up to you how often you post of course - observation not criticism), which seem to normally only come after a Tigers loss, are to tell Tigers' supporters (usually sanctimoniously) not to complain about officiating after a game where, in some (not all) cases Tigers have been extremely unlucky with some officiating decisions.

Sarries got what they deserved today, refereed - plain and simple, nothing biased, nothing corrupt, not ineptitude. If it isn't bias/corruption/ ineptitude when it occurs against Tigers then it cannot be so when it happens against someone else. Sarries just didn't play the ref well enough, at least, that's what the board gets told (often by yourself) when Tigers get the raw end of a deal.

All in my opinion of course.

Well done La Rochelle, fully deserved winners and I genuinely hope they go on to the final, I wouldn't bet against, or be concerned by an all French affair against Toulouse either.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

After watching the game as a neutral which was nice, I thought that La Rochelle had the number of Sarries today. Their power runners punched holes at will. I think they must have been gutted to have lost Skelton. The bloke was a machine and a wreaking ball. Shame he had to go off injured. I liked a previous posters remark of kicking the ball out and contesting the line out. We give it back to Exeter we may struggle.
I don’t watch much French rugby (sorry Robespierre, although I am half way though a Chateauneuf du pape in celebration for La Rochelle) but the league must be on par with the Super leauge.
I felt that for the first time in a while Sarries didn’t have any answers to the questions.
Apart from Friday, this has been a very enjoyable weekend of rugby. I hope that the injury to Billy V isn’t too serious as it looked bad.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:31 pm
I don’t watch much French rugby (sorry Robespierre, although I am half way though a Chateauneuf du pape in celebration for La Rochelle) but the league must be on par with the Super league.
Good choice of wine, Doc!!!
Semper in excretia
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Best team won with Botia and Kerr Barlow on another level.
Billy V injury looked serious and could be a problem for Sarries with Christie out with a Broken arm and their excellent Samoa back row, whose name escapes me, also out. Back row resources starting to get a little thin
Last edited by Rugbygramps on Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:35 am
Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:31 pm
I don’t watch much French rugby (sorry Robespierre, although I am half way though a Chateauneuf du pape in celebration for La Rochelle) but the league must be on par with the Super league.
Good choice of wine, Doc!!!
I had a very nice Malbec with my Easter Lamb.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:05 am Best team won with Botia and Kerr Barlow on another level.
Billy V injury looked serious and could be a problem for Sarries with Christie out with a Broken arm and their excellent Samoa back row, whose name escapes me, also out. Back row resources starting to get a little thin
Theo McFarland is the guy who's name you're forgetting I think
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:17 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:05 am Best team won with Botia and Kerr Barlow on another level.
Theo McFarland is the guy who's name you're forgetting I think
It is TFS thanks for that , it’s an age thing.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Mr Goode (Andy) on Twitter bemoaning the quality of French TV replays.

Maybe Austin should learn French....could be counterproductive though!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Big Dai wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:34 am
Maybe Austin should learn French....could be counterproductive though!
Mon dieu 😱! No, thank you!! Over here, the Six Nations and European rugby is shown on terrestrial France2, and the expert summariser/co-commentator is the excellent Dimitri Yachvili, former Biarritz and France scrum half, whose style is far from the provocative Healey! However, I do enjoy listening to Healey when I’m in the UK. It’s Dallaglio I can’t stand!
Semper in excretia
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Billy V is out for the rest of the season after his injury last weekend.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/65252667

A pretty big blow for Sarries as they are already pretty thin in the back row currently.