Spurs stadium for next years European finals

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Spurs stadium for next years European finals

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

Yes hold it at the Spurs ground it's the best stadium in the UK, possibly Europe, although the transport links are rubbish.

This year's final was meant to be held there. It was only when EPCR realised that the final day of the Premier League was the day after the final and Spurs could be at home that it got moved to Dublin. As it happens Spurs are away that weekend, but Beyonce's playing shows there the following week so it's still unavailable.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

I went to the Spurs Stadium last summer for a Guns n Roses concert and was staying over in London as travelling back after the gig wasn't practical. The transport links, especially if you know your way around London, are quite good. It would need to be full to get a good atmosphere.
However, one of the biggest positives for me was the catering. Decades ahead of Twickenham!
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Chobbsy wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:48 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:46 am Makes no difference to me. It’s a sports stadium with state of the art facilities and excellent public transport links.
Excellent public transport links? :smt017
Buses and tubes unless I’m mistaken there is a tube station near by which would give fans access who arrived in London by Tain or plane.
If I’m mistaken my apologies

Edit it was part assumption on my part as I knew getting to White Hart Lane was relatively easy. It appears my assumption was incorrect reading others posts.
Still a brilliant stadium Richard Hammonds video on how the rotate the pitch is excellent
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:46 am Makes no difference to me. It’s a sports stadium with state of the art facilities and excellent public transport links.
Yes - transport links are quite good, but you need to know your way around London and what train and tube lines go where. The Overground station at White Hart Lane is very close. So, as I say, as long as you know your way around, you'll be fine getting there.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

WirralExile wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:20 pm
Yes - transport links are quite good, but you need to know your way around London and what train and tube lines go where. The Overground station at White Hart Lane is very close. So, as I say, as long as you know your way around, you'll be fine getting there.
Its the same for all travellers wherever you go, you need to do a little research first, ie Google, then follow your nose. I don't know where Wembley stadium is, I know its at Wembley but it would not take much doing to find the route.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

I know exactly where both Twickenham and Wembley are, been to both literally hundreds of times, still doesn't mean it's easy to get to as a fan or more importantly get out of
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
TiltonTiger

Post by TiltonTiger »

Probably easier to get to from Leicester (shire) than Twickers.
Not a jock
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Not a jock »

Chobbsy wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:26 am
sk 88 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:23 am UEFA did host a Champions League Final in Cardiff in 2017.

We used to only host in "rugby stadiums" and it going boring very quickly. I'd prefer them to go into continental Europe far more often and get it played in Amsterdam, Cologne, Turin, Milan, Madrid, Barcelona, Frankfurt, Munich, etc.

As easy for Anglo-French fans to get to as Dublin, all have more hotels than Edinburgh, all have surprisingly large local rugby scenes that would turnout 100% for what would be a once in a lifetime event rather than what are pretty de rigueur events at Twickenham or even London generally.
You will get that the first time it's South Africa's turn to host the final, which must come at some stage, after all they are now part of Europe :smt017
Can't wait for the Eurovision Song Contest to be held in the Sydney Opera House with the live final starting at breakfast time.

Don't they teach geography in schools anymore?