Leinster away travel

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Leinster away travel

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Pmvl wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:59 am This is where the club should step in, I’m certain they will be chartering a flight & if they want their supporters ( family) there they should open it up to them, they used to do it years ago. As has been mentioned on this thread with it being Easter the flights & accommodation costs are ridiculous plus we’ve only got 6 days to try & sort it out.
I saw some people on Twitter volunteering to be navigator for the Tigers kitman who's driving a van over...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

We certainly have been dealt a bit of a bum wrap.
Would have been different travelling to South Africa or France I honestly don’t know.

The issue may be that as far as I’m aware these dates have been blocked out in the fixture list certainly since Christmas if not the start of the season. With 4 pool games to be played plus the round of 16 not even Septic Peg could have foreseen who would be playing where
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:13 am We certainly have been dealt a bit of a bum wrap.
Would have been different travelling to South Africa or France I honestly don’t know.

The issue may be that as far as I’m aware these dates have been blocked out in the fixture list certainly since Christmas if not the start of the season. With 4 pool games to be played plus the round of 16 not even Septic Peg could have foreseen who would be playing where
No she wouldn't but anyone with half a brain should have realised there would be some awkward travelling involved by one team or another, very unfair organisation.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

LE18 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:45 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:13 am We certainly have been dealt a bit of a bum wrap.

No she wouldn't but anyone with half a brain should have realised there would be some awkward travelling involved by one team or another, very unfair organisation.
Playing Devils Advocate, how do you plan if you don’t know what’s going to happen in fixtures involving clubs from 6 different countries
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:49 pm

Playing Devils Advocate, how do you plan if you don’t know what’s going to happen in fixtures involving clubs from 6 different countries
Not agree to consecutive weeks for different knockout rounds...
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:46 pm

I agree but it’s that age old thing of getting 7 or 8 different unions to agree.
It’s a poor situation and as per usual it’s the travelling fans that bear the brunt.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:55 pm

I agree but it’s that age old thing of getting 7 or 8 different unions to agree.
It’s a poor situation and as per usual it’s the travelling fans that bear the brunt.
Like I said on the other tread, play domestic leagues next week and Cup following week. Yes still some problems but much more local.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

LE18 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:38 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:55 pm

Like I said on the other tread, play domestic leagues next week and Cup following week. Yes still some problems but much more local.
The reason they don't (wrongly IMO) is the URC ensure you have two consecutive weeks in SA for any teams playing their away fixtures there, meaning they insist on two weeks blocks for their domestic games, which screw us over