Edinburgh match.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Re: Edinburgh match.

Post by mightymouse »

Kings head is still a good pub and always a good selection of ale. Haven’t been in Robert Peel for years so can’t help on that one.
Parcel yard is handy if you’re coming by train.
My personal favourite on way down from station is The Regent club. You’re supposed to have a Member with you but if there is a few of you, one membership between you and sign the rest in is paid for in the money you save in the first round. A bacon cob and chips for sustenance and you’re quids in!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

biffer wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:08 pm
mightymouse wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:28 am I’m interested that we have so much confidence for this match. Edinburgh’s poor form is surely related to who is available.
They could have a team including
Schoeman McInally Nel Gilchrist Skinner Richie Watson Haning Pygros Kinghorn Bennet VDM Borfelli and Darcy Graham. The last of whom was Scotlands outstanding player in the Autumn and has been injured ever since until now.

That looks a pretty darn good team to me and they only have this competition to play for.
My confidence in Leicester comes from being an Edinburgh season ticket holder.

It's been ten years since I was down at Welford Road - which pubs are good pre match nowadays? Is the Robert Peel still popular? Parcel Yard, King's Head? We should be in town from about 4 so might try a few....
Biffer so much has changed in the last 10 years, the Stadium, New Hotel, you really must allow time to see the new concourse etc, you can have a beer there, plenty going outside ground and inside. Make sure you stay after the game for the music, band will play you walking 500 miles home. No bagpipes though. :smt035
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

LE18 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:38 pm
mightymouse wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:28 am I’m interested that we have so much confidence for this match. Edinburgh’s poor form is surely related to who is available.
They could have a team including
Schoeman McInally Nel Gilchrist Skinner Richie Watson Haning Pygros Kinghorn Bennet VDM Borfelli and Darcy Graham. The last of whom was Scotlands outstanding player in the Autumn and has been injured ever since until now.

That looks a pretty darn good team to me and they only have this competition to play for.

It's been ten years since I was down at Welford Road - which pubs are good pre match nowadays? Is the Robert Peel still popular? Parcel Yard, King's Head? We should be in town from about 4 so might try a few....
Biffer so much has changed in the last 10 years, the Stadium, New Hotel, you really must allow time to see the new concourse etc, you can have a beer there, plenty going outside ground and inside. Make sure you stay after the game for the music, band will play you walking 500 miles home. No bagpipes though. :smt035
Yeah, only realised the car park had a hotel on it when I looked on Streetview :smt005

Knew about the rebuilt stand on the west side of the ground, it'll be good to see that.

What side of the ground is the new concourse - same as the hotel? On the terracing so planning to go to the ABC pre game, so maybe do the concourse after.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Without wanting to look too far ahead, if we beat Edinburgh and Ulster win at Leinster, would the quarter final be at Welford road as we finished 4th in the league and they finished 8th
MrG2

Post by MrG2 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:17 pm Without wanting to look too far ahead, if we beat Edinburgh and Ulster win at Leinster, would the quarter final be at Welford road as we finished 4th in the league and they finished 8th
That's a big if though
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

MrG2 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:03 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:17 pm Without wanting to look too far ahead, if we beat Edinburgh and Ulster win at Leinster, would the quarter final be at Welford road as we finished 4th in the league and they finished 8th
That's a big if though
I'd say it's probably the best chance Ulster will have (not that it's a super high chance)...

Leinster missing Sexton, rest of their Ireland guys were finishing off a 4 day bender last week.

Still massive underdogs but there's still 15 v 15 on the day.

Anyway let's focus on Edinburgh. If we worry about which Ireland side we'll end up playing it'll end up be Edinburgh who plays them...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

biffer wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:31 pm
LE18 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:38 pm

Yeah, only realised the car park had a hotel on it when I looked on Streetview :smt005

Knew about the rebuilt stand on the west side of the ground, it'll be good to see that.

What side of the ground is the new concourse - same as the hotel? On the terracing so planning to go to the ABC pre game, so maybe do the concourse after.

Biffer, concourse is outside ground, its between new hotel and the front of the stadium, ie North Stand. ABC is a bit run down but is quite well used, Droglites is under the East stand, sadly all memorabilia has been removed, some ex players still use it. Club try to send everyone into the big bar under the north stand, its usually heaving and you can sing along with Rock Bottom the resident band, and Elvis will be very grateful if you help him out after the game.
Enjoy your trip, i will look out for you in the ABC.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Am I right in saying we're announcing our team at 12 today, with us being a Friday kick off?
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:47 am Am I right in saying we're announcing our team at 12 today, with us being a Friday kick off?
That is normally how it works, yes.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I see Dan Kelly!!!
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:01 pm I see Dan Kelly!!!
Whoop whoop! That is quite a team!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

STARTING XV
15 Freddie Steward [68]
14 Anthony Watson [12]
13 Guy Porter [56]
12 Jimmy Gopperth [13]
11 Harry Potter [62]
10 Handré Pollard [10]
9 Jack van Poortvliet [61]
1 James Cronin [12]
2 Julián Montoya (c) [39]
3 Dan Cole [305]
4 George Martin [54]
5 Cameron Henderson [32]
6 Hanro Liebenberg [80]
7 Tommy Reffell [95]
8 Olly Cracknell [20]

REPLACEMENTS
16 Charlie Clare [74]
17 Tom West [6]
18 Joe Heyes [119]
19 Eli Snyman [31]
20 Jasper Wiese [56]
21 Sam Wolstenholme *
22 Charlie Atkinson [14]
23 Dan Kelly [51]
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Initial takeaways, Kelly & Porter both back is huge for our run in.

Glad to see Wolstenholme given a shot too.

We're all but full beans... Wiese in the starting team is about the only other change to make.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

A bit of rotation in the back row perhaps, but fascinating to see Wolstenholme finally being including in the 23 in a European knock out game!
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Dan Kelly on the bench!