Edinburgh match.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Edinburgh match.

Post by biffer »

Edinburgh have been in really poor form recently, a few flashes of excellence but a lot of porous defence. Leicester will win this comfortably.
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

We should absolutely not be rotating too much for Friday, nor in the QF if we get there. Winning is a habit, and we have the momentum with us. Whilst we would be rank outsiders v Leinster if that was the QF, we should be going there with the intention to cause an upset. The damage a heavy defeat could cause would not be good.

We have been given a rest week after Gloucester, ahead of a block of 5 weeks, before our next week off at the end of April. We should be looking to attack this next block as hard as possible and see where we get to.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

biffer wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:29 pm Edinburgh have been in really poor form recently, a few flashes of excellence but a lot of porous defence. Leicester will win this comfortably.
They seem to struggle away from their plastic pitch
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Having seen the Bath result go in our favour too I think I'd be rotating a bit less as that result does give us margin for error.

The only caceat is at lock where if we are down to Martin, Henderson & Snyman plus Academy players (albeit very good ones in Manz and Chessum) I would like Snyman to get more minutes in case he's needed so I'd rest one of Martin or Henderson now.

With Dolly appearing to be a travelling reserve I'd get him in on the bench too...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I think any intention of rotating for Edinburgh is small

1. We have saints games to rotate
2. Wigglesworth is here for the short term he won’t have a long term goal like Borthwick last season
3. Wigglesworth won’t want to risk losing a home knock out game
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Probably means nothing but Mrs Pollard has posted Instagram pictures of her and Handre in Ireland.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:35 pm I think any intention of rotating for Edinburgh is small

1. We have saints games to rotate
2. Wigglesworth is here for the short term he won’t have a long term goal like Borthwick last season
3. Wigglesworth won’t want to risk losing a home knock out game
Wasn't Borthwick's long term goal to be England Head Coach rather than anything at Tigers?! :)

Agreed though that RW will obviously only care about the next 2 months though and the rest ;)
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I’m interested that we have so much confidence for this match. Edinburgh’s poor form is surely related to who is available.
They could have a team including
Schoeman McInally Nel Gilchrist Skinner Richie Watson Haning Pygros Kinghorn Bennet VDM Borfelli and Darcy Graham. The last of whom was Scotlands outstanding player in the Autumn and has been injured ever since until now.

That looks a pretty darn good team to me and they only have this competition to play for.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Very true they beat Saracens in their last champions cup game
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

mightymouse wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:28 am I’m interested that we have so much confidence for this match. Edinburgh’s poor form is surely related to who is available.
Schoeman McInally Nel Gilchrist Skinner Richie Watson Haning Pygros Kinghorn Bennet VDM Borfelli and Darcy Graham. The last of whom was Scotlands outstanding player in the Autumn and has been injured ever since until now.

That looks a pretty darn good team to me and they only have this competition to play for.
See my earlier comment re half the national Scottish side and in Kinghorn they have a very dangerous 10. Our famously narrow pitch and 80% chance of rain on Friday might quell some of their attacking intentions
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

On the flip side, I'm not sure if anyone would want to play us at the moment, especially at MW Welford Road.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I’m not saying we can’t win, I just think they have potentially one of the strongest teams we’ve played this season if everyone is available.
Powerful pack and great running backs and in Borfelli one of the world’s finest goal kickers.
There is only really one Centre position that is weak and when you consider our centre options at the moment I’m not sure we can turn that into an advantage.
Our pitch and the rain may help, but then again a front five boasting those five named above aren’t exactly shrinking violets. I want Cam Henderson to have a massive statement game to
Put his hand up and say .. I want that dark blue jersey come the World Cup .. I’m the new kid on the block and I’m better than you two!
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

mightymouse wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:28 am I’m interested that we have so much confidence for this match. Edinburgh’s poor form is surely related to who is available.

My confidence in Leicester comes from being an Edinburgh season ticket holder.

It's been ten years since I was down at Welford Road - which pubs are good pre match nowadays? Is the Robert Peel still popular? Parcel Yard, King's Head? We should be in town from about 4 so might try a few....
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I would post on the Embra forum, have you still got me blacklisted biffer?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

tigerburnie wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:24 pm I would post on the Embra forum, have you still got me blacklisted biffer?
:smt003 I haven't been on there for a while, it died completely for a while and it's a bit of a ghost town.

Just had a look and the last post on the travel forum is pre-pandemic :smt046