Promotion from the Championship

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Promotion from the Championship

Post by ads »

Wiki says Jerseys ground has a capcity of 4000. Not sure where they all sit/stand though....

Not a jock

Post by Not a jock »

Would George Ford be allowed to kick his spiral 'bombs' that close to an airport?
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Tigers fans have been there with crowds well.in excess of 3,000.
I did hear that the Jersey owner had purchased land adjacent to the ground so expansion is a possibility. My understanding is that a ground of less than the 10k minimum is acceptable if plans for expansion are in place but I would have thought there must be arrangements with temporary stands to increase capacity considerably immediately if Jersey want promotion this year.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

johnthegriff wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:44 am Tigers fans have been there with crowds well.in excess of 3,000.
I did hear that the Jersey owner had purchased land adjacent to the ground so expansion is a possibility. My understanding is that a ground of less than the 10k minimum is acceptable if plans for expansion are in place but I would have thought there must be arrangements with temporary stands to increase capacity considerably immediately if Jersey want promotion this year.
It still needs to be above 5000 at the point of promotion, and they have to have submitted for the promotion audit, which Jersey did not this season.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Not quite at the promotion end of the table, but an interesting fixture tonight between Hartpury and Ampthill. The Ampthill team includes former tigers in Hardwick and Worth. Alas game is not being streamed.
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

teds wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:54 pm Not quite at the promotion end of the table, but an interesting fixture tonight between Hartpury and Ampthill. The Ampthill team includes former tigers in Hardwick and Worth. Alas game is not being streamed.
You don’t have to stream games at Ampthill, you can just climb one of the trees between the clubhouse and pitch!
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

No6_Flanker wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:39 pm
teds wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:54 pm :smt003
Not quite at the promotion end of the table, but an interesting fixture tonight between Hartpury and Ampthill. The Ampthill team includes former tigers in Hardwick and Worth. Alas game is not being streamed.
You don’t have to stream games at Ampthill, you can just climb one of the trees between the clubhouse and pitch!
I am pretty sure you still couldn’t see the Hartpury pitch even if you climbed the highest tree at Ampthill. :smt003
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

teds wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:48 pm
No6_Flanker wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:39 pm
teds wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:54 pm :smt003
I am pretty sure you still couldn’t see the Hartpury pitch even if you climbed the highest tree at Ampthill. :smt003
Resisting the temptation to do some trigonometry…
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.