6 Nations 2023

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: 6 Nations 2023

Post by kpj tiger »

Greenwhiteandred wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:24 pm Imagine having spent £150+ to watch this
That was why Eddie lost his job wasn't it ?
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

England were outclassed, outplayed and outshone.

And Ireland are a better team than France :smt010
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

LittleBigG wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:33 pm
Greenwhiteandred wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:24 pm Imagine having spent £150+ to watch this
Tbf... I'd have been happy to spend £150 on that... absolute masterclass by France
Indeed, it was a tremendous match!
Semper in excretia
TigerLT
Tiger Cub

Post by TigerLT »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:34 pm Borths got that look of “what have I done”?
For picking Dombrant no doubt
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:59 pm England were outclassed, outplayed and outshone.

And Ireland are a better team than France :smt010
Sounds alarming, but any bets on a bounce back?
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Players start trying to do everything themselves, chasing the ball rather than chasing to get back into position. Some naivety in play, positioning and a lack of intensity. There is little space to play at this level and being a good club player does not necessarily translate. Being a good club coach may not either.

France are a great team. I fear Ireland have the same or better cohesion and will easily beat England too. Once England get the new systems and approach embedded so the players just follow it they will be good but some of the players are not international re and add. I could list my views but that would derail this thread. Fact is from today half the team are not.
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

The back row were atrocious
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Dupont will be remembered in years to come like Lomu. A class above the rest and just makes playing the game look ridiculously easy.
Samhorace
Tiger Cub

Post by Samhorace »

Steward strengths showed up well today but his one weakness heavily exposed. Lack of pace. Something that Mike Brown has demonstrated he still has at premiership level since coming in as cover for the Tigers.

Bothwick now knows what needs to be done, no Different to the situation he found when taking over at Tigers, just concerned if he can turn it around at this level. Martin has to come in along with Earl and many more.
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

As many say Borthwick now knows who cannot cut the mustard. Englands backrow were just terrible today- Willis looked exhausted and I’m just not convinced by Dombrandt at all. I just don’t get the hype with Smith, he’s an entertainer but not a winner.

The whole game was a giant car crash. Borthwick and Sinfield will be having chats long into the night about this because it’s a terrible moment for English rugby. The legacy of Jones still lingers like a rotting fish.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

A game for George Martin. Had he been fit at the start of the 6N would he have been there?
If I had to single out players outside the back row that looked all at sea...
George, Itoje, Malins and JVP.
As for Macko - 5 minutes on the pitch and he was taking 10 or 15 seconds to get back up.

Defence lightweight.
Pack slow.

No chance against Ireland but I don’t think Ireland are as good as France that turned up today.

As for the World Cup...France get better as the competition goes down on. Theirs for the taking.

England? Way off and I suspect Borthwick will see them improve as the tournament progresses. If they get out of the group stages then they will be a serious contender. But more likely they won’t and, by the next 6N will be back to being a serious team.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I think Borthwick is going to have an extremely difficult job to find 23 English players who can compete with the world sides at the moment, their play is far superior to our England style, our clubs can compete at club level because we fill our sides with star players from abroad, but not the National side.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

LE18 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:45 pm I think Borthwick is going to have an extremely difficult job to find 23 English players who can compete with the world sides at the moment, their play is far superior to our England style, our clubs can compete at club level because we fill our sides with star players from abroad, but not the National side.
So do France.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

After the WC we’ve got some talent to come into the pack. Martin in the second row, Ted Hill, Tom Pearson, Zach Mercer.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Dire times. If a Lions squad was being selected today there would be maybe two England and Wales players in there (Steward and LRZ) - the rest would be Ireland and Scotland. Not often that would be the case!