2023-2024 season tickets

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: 2023-2024 season tickets

Post by WirralExile »

I haven't looked at the small print yet as regards to the renewal, but from reading the posts, if what I'm seeing is true, I'm a little surprised at the having to "opt out" of the Womens matches. As I understand it, this season, the Womens games are bundled with the Season Ticket and, especially where there is a double-header with a same date men's fixture, this would generate a reasonable crowd.
Also, I may have missed this, but will the Womens team be playing in the Women's Allianz Premier 15s next season? This appears to be the league where the likes of Sarries, Harlequins, Exeter, Sale, Bristol and other Women's team from Premiership clubs play. The Tigers Womens team have been very dominant in their games this season, although this appears to be in a lower tier, i.e. Womens Championship North. Can we assume they have achieved promotion so will be against teams from Premiership clubs next season. This may explain the pricing structure for next season.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

We are playing in the Premier 15s next season, yes.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

WirralExile wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:53 pm I haven't looked at the small print yet as regards to the renewal, but from reading the posts, if what I'm seeing is true, I'm a little surprised at the having to "opt out" of the Womens matches. As I understand it, this season, the Womens games are bundled with the Season Ticket and, especially where there is a double-header with a same date men's fixture, this would generate a reasonable crowd.
Also, I may have missed this, but will the Womens team be playing in the Women's Allianz Premier 15s next season? This appears to be the league where the likes of Sarries, Harlequins, Exeter, Sale, Bristol and other Women's team from Premiership clubs play. The Tigers Womens team have been very dominant in their games this season, although this appears to be in a lower tier, i.e. Womens Championship North. Can we assume they have achieved promotion so will be against teams from Premiership clubs next season. This may explain the pricing structure for next season.
We have been seleceted to be one of the teams in the Premier 15s next season. I assume that will demand greater spend on players etc and, in general, having to up everything a level. That would account for the additional cost. You also have to take into account our financial situation and that the womens' team is currently being funded out of existing revenue in the main so that extra charge may also free up some money for the rest of the club as a whole.

Funny thing is that this could see our womens' team having more season ticket holders than most teams in the Premiership. :smt044 :smt044
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

Thanks for confirming the promotion of the Womens team to the top tier. Certainly clarifies the season ticket pricing model now.
:smt023
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
CogGom
Tiger Cub

Post by CogGom »

It seems that while you can opt out of the women’s additional cost, you cannot opt out of the additional cost for the U18’s. While not a lot of money, where are the principals in just adding things at a cost to season tickets - what’s next programmes? Seems it’s like it or lump it
bendy

Post by bendy »

CogGom wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:10 pm you cannot opt out of the additional cost for the U18’s.
What??

Where are you seeing that your season ticket cover the U18s team?
Who are the U18s team? Where do they play - Oval Park?

I think you've got yourself a platinum season ticket there mate - you're getting more matches than the rest of us.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Presumably he means opting out of the women's surcharge for an under 18s ticket?
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
bendy

Post by bendy »

sk 88 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:24 am Presumably he means opting out of the women's surcharge for an under 18s ticket?
Which you absolutely can do.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

bendy » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:48 am

CogGom wrote: ↑Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:10 pm
you cannot opt out of the additional cost for the U18’s.
What??

Where are you seeing that your season ticket cover the U18s team?
Who are the U18s team? Where do they play - Oval Park?

"When renewing, supporters are also able to take advantage of an exclusive offer to book the Women's 23/24 Season Ticket for just £36 (Adults) and £12 (Under-18s), usually priced at £50 / £20. The Women's Season Ticket includes entry to all Premier 15s fixtures at Mattioli Woods Welford Road."

To me that says that a Womens Season Ticket is £36 for adults and £12 for Under 18s (not to watch the Under 18s). You should be able to opt out of either of the above.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

mol2 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:26 pm Personally I am not happy that they have added a charge for the ladies team.

Whilst I might be happy to pay to support the ladies team, I am unhappy it has been added in a way that means I will have to opt out.
This is moaning for the sake of moaning. It doesnt take much effort to opt out. It could easily have been the same for opting in, but the club would probably have lost out on valuable revenue because people might not have bothered to opt in. If you feel strongly about it then opting out is the better way of doing it for the club. Also its advance notification so nobody is charging you for something you dont want. As fans we should be supporting both the men's and women's teams. £36 is a small price to pay even if you just turn up to one game.
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Doghashadhisday wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:50 pm
mol2 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:26 pm Personally I am not happy that they have added a charge for the ladies team.

Whilst I might be happy to pay to support the ladies team, I am unhappy it has been added in a way that means I will have to opt out.
As fans we should be supporting both the men's and women's teams. £36 is a small price to pay even if you just turn up to one game.
Was with you until that point. Hobbies become much less fun when people start adding ‘shoulds’ into the equation. My investment, financially and otherwise, in Leicester Tigers men’s team is plenty enough. I’ve no obligation to invest further, financially or otherwise, in the women’s team/game.

No issue with tigers making it opt out, but opt out I have.
LittleBigG

Post by LittleBigG »

anz3001 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:01 pm
Doghashadhisday wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:50 pm

As fans we should be supporting both the men's and women's teams. £36 is a small price to pay even if you just turn up to one game.
Was with you until that point. Hobbies become much less fun when people start adding ‘shoulds’ into the equation. My investment, financially and otherwise, in Leicester Tigers men’s team is plenty enough. I’ve no obligation to invest further, financially or otherwise, in the women’s team/game.

No issue with tigers making it opt out, but opt out I have.
Agree 100% anz3001

I am touching the point where the matches I can attend means a men's season ticket is not viable as is (but I do so because I am lazy) so the likelihood of be me being able to attend any of the women's matches is virtually zero (unless there is a "double header" again - no additional travelling time, etc)

Having things "opt out", in my opinion, is a scummy practice as it preys on those who are vulnerable and not confident to speak out - although this, unfortunately, is something that is incredibly prevalent nowadays (not just Leicester Tigers!)

If the aim of the game was to make as much money as possible, what they should have done is make it mandatory and just increase the price of the season ticket. Or if they wanted to make it optional, require a "confirmation of direct debit" that we had to digitally "sign" with an optional, unchecked, checkbox before the "confirm button" to add the women's season ticket (add the sales pitch about it here)

As it stands, they've created an air of mistrust amongst a subsection of the fans, and have no doubt created themselves a mammoth admin task amending a load of direct debit mandates