6 Nations 2023

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 6 Nations 2023

Post by KiwiTig »

Tigers D has been better than ever in the last 2 games !
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

KiwiTig wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:13 pm Tigers D has been better than ever in the last 2 games !
Matt Everard take a bow :smt023
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

My criticism of JVP was more about him not being subbed as he fatigued.

I would say one thing of Jones, he was prepared to take players off when they were misfiring (except Farrell and possibly Macko)
Malins did a few flash things but coughed the ball up and then gifted a try. What’s the point of having Arundell on the bench if you don’t use him when one of the wingers is not playing well.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Farrell is to comfortable and knows SB will pick him whatever, he is so over rated, it is unbelievable he has racked up so many caps when he has nothing exceptional to his game. And now his goal kicking has gone to pot he looks even more inept. For me Fordy has to be injected into the 10 spot when up and running and match fit. He can run a game and offers some flair and imagination.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Why did Genge go off early again? Never looked like he dropped off,Mako didn't do much when he came on either
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:40 am Why did Genge go off early again? Never looked like he dropped off,Mako didn't do much when he came on either
He never does. Another Saracen who seems to keep his place regardless of form or ability.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

baz1664 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:19 am Farrell is to comfortable and knows SB will pick him whatever, he is so over rated, it is unbelievable he has racked up so many caps when he has nothing exceptional to his game. And now his goal kicking has gone to pot he looks even more inept. For me Fordy has to be injected into the 10 spot when up and running and match fit. He can run a game and offers some flair and imagination.
Really surprises me because when SB was here at Tigers he picked on form! I wonder if there is undue pressure on him from above? If that is the case (almost certainly unprovable, and idle speculation by me) then it surprises me even more that SB took the job!
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:40 am Why did Genge go off early again? Never looked like he dropped off,Mako didn't do much when he came on either
I think the ref was starting to watch his side of the scrum and ping him, rightly or wrongly. Other than that, no idea, I'd rather have Genge on than Mako.
Last edited by ads on Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

I can see why Borthwick picks Farrell, not based on Farrell but based on him as a coach. He's pretty conservative so is going for the 'solid' option, but I think the fact he brought Ford straight back into the training squad should give Farrell a kick up the :censored:.

I'd rather see Ford at 10, or give Smith a go with the centres they had yesterday.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

10 seconds for Smith was a joke,felt bad for him! Even with the game won v Italy he still moved Farrell to 12 instead of giving him a run. Is this gonna be the norm from now on?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Baz

Post by Baz »

Why Mitchell; have never rated him. He brought nothing special. Randall has proved to be more creative and exciting for England. If Lenny can keep his passes up, would rather see him on the bench than Mitchell.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Baz wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:02 am Why Mitchell; have never rated him. He brought nothing special. Randall has proved to be more creative and exciting for England. If Lenny can keep his passes up, would rather see him on the bench than Mitchell.
I thought Mitchell speeded our game up when he came on tbf
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

ads wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:11 am I can see why Borthwick picks Farrell, not based on Farrell but based on him as a coach. He's pretty conservative so is going for the 'solid' option, but I think the fact he brought Ford straight back into the training squad should give Farrell a kick up the :censored:.

I'd rather see Ford at 10, or give Smith a go with the centres they had yesterday.
I think a conservative top notch fly half would be someone like Sexton/Pollard etc. Nothing overly flashy put able to control games, a top notch kicking game, solid in defence and able to pull out a master stroke when needed, and is able to motivate his team due to have a tactically elite rugby brain.

Breaking down Farrells game, can’t tackle properly and should have been sent off or cited far more than he has. His out of hand kicking game is panicked and generally hope for the best. His off the tee kicking which was once his only positive is now shabby. His interviews after the game show his level of bizarreness at times. As for pulling out master strokes I can’t remember many. In 20 years time will he be remembered like Wilkinson or any other of the best ever fit half’s I think not.

He is lucky he played his rugby in a Sarries team that had a world class pack and fantastic backs that gave him generally front foot ball.

I just hope SB isn’t picking him because he is his mate and he gets on with his dad. Because I don’t see what he offers England like Finn Russell offers Scotland and what Sexton offers Ireland.

GF has to be given the nod to show why he needs to make the England 10 shirt his own for the World Cup.
Baz

Post by Baz »

Re-Mitchell; almost anyone fresh would have speed things up, but he's not unpredictable or especially creative.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

I was surprised and disappointed by the way Smith, Walker and Arundel were introduced with literally seconds remaining. I’m sure I have heard that caps must be earned, but introducing the players so late in the game when it was effectively over smacks of tokenism. I also really cannot see why Mako keeps getting selected either. Genge was doing well in the open and the scrum was evenly matched yet he was taken 10 minutes earlier than when Sinkler was replaced. I really don’t think Mako and even our Dan are ever going to take the game up a level at this stage of their careers and they just don’t work effectively enough as replacements at international level. Fine if you want to steady up a game and close it down but international rugby is so close and replacements need to inject something more to the game in my opinion.