6 Nations 2023

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 6 Nations 2023

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Resolved everyday of the week. The WRU will never not concede and lose points, pride and cash.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... e-26299019

Meeting supposedly has just started a few min ago.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Apparently the meeting has now finished so we should start hearing things soon.

Nigel Walker left the room and told reporters that there was "no deal yet".

He will be returning from a scheduled WRU Board meeting to meet with Ken Owens and WRPA chief Gareth Lewis to decide if the game happens.

Sounds like it is going to the wire.
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

The game is on!
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Wow what a surprise.
A2O
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Italy v Ireland

Italy XV: A Capuozzo (Toulouse); E Padovani (Benetton), J Ignacio Brex (Benetton), T Menoncello (Benetton), P Bruno (Zebre); P Garbisi (Montpellier), S Varney (Gloucester); D Fischetti (London Irish), G Nicotera (Benetton), S Ferrari (Benetton), N Cannone (Benetton), F Ruzza (Benetton), S Negri (Benetton), M Lamaro (Benetton, capt), L Cannone (Benetton).

Replacements: L Bigi (Zebre), F Zani (Benetton), M Riccioni (Saracens), E Iachizzi (Vannes), G Pettinelli (Benetton), A Fusco (Zebre), L Morisi (London Irish), T Allan (Harlequins).
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wales: Halfpenny; Adams, Grady, Hawkins, Rees-Zammit; O Williams, T Williams; G Thomas, Owens (capt), Francis, Beard, AW Jones, Tshiunza, Tipuric, Faletau.

Replacements: Roberts, Carre, Lewis, Jenkins, Reffell, Hardy, Biggar, Tompkins
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Ireland: Keenan; Hansen, Ringrose, Aki, Lowe; R Byrne, Casey; Porter, Kelleher, Bealham; Henderson, Ryan (capt); Doris, Van der Flier, Conan.

Replacements: D Sheehan, Kilcoyne, O'Toole, Baird, O'Mahony, Murray, Crowley, McCloskey.
Jacko27

Post by Jacko27 »

Some surprising (for me) selections in Welsh team - particularly from the Leicester perspective - Owen Williams playing but Tommy Reffell on the bench
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

I get the impression Gatland is trying to work out who might be good enough and how he gets 15 players to play a coherent style of rugby so it’s a bit suck it and see for the moment.

He certainly doesn’t have the quality of players he had at his disposal to play WarrenBall - no big crash ball centre and not that many big carriers in general.

The players he did have playing his style back 3-4 years ago have largely had old Father Time catch up with them so he’s a left scratching his head a bit
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:49 pm I get the impression Gatland is trying to work out who might be good enough and how he gets 15 players to play a coherent style of rugby so it’s a bit suck it and see for the moment.

He certainly doesn’t have the quality of players he had at his disposal to play WarrenBall - no big crash ball centre and not that many big carriers in general.

The players he did have playing his style back 3-4 years ago have largely had old Father Time catch up with them so he’s a left scratching his head a bit
I’d still pick JD2 ,unless he retired himself from international rugby. Not sure
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Well I think it’ll be a better team with Owen Williams than with Biggar, who must be just about the Most overrated fly half ever. This season however he has surpassed himself in how poor he has been, and his behaviour to younger players who one assumes look up to him was nothing short of disgraceful
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

mightymouse wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:04 pm Well I think it’ll be a better team with Owen Williams than with Biggar, who must be just about the Most overrated fly half ever. This season however he has surpassed himself in how poor he has been, and his behaviour to younger players who one assumes look up to him was nothing short of disgraceful
I don’t like his ****housery but I do think Biggar is a good player - I’d rather have him than OW tbh

That said, Gatland needs options and there aren’t many to choose from at the moment
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:58 pm
DeadlyDunc wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:49 pm I get the impression Gatland is trying to work out who might be good enough and how he gets 15 players to play a coherent style of rugby so it’s a bit suck it and see for the moment.

I’d still pick JD2 ,unless he retired himself from international rugby. Not sure
Think he is injured at the moment, but he really is slow of leg these days...still wonderfully talented though.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:58 pm

He’s 34 so past his prime - not certain he’s retired but it would be a case of looking back not forward if he was brought back in IMO