Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Other games - 17th-19th February 2023

Post by Tigers86asw »

chris111 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:56 pm
Tigers86asw wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:53 pm What on earth is the TMO doing in the saints game? Why no penalty or yellow at the restart
No penalty because the offences took place before the try, no yellows because the referee said so. Not sure why you’re calling out the TMO.
A late no arms tackle is a yellow isn’t it? I understand about the penalty at the restart if it was before the try was scored-
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Stains got the benefit of some very dodgy refereeing today. The forward pass before the fourth try was plain to see
and the dozey TMO dismissed it. Then Healy , having called it, dismissed it..Wiese's yellow card wasn't even a penalty
Sanderson doing all he could to keep his disgust in check at the end.
However, full marks for the feed to the second row. A pity he didn't apply that evenly for the rest of the game.
A life long Tiger
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Both teams got poor decisions from both the ref and the TMO. Praise the ref for penalising the feed but why did he stop doing it? IMHO Manu should get at least 6 weeks - he has a lot of past history so I don't see how any mitigation can be applied. I am sure that in the past he has done all the "corrective courses" available and sorry, I do think it was deliberate but without malice. We have all cheered him when he has gone wham bang into the opposition but times have changed and Manu hasn't. Did he try to hurt him - NO - I just don't think it was anything other than the way he has played for years and in the heat of the battle it was his natural reaction to clearing out of his way an opponent. His past history will certainly count against him - 10-week ban was reduced to 5 for punching Chris Aston, 5 weeks for a no-arms on Geoge North which he actually didn't have to serve due to covid and I will not mention other issues off the pitch. Is he a dangerous player to have on your side? - of course, he is - but he has to change and I am not sure that he can.
Hehehehehehehehe
nicmattyg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by nicmattyg »

Retiredseven wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:04 pm
RunTigerRun wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:27 pm

Looking at this, how we lost to Saints I have no idea…
I was at Brentford for London Irish vs Saints in the cup last week.. considering Saints put out a very similar team to the one that beat us, i couldn't figure that out either.
Because we really aren’t very good at all this season. Those losses to Exeter, Bath, saints, ospreys, were all very winnable games. In fact, we should’ve won them.

I still can’t believe we got hammered two weeks in a row up at sale then falcons!

Unfortunately this is a season to chalk off until we get in a proper head coach/coaching team for next season.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

trendylfj wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:52 am Both teams got poor decisions from both the ref and the TMO. Praise the ref for penalising the feed but why did he stop doing it? IMHO Manu should get at least 6 weeks - he has a lot of past history so I don't see how any mitigation can be applied. I am sure that in the past he has done all the "corrective courses" available and sorry, I do think it was deliberate but without malice. We have all cheered him when he has gone wham bang into the opposition but times have changed and Manu hasn't. Did he try to hurt him - NO - I just don't think it was anything other than the way he has played for years and in the heat of the battle it was his natural reaction to clearing out of his way an opponent. His past history will certainly count against him - 10-week ban was reduced to 5 for punching Chris Aston, 5 weeks for a no-arms on Geoge North which he actually didn't have to serve due to covid and I will not mention other issues off the pitch. Is he a dangerous player to have on your side? - of course, he is - but he has to change and I am not sure that he can.
You couldn’t throw an elbow like that deliberately without malice! At that speed,just no! He’s fended like that his whole career,sometimes with 2 arms on the ball and he uses a bounce. It’s wired in to some carriers. Come on now ,if it’s deliberate i know guys in Thailand who would’ve been proud of it! It’s a fend that’s gone wrong ,but if you’re right then Manu should get on the phone to the UFC Dana White because it was thrown in a millisecond with elite precision and when he retires from rugby he’s found a calling!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

nicmattyg wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:55 am
Retiredseven wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:04 pm
RunTigerRun wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:27 pm

Looking at this, how we lost to Saints I have no idea…
I was at Brentford for London Irish vs Saints in the cup last week.. considering Saints put out a very similar team to the one that beat us, i couldn't figure that out either.
Because we really aren’t very good at all this season. Those losses to Exeter, Bath, saints, ospreys, were all very winnable games. In fact, we should’ve won them.

I still can’t believe we got hammered two weeks in a row up at sale then falcons!

Unfortunately this is a season to chalk off until we get in a proper head coach/coaching team for next season.
We could lose the next 2 as well and then that could be 7 losses out of 8 and we will be calling for Murphy or MOC to save us :smt005
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:58 am
trendylfj wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:52 am Both teams got poor decisions from both the ref and the TMO. Praise the ref for penalising the feed but why did he stop doing it? IMHO Manu should get at least 6 weeks - he has a lot of past history so I don't see how any mitigation can be applied. I am sure that in the past he has done all the "corrective courses" available and sorry, I do think it was deliberate but without malice. We have all cheered him when he has gone wham bang into the opposition but times have changed and Manu hasn't. Did he try to hurt him - NO - I just don't think it was anything other than the way he has played for years and in the heat of the battle it was his natural reaction to clearing out of his way an opponent. His past history will certainly count against him - 10-week ban was reduced to 5 for punching Chris Aston, 5 weeks for a no-arms on Geoge North which he actually didn't have to serve due to covid and I will not mention other issues off the pitch. Is he a dangerous player to have on your side? - of course, he is - but he has to change and I am not sure that he can.
You couldn’t throw an elbow like that deliberately without malice! At that speed,just no! He’s fended like that his whole career,sometimes with 2 arms on the ball and he uses a bounce. It’s wired in to some carriers. Come on now ,if it’s deliberate i know guys in Thailand who would’ve been proud of it! It’s a fend that’s gone wrong ,but if you’re right then Manu should get on the phone to the UFC Dana White because it was thrown in a millisecond with elite precision and when he retires from rugby he’s found a calling!
Thanks, Scott - I have just won my mortgage as I was sure that you would come back on me. I used the word "malice" after looking up the definition which is in Law. "The evil intent on the part of a person who commits a wrongful act injurious to others" and I don't believe Manu has "evil intent". If we believe that, then the sooner he is thrown out of the game the better. I just believe it is the way he has played all of his life and to a greater or lesser degree, and we have reinforced it by cheering him on every time he has battered an opponent. He has to realise that the game has changed and he has to too
Hehehehehehehehe
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

trendylfj wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:16 am
Thanks, Scott - I have just won my mortgage as I was sure that you would come back on me. I used the word "malice" after looking up the definition which is in Law. "The evil intent on the part of a person who commits a wrongful act injurious to others" and I don't believe Manu has "evil intent". If we believe that, then the sooner he is thrown out of the game the better. I just believe it is the way he has played all of his life and to a greater or lesser degree, and we have reinforced it by cheering him on every time he has battered an opponent. He has to realise that the game has changed and he has to too
Yes,I think that's his problem. It's wired into him that much now that it's hard to change. That's exactly why I believe that this below the waist tackle initiative is doomed to fail too
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Cast iron guarantee Trendylfj
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

LE18 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:09 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:58 am You couldn’t throw an elbow like that deliberately without malice! At that speed,just no! He’s fended like that his whole career,sometimes with 2 arms on the ball and he uses a bounce. It’s wired in to some carriers. Come on now ,if it’s deliberate i know guys in Thailand who would’ve been proud of it! It’s a fend that’s gone wrong ,but if you’re right then Manu should get on the phone to the UFC Dana White because it was thrown in a millisecond with elite precision and when he retires from rugby he’s found a calling!
Cast iron guarantee Trendylfj
hadn't seen your reply but guessed what you were talking about when you asked about my mortgage - great win
Hehehehehehehehe
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I've read Mercer was in a sickening head clash the weekend and away admitted to hospital,let's hope he's OK!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

4 game ban for Manu
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Sale centre Manu Tuilagi has been hit with a four-game ban for foul play in Saturday's loss to Northampton but could still be available for England's final Six Nations game against Ireland.

Tuilagi, 31, was given the suspension for an elbow to the head of Saints' Tommy Freeman at a citing hearing.

The ban will be cut to three games if he attends a World Rugby coaching workshop to improve tackle technique.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Bobmac
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Bobmac »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:29 pm Sale centre Manu Tuilagi has been hit with a four-game ban for foul play in Saturday's loss to Northampton but could still be available for England's final Six Nations game against Ireland.

Tuilagi, 31, was given the suspension for an elbow to the head of Saints' Tommy Freeman at a citing hearing.

The ban will be cut to three games if he attends a World Rugby coaching workshop to improve tackle technique.
Strange as he was the person being tackled!!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yeah,should be going to fend school!