Dan McKellar to join Leicester Tigers as Head Coach

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Re: Who should be the next Head Coach / DoR at Tigers?

Post by Robespierre »

ay2oh wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:40 am Reading Andrea’s notes in the programme it sounds like we have recruited whoever it is and are just awaiting an official announcement .
Hope it’s soon and that he’s not South African.
Semper in excretia
TigerXV

Post by TigerXV »

ay2oh wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:40 am Reading Andrea’s notes in the programme it sounds like we have recruited whoever it is and are just awaiting an official announcement .
didn't buy a program - any chance of seeing the article?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Excellent news. Let's hope Andrea is now putting the finishing touches on the backroom staff so they can all be announced together. Between this and the share issue she's certainly earning her salary.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:01 am
Hope it’s soon and that he’s not South African.
+1
Soggypitch
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

TigerXV wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:49 am
If you go on the unoffy site there’s a excerpt from the programme.
A2O
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

ay2oh wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:59 pm
You got a link
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
ancientmariner

Post by ancientmariner »

Excellent news. Let's hope Andrea is now putting the finishing touches on the backroom staff so they can all be announced together. Between this and the share issue she's certainly earning her salary.
[/quote]

.......and it's a large salary too considering that in corporate terms Tigers is quite a small operation.
Ancient Mariner
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:05 pm

You got a link
Maybe this: https://m.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/ ... 6,17314758
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

For one reason or another, Andrea is not popular with certain posters on the unoffy
TigerXV

Post by TigerXV »

thanks for the heads up - that quick visit to the unoffy reminded me why I gave up on it some years ago.....
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

An unsubstantiated rumour, but according to French website Midi Olympique, Vern Cotter has turned down an offer from Leicester Tigers. I tried to cut and paste on my phone, but failed miserably. I’ll seek help from my 9-year-old granddaughter!
Semper in excretia
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I think Andrea has done really well since taking the role.

There has been one misstep which is a quite bad one, the partnership with the cryptocurrency. Though even that in the light of the financial situation is more understandable, or at least undestandable why we'renot buying our way out of it (still a clear mistake)

She deserves a fair bit of the plaudits with our recovery from bottom of the league.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:18 pm An unsubstantiated rumour, but according to French website Midi Olympique, Vern Cotter has turned down an offer from Leicester Tigers. I tried to cut and paste on my phone, but failed miserably. I’ll seek help from my 9-year-old granddaughter!
https://www.midi-olympique.fr/2023/02/2 ... 011637.php

Here you go found it for you
Leicester > Cotter reportedly turned down Leicester's offer
While he left his post as Fiji coach in early February, the name of Vern Cotter has come up regularly on the market in recent weeks. He would notably have been Leicester's number one choice for the coming season, the Tigers having seen Steve Borthwick recently take charge of the English national team. But, according to our information, the New Zealand technician would have rejected the advances of the English club. Cotter, who officiated in Clermont, Montpellier and in Scotland (coach), could favor a return to France. His name had notably circulated in Bordeaux, before Laurent Marti made Yannick Bru his priority. It is also mentioned in Perpignan more recently, where many CVs are being studied.

Vern Cotter left the Fijian selection abruptly.Vern Cotter left the Fijian selection abruptly. Icon Sports - PA Images
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:22 pm
Robespierre wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:18 pm An unsubstantiated rumour, but according to French website Midi Olympique, Vern Cotter has turned down an offer from Leicester Tigers. I tried to cut and paste on my phone, but failed miserably. I’ll seek help from my 9-year-old granddaughter!
https://www.midi-olympique.fr/2023/02/2 ... 011637.php

Here you go found it for you
Leicester > Cotter reportedly turned down Leicester's offer
While he left his post as Fiji coach in early February, the name of Vern Cotter has come up regularly on the market in recent weeks. He would notably have been Leicester's number one choice for the coming season, the Tigers having seen Steve Borthwick recently take charge of the English national team. But, according to our information, the New Zealand technician would have rejected the advances of the English club. Cotter, who officiated in Clermont, Montpellier and in Scotland (coach), could favor a return to France. His name had notably circulated in Bordeaux, before Laurent Marti made Yannick Bru his priority. It is also mentioned in Perpignan more recently, where many CVs are being studied.

Vern Cotter left the Fijian selection abruptly.Vern Cotter left the Fijian selection abruptly. Icon Sports - PA Images
👍
Semper in excretia
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Having announced Townsend is being replaced as the Scotland coach by a Kiwi it would seem he is therefore available for us.
I may be putting two and two together but it's looking likely from where I'm standing. The poll at the top of this thread has him as the overwhelming first choice of the small group of us who post on here.
His moving expenses shouldn't be anything like the SH candidates!!
A life long Tiger