Tigers v Saints (H) - Saturday 28th January 2023 - KO 14:00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Saints (H) - Saturday 28th January 2023 - KO 14:00

Post by Scott1 »

ads wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:09 pm I mean I wasn't entirely being serious, when I said he was only :censored: because it was Wiese.

There isn't only A&B though. Waller was wound up as they were losing, at that point we were on top and it looked like we might get a good win. I reckon he lost the plot and just went over the top. He probably wasn't expecting Weise to offer to shake his hand and petulantly refused.

Fact is he carried on playing with no issues whatsoever. So I'm not sure what Weise could actually get cited for?
So it’s on Waller then? That’s all I was asking,it’s one or the other. Tells us a lot about Waller if he has fabricated it
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Again, you seem to assume it has to be either Weise was trying to break Waller's leg or Waller is lying.

Waller could just have got it wrong in the heat of the moment, lashed out, had a scrap with Weise and then couldn't back down.

I reckon we've all been in positions where we don't want to back down from an argument....
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ads wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:51 pm Again, you seem to assume it has to be either Weise was trying to break Waller's leg or Waller is lying.

Waller could just have got it wrong in the heat of the moment, lashed out had a scrap with Weise and then couldn't back down.
Either way you’re saying it’s on Waller then? Weise should expect an apology then hopefully,no need for that in our game! Very serious accusation that!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Just seen this clip ,watch at the very end. Looks like he’s hanging on then goes back in for a twist. It’s the last I’ll say on it but doesn’t look good for me, but he’s got away with it and hey ho
https://twitter.com/richardlindsley/sta ... 0133557254
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Does it have to be black or white?

Perhaps grey is also available...
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:57 pm Does it have to be black or white?

Perhaps grey is also available...
Watch the link I’ve just put up,he twists his ankle at the end,one million %! If people can’t,or won’t see it,then that’s on them! It can’t be any more blatant tbh
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:53 pm
ads wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:51 pm Again, you seem to assume it has to be either Weise was trying to break Waller's leg or Waller is lying.

Waller could just have got it wrong in the heat of the moment, lashed out had a scrap with Weise and then couldn't back down.
Either way you’re saying it’s on Waller then? Weise should expect an apology then hopefully,no need for that in our game! Very serious accusation that!
No, I'm just saying its not as cut and shut as some seem to think it is. Things rarely are.

Also, If any of our players did something deliberately to try and inflict serious harm on another player, I would hope we would sack them.
Last edited by ads on Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

ads wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:00 pm

No, I'm just saying its not as cut and shut as some seem to think it is. Things rarely are.

Also, If any of our players did something deliberately to try and inflict serious harm on another player, I would hope we would sack them.
That does not look good. Whether he was trying to inflict injury or not himself, he must be alive to the fact that other players joining the tackle will be increasing the likelihood of injury as he anchors the leg. Very lucky there wasnt a serious injury.
Bge3095

Post by Bge3095 »

:smt022
BigDan50 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:55 pm Professional rugby players know when they are being held fairly and they know when someone is trying to do them damage. Wallers reaction at the time and his refusal to shake hands with Weise after the game speaks volumes.
I say again it was thuggery by Weise and I’m ashamed he plays for us.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Lots of complaints around our kicking in this game, wasn't the area that frustrated me (lack of options for the playmaker, again, got my goat).

Here's Squidge Rugby's guide to kicking

https://youtu.be/1mHrT62VzM0
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Tykger wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:50 pm

That does not look good. Whether he was trying to inflict injury or not himself, he must be alive to the fact that other players joining the tackle will be increasing the likelihood of injury as he anchors the leg. Very lucky there wasnt a serious injury.
You could say that about multiples factors in the game. He's perfectly entitled to hold Waller's leg until "tackle" is called.

Also, for everyone say Wiese is manipulating Waller's foot, we have no idea of what muscle movements either player was making.
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Surely all he was doing was tackling below the waist?

As for those inferring 'Thuggery' didn't they kill lonely travellers by strangulation. A bit OTT for hanging onto a leg.
Carry on with this dramatic 'journalism' and we'll end up with professional tag rugby and wingeing players like soccer.
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:46 pm

You could say that about multiples factors in the game. He's perfectly entitled to hold Waller's leg until "tackle" is called.

Also, for everyone say Wiese is manipulating Waller's foot, we have no idea of what muscle movements either player was making.
That's a very good point, some of the more harrowing images we sometimes see (for me) are around trapped leg injuries rather than head injuries. But as Wayne Barnes was saying the other night, we have to balance safety with protecting the fabric of the game. What we never see of course is what is going on between the players ears. Difficult. We do see players getting back up when allegedly 'not held' which can be frustrating. Hmmmm. Difficult
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Tykger wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:07 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:46 pm

That's a very good point, some of the more harrowing images we sometimes see (for me) are around trapped leg injuries rather than head injuries. But as Wayne Barnes was saying the other night, we have to balance safety with protecting the fabric of the game. What we never see of course is what is going on between the players ears. Difficult. We do see players getting back up when allegedly 'not held' which can be frustrating. Hmmmm. Difficult
Exactly that (although why BT ended up showing Adma Coleman dislocating his shoulder on Sunday I don't know...).

But what it can't be is guesswork because "it looked like" someone was doing something. Obviously blatant events (Clark v Hawkins) or gouging/hands on the face are easier to police.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Suppose Waller now knows what it's like to get his leg trapped in a Wiese.... I'll get my coat :smt044 :smt044