Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Farmboy

Re: Womens Team

Post by Farmboy »

Darc Tiger wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:57 pm
Farmboy wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:54 pm
Darc Tiger wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:42 pm

I think it's because they've had 2 walkovers. Probably hasn't been logged as a try bonus, but awarded 5 points.
Thanks. Strange that there is an odd number of draws in the table
There's 10 teams in the full table, and it does even out.
Thank you
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Apparently Loughborough were bolstered by some BUCS ringers, which might explain why they've given us some trouble.
Tiggywoowoo

Post by Tiggywoowoo »

Big thanks to Darc Tiger for the updates here. Keep them coming please. I live away but BIG follower.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Tiggywoowoo wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:15 pm Big thanks to Darc Tiger for the updates here. Keep them coming please. I live away but BIG follower.
My pleasure. This is a project a club of our stature should have pursued a long time ago, and I think this is just a tiny way I can help it succeed.

Huge credit to Vicky, Andrea and Co for rapidly making up for lost time, and the squad who have absolutely smashed it this year. Still lots to do before we're ready for a much bigger challenge next season.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Does anyone else dislike the format of the match report on the website? I don't know who's written it, but it should be a report. It reads as if it's trying to be a real-time, present tense narrative, with a bit of past tense slipping in there. It's almost like a work-experience student has been trigger happy with the "publish" button.

Are the club missing Gary Sherrard''s guiding touch already?
TigerXV

Post by TigerXV »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:05 pm Does anyone else dislike the format of the match report on the website? I don't know who's written it, but it should be a report. It reads as if it's trying to be a real-time, present tense narrative, with a bit of past tense slipping in there. It's almost like a work-experience student has been trigger happy with the "publish" button.

There may be a few tenses jumping around which could have been corrected by proof reading but I find the real-time narrative style pleasantly engaging and different to the norm and would like whoever it is to continue as they learn the craft. I really like the way lots of players are mentioned, not just the try scorers which helps to get names and positions they play into my head. Thumbs up from me!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TigerXV wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:28 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:05 pm Does anyone else dislike the format of the match report on the website? I don't know who's written it, but it should be a report. It reads as if it's trying to be a real-time, present tense narrative, with a bit of past tense slipping in there. It's almost like a work-experience student has been trigger happy with the "publish" button.

There may be a few tenses jumping around which could have been corrected by proof reading but I find the real-time narrative style pleasantly engaging and different to the norm and would like whoever it is to continue as they learn the craft. I really like the way lots of players are mentioned, not just the try scorers which helps to get names and positions they play into my head. Thumbs up from me!
Yeah, I get it. I just like the present tense in a report I guess. It could still have the same effect without it. :smt001
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

We get a week off this weekend, but next Sunday we return to Welford Road for the first time in 3 months for a match against Novocastrians.

With the extended break the men's side is having, it'd be great if we could get a good turnout for this one. Novos could be 3rd in the table with their games in hand, so should provide a decent match-up.

Season ticket holders can now just turn up with their cards for free entry.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

I will be there.
A2O
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Interesting to see new signings being announced today. 3 players with Premier 15s experience too.

Next year’s squad starting to take shape.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:45 pm Interesting to see new signings being announced today. 3 players with Premier 15s experience too.

Next year’s squad starting to take shape.
Three of them (Nye, Daley and Fray) have already played a few games for us, and three of them (Fray, Mills and Bradley) have played against us for Loughborough Town!

Just Nye and Bradley who have top flight experience, but its recent experience. Bradley should be a handy pickup at this stage, as we should be looking to develop our setpiece ahead of next season.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Can season ticket holders sit anywhere or do we have to sit in our usual seats ?
A2O
bendy

Post by bendy »

ay2oh wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:57 am Can season ticket holders sit anywhere or do we have to sit in our usual seats ?

Only certain sections of the ground will be open, so there's no seat allocation.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

bendy wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:03 am
ay2oh wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:57 am Can season ticket holders sit anywhere or do we have to sit in our usual seats ?

Only certain sections of the ground will be open, so there's no seat allocation.
Thanks.
A2O
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Strong side lining up for us tomorrow (1pm).

Our pack is bolstered by the debut of Lightning forward Georgia Bradley. Nye and Relf are retained as the halfbacks, joined by Abi Gordon at 12, who earns a first start for a couple of months. Leilah Mills is set to make her debut from the bench.