Edinburgh match.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Edinburgh match.

Post by biffer »

Will be travelling down from Edinburgh for this one, first time at Welford road in 9 or 10 years I think. Looking forward to it.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

biffer wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:25 am Will be travelling down from Edinburgh for this one, first time at Welford road in 9 or 10 years I think. Looking forward to it.
You will be welcome in every part of the ground and it has certainly changed in the last 10 years but the Crumbie is still the Crumbie
Hehehehehehehehe
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

trendylfj wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:39 pm
biffer wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:25 am Will be travelling down from Edinburgh for this one, first time at Welford road in 9 or 10 years I think. Looking forward to it.
You will be welcome in every part of the ground and it has certainly changed in the last 10 years but the Crumbie is still the Crumbie
I've already asked Edinburgh to make sure there are terracing tickets in any allocation and I'm looking forward to a few in the ABC.

I'm expecting a warm reception purely for beating Saracens :smt003
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Friday 31st March, 8pm KO.

Ah well, money staying in bank.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Lest we forget, the Glasgow Warriors heineken cup massacre. The worst Tigers evening performance burnt firmly in my Tigers memory
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
CogGom
Tiger Cub

Post by CogGom »

As a season ticket holder I fully understand the need to purchase a ticket for this game and haven’t got a problem with that. What I have a problem with is a nice little booking fee commission of £2. So say 20k attending, nice little 40k in the coffers for doing nothing, bet Edinburgh don’t get a split of that
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

CogGom wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:20 am As a season ticket holder I fully understand the need to purchase a ticket for this game and haven’t got a problem with that. What I have a problem with is a nice little booking fee commission of £2. So say 20k attending, nice little 40k in the coffers for doing nothing, bet Edinburgh don’t get a split of that
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:22 am
CogGom wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:20 am As a season ticket holder I fully understand the need to purchase a ticket for this game and haven’t got a problem with that. What I have a problem with is a nice little booking fee commission of £2. So say 20k attending, nice little 40k in the coffers for doing nothing, bet Edinburgh don’t get a split of that
Order all your tickets for your mates at once, only pay £2 so your maths don't add up.
TigerintheCatStand
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TigerintheCatStand »

Personally the club have messed up here; maybe not the decision but the way it has been handled. The explanation on Chris's email was logical but the communication needed to be done ages earlier. It really does look like the club is taking the paying punters for granted IMO.

When you consider the value offered by the season ticket:

2 less competitive games
only having our England players available for one home Prem game before Christmas eve
having the coaching team ripped apart before Christmas

the season has been a slog so far. None of the above may be the club's fault but when renewals come round maybe I'll pick and chose which games I go to rather than signing up for them all. The leadership of the club has been magnificent over the last few seasons but they needed to be on the front foot here acknowledging the above and recognising that it's the season ticket holders footing most of the bill with little to show for it.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Thankfully the train strikes have been cancelled which makes our journey back a lot easier! Internationals back, Darcy Graham back from injury, we should have a full strength team for this.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

This is a hard one to predict. I do think one or two may be rested, certainly in positions that are possibly our biggest injury concerns (lock & centre)

Although Porter doesn't sound serious if he's not 100% I doubt he'll be risked...

Brown
Potter
Cokanasiga
Gopperth
Simmons
Atkinson
Van Poortvliet
Cronin
Clare
Cole
Henderson
Snyman
Liebenberg
Reffell
Cracknell

Dolly
West
Heyes
Manz
Illione
Youngs
Pollard
Watson
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

All depends if Wiggie prioritises the Premiership or the Champions Cup. Don’t know but suspect we might think we have more chance of winning the premiership .
A2O
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I think and hope that we will go all guns blazing for this home game and then should we beat a team containing half the Scottish national side rotate for the trip to Ireland.

West
Montoya
Cole
Martin
Henderson
Liebenberg
Reffell
Wiese
Youngs
Pollard
Watson
Gopperth
Porter
Potter
Steward

Claire
Cronin
Heyes
Snyman
Cracknell
JVP
Atkinson
Brown
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:12 am This is a hard one to predict. I do think one or two may be rested, certainly in positions that are possibly our biggest injury concerns (lock & centre)

Although Porter doesn't sound serious if he's not 100% I doubt he'll be risked...

Brown
Potter
Cokanasiga
Gopperth
Simmons
Atkinson
Van Poortvliet
Cronin
Clare
Cole
Henderson
Snyman
Liebenberg
Reffell
Cracknell

Dolly
West
Heyes
Manz
Illione
Youngs
Pollard
Watson
Thats not the side I hope to be watching. :smt017
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I'd be concentrating on the league, but we have this conversation every year and we never take a backwards step, so expect a full strength side.
If there are any England players required to miss a game, then this is the one to rest them.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.