Tigers post Borthwick - next Head Coach?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers post Borthwick - next Head Coach?

Post by sapajo »

Qbec wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:31 am Is it also likely that the Wigglesworth is only intrim head coach in that he along with AW is also leaving at the end of this season to join SB & KS at england & that the club already know that.
What coaching role has WW excelled in to qualify him to perform for England?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

sapajo wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:34 am
Qbec wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:31 am Is it also likely that the Wigglesworth is only intrim head coach in that he along with AW is also leaving at the end of this season to join SB & KS at england & that the club already know that.
What coaching role has WW excelled in to qualify him to perform for England?
What coaching role has WW excelled in to qualify him to perform for Tigers?

I definitely don't believe he is "likely" to go to England.
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

Well as it seems that SB has already stated he wants to get both men with him at the england set up, So as to wether WW has excelled in to qualify him to perform for England? has no bearing on it if thats what SB wants.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I think it's very likely.
Borthwick clearly rates him.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

I wouldn't be against it though, it would be better for Tigers to have a more qualified and experienced head coach with new ideas. We have been a little one dimensional, IMHO, and teams have learnt how to get around our defence and attack.
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

with all in mind I will repeat what I said yesterday "any replacements to the above will likely not occur until end of this season but most likely after the world cup so 2 seasons."
Those being this season & next, from what I can see right now we are right back to where we were before SB arrived with searches going on around the world for the Best availble people, meanwhile players due to have contracts renewed or indeed players we may have been looking to bringing in may well be put on hold by us or they may well be having 2nd thoughts.

£1m is not going to cut it if that was indeed the figure we got from the RFU, because no matter how you look at this, the heart has been ripped out of the club.
I am not saying SB & KS have done us over by leaving because we all expected it indeed the club were planning for it.But Not Now!! The trouble being the RFU got wiggly bums & sacked EJ.
I feel we would have been right to say you are contracted to the end of this season or whenever as i think it was for longer & The TIGERS come first not england, I have supported my club for many years & always will but this stinks & I will never forget who/how this has come about through no fault of 22k+ supporters of this great club.
If this upsets anyone so be it, but I am really angry at what has come about here.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Qbec wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:12 pm with all in mind I will repeat what I said yesterday "any replacements to the above will likely not occur until end of this season but most likely after the world cup so 2 seasons."
Those being this season & next, from what I can see right now we are right back to where we were before SB arrived with searches going on around the world for the Best availble people, meanwhile players due to have contracts renewed or indeed players we may have been looking to bringing in may well be put on hold by us or they may well be having 2nd thoughts.

£1m is not going to cut it if that was indeed the figure we got from the RFU, because no matter how you look at this, the heart has been ripped out of the club.
I am not saying SB & KS have done us over by leaving because we all expected it indeed the club were planning for it.But Not Now!! The trouble being the RFU got wiggly bums & sacked EJ.
I feel we would have been right to say you are contracted to the end of this season or whenever as i think it was for longer & The TIGERS come first not england, I have supported my club for many years & always will but this stinks & I will never forget who/how this has come about through no fault of 22k+ supporters of this great club.
If this upsets anyone so be it, but I am really angry at what has come about here.
#metoo
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Qbec wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:12 pm with all in mind I will repeat what I said yesterday "any replacements to the above will likely not occur until end of this season but most likely after the world cup so 2 seasons."

if you were offered the top job in your field and your current employer said no we expect to see out your contract, I’m sure you would have been delighted and given your all for that period.
I get peoples upset but some really do need to accept the situation, and the unusual set of circumstances that occurred.
I’m sorry but I also don’t get this Tigers or England mindset. How about supporting rugby ?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

If it means Tigers crash and burn then England can do one.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

jgriffin wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:39 pm If it means Tigers crash and burn then England can do one.
Well when they do come back to me
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

What makes my blood boil is that supporters, and yes I believe they are true supporters, believe in the real world, that Borthwick, Sinfield and Tigers should have told the RFU to wait for 6 months.

Doesn’t matter who’s fault it was or who took their eye off the ball, in a real world scenario that just wasn’t going to happen.
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:43 pm What makes my blood boil is that supporters, and yes I believe they are true supporters, believe in the real world, that Borthwick, Sinfield and Tigers should have told the RFU to wait for 6 months.

Doesn’t matter who’s fault it was or who took their eye off the ball, in a real world scenario that just wasn’t going to happen.
Coaching jobs aren't like buses, the same opportunity will likely never come again if you miss it.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

wigworth wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:47 pm What makes my blood boil is that supporters, and yes I believe they are true supporters, believe in the real world, that Borthwick, Sinfield and Tigers should have told the RFU to wait for 6 months.

Coaching jobs aren't like buses, the same opportunity will likely never come again if you miss it.
[/quote]

Nail on head
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Excellent post we are back to square one. If any reminder is needed the club is a business and the compensation money was just to alluring to turn down. For me the club have a lot to answer for choosing to pocket the cash and cynically see out the season as cheap as possible because there is no relegation. I do not care a flying fig about England its always club first for me.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

wigworth wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:47 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:43 pm What makes my blood boil is that supporters, and yes I believe they are true supporters, believe in the real world, that Borthwick, Sinfield and Tigers should have told the RFU to wait for 6 months.

Perhaps, but that does not mean we are all sheep that subscribe to this opinion presented as a fact.