Tigers v Newcastle (A) - Saturday 07th January 2023 - KO 14:00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Yorkietiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Tigers v Newcastle (A) - Saturday 07th January 2023 - KO 14:00

Post by Yorkietiger »

Well, the second walloping in a row, except this time it was bottom of the league Newcastle. This season is essentially done now. Can only imagine the stuffing we will get next week at Clermont.

I feel for Wiggy, he never asked for the job now, and he has been dropped in it rather like Murphy was after the world beating MO’C was booted out.

Still say we should have told the RFU to go boil their heads and made Borthwick stay and honour his contract.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ay2oh wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:13 pm
nicmattyg wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:10 pm I can’t see us getting above top 6 now even though it’s mathematically not far off performance wise we’re miles away. Maybe for the best as we’d be taken apart again at sale/sarries.

Rest of the season will be damage limitation and hope to see some improvement, hopefully we’re looking for a couple of top class coaches to backfill SB/KS in prep for next season.
Very disappointing but let’s have some perspective . We had a number of our best players missing and we are still in touch with top 4 + we have played 8 of out 12 games away from home.
Tbh mate we havnt been brilliant with our full complement!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Gone from Champions to where we are now in six months. I did not think the wheels would fall off completely. I have no idea what Tigers do in training but it does not seem to make any difference to our performance
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

We’re 2 points behind 4th place with 6 home games to come and only 2 away games.
A2O
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

LE18 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:11 pm
Pellsey wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:07 pm
Big Dai wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:06 pm Just to make you all feel soooo much better you now have the opportunity to watch either Exeter or Saints pick up points on us.

What a joyous day! 😊
And for the next 3 months, we will lose our remaining quality players to the 6N. It can only get better!
I wouldnt bet on that after the way we have played lately, even Steward showing poor play.
Steward was fine but he didn't really touch the ball in attacking sense until after the hour. We played to little and with to little imagination.

Walter was spot on with the discipline comment, Cronin should be up in front of the kangaroo court for the back talk and unnecessary blocking.

Clermont will be licking their lips watching that game. We were pretty poor in all departments.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ay2oh wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:18 pm We’re 2 points behind 4th place with 6 home games to come and only 2 away games.
Need to win all 6 probably.But top 4 is still Sarries away or Enya most likely!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:19 pm
LE18 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:11 pm
Pellsey wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:07 pm

And for the next 3 months, we will lose our remaining quality players to the 6N. It can only get better!
I wouldnt bet on that after the way we have played lately, even Steward showing poor play.
Steward was fine but he didn't really touch the ball in attacking sense until after the hour. We played to little and with to little imagination.

Walter was spot on with the discipline comment, Cronin should be up in front of the kangaroo court for the back talk and unnecessary blocking.

Clermont will be licking their lips watching that game. We were pretty poor in all departments.
Can only hope WW has been listening to me and we are holding back and going full bore in the HC 😉
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

BBC have gone for crush and demolished this week after last weeks dismantled
Last edited by Scott1 on Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Yorkietiger wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:17 pm Well, the second walloping in a row, except this time it was bottom of the league Newcastle. This season is essentially done now. Can only imagine the stuffing we will get next week at Clermont.

I feel for Wiggy, he never asked for the job now, and he has been dropped in it rather like Murphy was after the world beating MO’C was booted out.

Still say we should have told the RFU to go boil their heads and made Borthwick stay and honour his contract.
We should have!Tigers could not resist the dosh when they know we shall still support our team despite them banking the dosh and not investing it back into our coaching team
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

I realise we have played more prem games than a number of teams, but we have now conceded most points in the league...it was not long ago we were at the other end of the table. Hopefully temporary as Saints are yet to play!
I am also wondering when and how any adjustment will be made for some teams having played Wasps and Worcester earlier in the season?
Last edited by markharbtiger on Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

markharbtiger wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:24 pm I realise we have played more prem games than a number of teams, but we have now conceded most points in the league...it was not long ago we were at the other end of the table.
I am also wondering when and how any adjustment will be made for some teams having played Wasps and Worcester earlier in the season?
Havnt the points been taken off already?
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:25 pm
markharbtiger wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:24 pm I realise we have played more prem games than a number of teams, but we have now conceded most points in the league...it was not long ago we were at the other end of the table.
Have they? in which case, my bad.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

I wonder when the last time was when Tigers shipped 40+ points in successive defeats? Not that I want to know. Maybe it’s the first time? There should be some choice words spoken at training next week to get the wheels back onto the old wagon.
Semper in excretia
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

markharbtiger wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:26 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:25 pm
Have they? in which case, my bad.
Think points have but not sure about PD
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Robespierre wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:26 pm I wonder when the last time was when Tigers shipped 40+ points in successive defeats? Not that I want to know. Maybe it’s the first time? There should be some choice words spoken at training next week to get the wheels back onto the old wagon.
Must have happened under Murphy ,MOC or Cockers surely