Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Sale (A) - Friday 30th December 2022 - KO:19:45

Post by Scott1 »

Happy new year all! 🎉
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:05 pm Happy new year all! 🎉
Happy New Year to you and all 😀
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Happy New Year!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Happy New Year to all posters, other supporters, backroom staff, player and coaches.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Happy New Year one and all! Here's to a better second half of the season :smt023
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Is it bad of me to say that was embarrassing, we looked blunt, toothless and devoid of ideas?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Chobbsy wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:23 pm Is it bad of me to say that was embarrassing, we looked blunt, toothless and devoid of ideas?
Nope. The truth hurts sometimes and the Tigers will have a massive hurt to bring to Newcastle and adopt the same form as Sarries did against the Chiefs. I have to say Farrell was sublime.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Voyager1
Tiger Cub

Post by Voyager1 »

George Ford had a massive influence on this game, as Sanderson eluded to after the game “George has helped enormously with his experience of Leicester Tigers”

Tigers have never been comfortable playing against rush defence’s, George knows that.

Sale stifled us at the breakdown, and we had no answer to their defence of the rolling maul, their physicality overwhelmed us at times. A combination of on field injuries and missing key personnel namely Wiese and Montoya cost us dearly.

I would still be fairly confident of turning them over with a full 1st XV.

Regarding BT Sport commentators, I do believe that a refresh is required, both Kay and Healy have become too comfortable in their roles and are becoming quite stale. By attempting to appear non bias they have gone too far the other way, almost appearing to be anti Tigers at times, especially Healey.
What noise annoys an oyster
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Voyager1 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:17 pm George Ford had a massive influence on this game, as Sanderson eluded to after the game “George has helped enormously with his experience of Leicester Tigers”

Tigers have never been comfortable playing against rush defence’s, George knows that.

Sale stifled us at the breakdown, and we had no answer to their defence of the rolling maul, their physicality overwhelmed us at times. A combination of on field injuries and missing key personnel namely Wiese and Montoya cost us dearly.

I would still be fairly confident of turning them over with a full 1st XV.

Regarding BT Sport commentators, I do believe that a refresh is required, both Kay and Healy have become too comfortable in their roles and are becoming quite stale. By attempting to appear non bias they have gone too far the other way, almost appearing to be anti Tigers at times, especially Healey.
If that's a question, I don't know, go on tell us about your sea food. :smt052
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Healey the lip has morfed into being the TMO as has been demonstrated it enables him to affect the outcome of a match. It's not his role to be officiating games can you imagine a football commentator having an open line to their TMOs
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

sapajo wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:39 pm Healey the lip has morfed into being the TMO as has been demonstrated it enables him to affect the outcome of a match. It's not his role to be officiating games can you imagine a football commentator having an open line to their TMOs
Its time for Healey to go, if not sacked for bias, then suspended from Tigers games, he is very bitter about Tigers, think it goes back to when he wanted to be Head Coach and he wasn't considered.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

About time Healey was spoken to by BT sport about his constant calling for the TMO to intervene.
A2O
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

ay2oh wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:44 pm About time Healey was spoken to by BT sport about his constant calling for the TMO to intervene.
All I want is a big button so I can turn the commentators and pundits off and watch the game as if I was there......with perhaps the addition of ref mic.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Its ludicrous that the TMO gets a commentary feed,they should just get the officials feed.

I would rather listen to Healy & Kay than Dayglo or Monye any day...Flatman though is very good..just dont get him normally on BT.

I think Healy is just disappointed by some of what he sees Tigers playing....he isn't the only one.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:13 pm Its ludicrous that the TMO gets a commentary feed,they should just get the officials feed.

I would rather listen to Healy & Kay than Dayglo or Monye any day...Flatman though is very good..just dont get him normally on BT.

I think Healy is just disappointed by some of what he sees Tigers playing....he isn't the only one.
no he is blatantly anti-tigers. Always trying to get us a yellow card or disallowed try.
A2O