Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Sale (A) - Friday 30th December 2022 - KO:19:45

Post by sapajo »

Big Dai wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:12 pm
Yorkietiger wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:01 pm Well that’s the wheels well and truly off the wagon. We will see what Wiggy is made of now. Unlucky with the injuries, but some of the decision making and tactics were lamentable. Not sure how Borthwick and Sinfield had the nerve to show up there tonight having dropped us in the soft and brown. I cannot forgive I am afraid, they are partly responsible for what we saw tonight. You do not walk out on your team in my book.
+1
Agreed. Cash is king and Tigers made and saved a packet
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:26 pm https://twitter.com/JKdeB_/status/16089 ... nBYmg&s=19

This is the Cracknell one...

No arms, but massive dip, for me it should have been yellow?
How do you tackle someone who is bent double charging at you, you try to go even lower but that's near impossible.?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugby Inside Line thinks it may well have been a red, so a Saints fan suspects it maybe should...

At 0-0 it could have been a huge decision to not review

There is a chance that the sholder goes through the head via the other player's knee but not for me... as said need other angles...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

https://twitter.com/KJM6898/status/1608 ... er=KJM6898

Absolute lunacy to think that's anything other than shoulder! Look how the arm comes through straight after.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:33 pm Rugby Inside Line thinks it may well have been a red, so a Saints fan suspects it maybe should...

At 0-0 it could have been a huge decision to not review

There is a chance that the sholder goes through the head via the other player's knee but not for me... as said need other angles...
There's no chance it's shoulder,knee,head mate. The other Sale player would've fell differently with that force. Its very clearly shoulder to head, plus look at the Sale players leg under Jansens body just before the tackle. It's almost parallel to he floor,then look at the contact which is way higher. There's no way his knee could be there unless he's crazily triple jointed 😂
Last edited by Scott1 on Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Shoulder to head all day long. Only time Jansen's head is near a sale players knee if after it's been smashed by the sale players shoulder!

The Cracknell one is a no arms tackle at least.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ads wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:39 pm Shoulder to head all day long. Only time Jansen's head is near a sale players knee if after it's been smashed by the sale players shoulder!

The Cracknell one is a no arms tackle at least.
Yes mate,have a look at the Sale players leg underneath Jansens body just before the incident. That has conclusively put this to bed
Last edited by Scott1 on Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

sapajo wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:27 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:06 pm https://twitter.com/KJM6898/status/1608 ... PVI0g&s=19

No citing to be expected for Sale...
Nope
Right arm is tucked no mitigation allowed. Should be a straight red.
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

Slightly surprised to see the amount of sheer negativity on the forum tonight it’s starting to turn into a place where if we win people think we will win the league and if we lose we are no better than relegation fodder. Don’t get me wrong from the first minute we looked off the pace we were dominated up front and were second best in all areas of the game tonight performances like that do happen from time to time! Going into today we were always going to be second favourite our record there is bad and sale over the course of the season have looked a better team than us.

I do have to say I am baffled as to how we have played this season we look like we are caught between playing styles a little bit last season was all about physical dominance and set piece dominance this season we have looked to expand that a little bit we have executed that quite poorly that plus the fact I don’t think we have quite executed our kicking plan quite as good as we did last year has led us to where we are.

I probably will sound harsh in saying this considering he hasn’t even played a full game yet but I do think pollard will turn out to be a waste of money! However today we also had to contend with the fact that nearly all our back line was decimated once oghre had to go in the centre we were never going to win from there let’s be honest. I’m intrigued to see how ww changes things but we’ve been a little unfortunate with injuries this year so tbh we probably won’t see him with a fully fit side for a little bit
JWar

Post by JWar »

I remember Jasper getting a yellow last season for a no arms tackle. I’m pretty sure it was Carley who was referring as well. Definitely should have been reviewed considering he went off for a HIA.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Sale (A) - Friday 30th December 2022 - KO:19:45d

Post by westwinds31 »

Back to the game, some ridiculous comments earlier on here about Wigglesworth not being up to the job and the Top 4 having gone ! Have a word please, calm down, take a chill pill and reflect on what it was. We were poor, I honestly think JVP had a stinker, kicking out on the full, passing off and any go forward we had he stopped dead by looking to box kick. The last half hour doesn’t really count, with players out of position etc. Sale very canny at the breakdown and maul, fair play if you can get away with stuff.

Again, assumptions being made on “injuries”. Burns clearly in trouble, Porter HIA along with Cracknell….could come through the protocols, we don’t know. Watson and Pollard, again we don’t know how bad, or just minor knocks, or just match fitness for Handre, he was running through treacle for the try !

It’s one game. I just hope we’ve bottled the scene at the end, with Simpson taking the p*&£ with the whole Sale squad on the pitch. Let’s hope we can make Top 4 and return to Manchester and take them apart.

I’m ignoring the comments about Pollard being a waste of money…..clueless.
Last edited by westwinds31 on Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

JWar wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:52 pm I remember Jasper getting a yellow last season for a no arms tackle. I’m pretty sure it was Carley who was referring as well. Definitely should have been reviewed considering he went off for a HIA.
I thought all HIAs were supposed to be reviewed by the TMO even it was just in the background and an all clear given to the referee.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

It was a tidal wave of impossible decisions.! It was down to the lads who were left and whom to had to fix it all and under fire . I will watch again, as always with different eyes …Good night all and please don’t forget that we are all United by at least one thing at least ❤️
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Sale (A) - Friday 30th December 2022 - KO:19:45d

Post by WhitecapTiger »

westwinds31 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:54 pmIt’s one game. I just hope we’ve bottled the scene at the end, with Simpson taking the mick with the whole Sale squad on the pitch.
Not too far removed from when we did similar and let Logo kick for sticks in final game of season (and his last game for Tigers) at Sale a few years back :smt023

But you're correct, squad should take a, long hard look at that. Maybe Sale will be fined for having too many players on the pitch..... :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

Yorkietiger wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:01 pm Well that’s the wheels well and truly off the wagon. We will see what Wiggy is made of now. Unlucky with the injuries, but some of the decision making and tactics were lamentable. Not sure how Borthwick and Sinfield had the nerve to show up there tonight having dropped us in the soft and brown. I cannot forgive I am afraid, they are partly responsible for what we saw tonight. You do not walk out on your team in my book.
Definitely, SB is ruthless, it was what he wanted so it happened.
Also, I don’t remember him having that level of bad luck in all his 2.5 years.
Perhaps he is, along with undoubted coaching credentials, a lucky coach. Stars aligned for him last season - let’s see if he has similar luck with England.
More importantly, hoping this is a one off for wiggy and he is not an unlucky coach.