Tigers v Gloucester (H) - Christmas Eve 2022 - KO 15:00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Gloucester (H) - Christmas Eve 2022 - KO 15:00

Post by Rugbygramps »

anz3001 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:30 pm Youngs getting some stick but there was an excellent tackle from him that shut down a very dangerous break
I would agree and he was looking to snipe and box kicking was ok. However his passing for a test player with over 100 caps was shocking, and unfortunately that is becoming a recurring theme.
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

I expect it’s a continuity issue as much as anything. There are others too, Potter for example.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Credit to Ben Youngs today. Tempo switched a gear up when he came on which seemed to give us the momentum. I guess it was a tactical move by Wiggy as the kick tennis drastically reduced at the same time?

Loving that Porter and Kelly centre partnership. Just seems to have closed a few gaps that other teams were exploiting earlier in the season.

And Anthony Watson is another we are going to lose to England no doubt. If it was a gamble to sign him injured that gamble seems to have well and truly paid off so far.

Only question mark I have in the backs now is Freddie Burns. He kicked very well but Charlie Atkinson gets my vote at the moment.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Very good result today, made my Christmas, plenty to work on but please to see us playing more moves in the backs. Burns played well and a good result for WW.
Snowdrop

Post by Snowdrop »

Watched the game from 8,000 miles away in the Falklands. Tight first half. Much better after the break. Great start to the RW reign. Some of the play needs tightening up, but that will come. The centre pairing did well as did the rest of the backs. Watson is electric, when he is on form. Even with the upheaval, I am confident we can, at least make the play-offs.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Snowdrop wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:17 pm Watched the game from 8,000 miles away in the Falklands. Tight first half. Much better after the break. Great start to the RW reign. Some of the play needs tightening up, but that will come. The centre pairing did well as did the rest of the backs. Watson is electric, when he is on form. Even with the upheaval, I am confident we can, at least make the play-offs.
What are you doing there? If in the services I wish you a Happy Christmas.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

LE18 I’m sure you mean to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, whether in the Falklands or not, and whether in the forces or not! I do!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Grimlish wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:02 pm LE18 I’m sure you mean to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, whether in the Falklands or not, and whether in the forces or not! I do!
I just thought for the guy being so far from home. I assume home is here, maybe i'm wrong, yes Happy Christmas to everyone.
Snowdrop

Post by Snowdrop »

LE18 & Grimlish. Yes, I am the RAF. Normally sit in the MW stand. BTW, thanks for the festive wishes. Back Feb for the Bristol game.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:05 pm Credit to Ben Youngs today. Tempo switched a gear up when he came on which seemed to give us the momentum. I guess it was a tactical move by Wiggy as the kick tennis drastically reduced at the same time?

Loving that Porter and Kelly centre partnership. Just seems to have closed a few gaps that other teams were exploiting earlier in the season.

And Anthony Watson is another we are going to lose to England no doubt. If it was a gamble to sign him injured that gamble seems to have well and truly paid off so far.

Only question mark I have in the backs now is Freddie Burns. He kicked very well but Charlie Atkinson gets my vote at the moment.
Just wish his passing wasn’t so erratic.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

We won I am happy, would have liked a bonus point but will take the win against Gloucester. I thought all in the team played well, I doubt anyone was perfect and no one was as bad as some would have you believe. Happy Christmas to all.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

As JTG says good all round performance against a decent side.
Maybe my imagination but we seem to be using the backs a little more.

Who was the gentleman doing the Ed Slater interview at the end he was very clear and spoke well
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

The presentation arrangements for the Ed Slater Cup looked amateur with mic's breaking, already missing the Blyth tones of Gary Sherrard but Ed's plea for more MND funding is totally correct ~ Just a real shame that Tigers had not arranged with MND to organise a loose change bucket collection and notify us all in advance. (Yes I know the ground is cash less!) and with a great 22,583 crowd when the trains are not running too would have helped Ed's plea.
I really hope that we can extend Anthony Watsons contract he really shone today and it showed that Tigers had the best years out of Jonny May too. It is great to lip read Dan Cole too, especially when he is correct, love it.
Happy Christmas to all Tigers too. Wormus in the Crumbie.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Christmas Day but the Cole call was 100% correct
Look at the replay he clears 2 people out one goes to deck Tuissui stays on his feet and Dan hangs onto his leg.
I always think the acid test is what would people be saying if it was the other way round and this forum would have been in up roar.
Wormus the presentation came over well on the telly and it was the BT mic that went down.
As for the collection if you feel that aggrieved you can make a donation on line.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Just seen the replay of the game, I honestly cannot believe the TMO didn’t have a look at the clear out by the Glaws 7 in the 30 minute. Tigers player head down and competing for the ball in the ruck and the Glaws 7 just smashes into the back of his head. Reckless and well out of control!!