Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Gloucester (H) - Christmas Eve 2022 - KO 15:00

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:53 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:42 pm I wonder how far off Dolly is?
Was told he has only just started running....quite a way off from returning
Thank you
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Steward
Watson
Porter
Kelly
Potter
Atkinson
Van Poortvliet
Cronin
Montoya
Cole
Wells
Chessum
Liebenberg
Reffell
Wiese

Clare
Whitcombe
Heyes
Green
Cracknell
Youngs
Burns
Scott

Assuming Martin is injured, but reckon whatever new/interim leadership will want to get off to a good start and go full chat with the team.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:21 pm Steward
Watson
Porter
Kelly
Potter
Atkinson
Van Poortvliet
Cronin
Montoya
Cole
Wells
Chessum
Liebenberg
Reffell
Wiese

Clare
Whitcombe
Heyes
Green
Cracknell
Youngs
Burns
Scott

Assuming Martin is injured, but reckon whatever new/interim leadership will want to get off to a good start and go full chat with the team.
Love that 23 TFS!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:53 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:42 pm I wonder how far off Dolly is?
Was told he has only just started running....quite a way off from returning
6 weeks ago he posted his first running session on Instagram. Recently posted a video running with a weight sled
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

He appeared to be abusing Pollard at the players Xmas do. With no shoes on.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I for one am really looking forward to this game now. Gloucester will be eyeing all the turmoil around us licking their lips, but I do think that the team talk is already sorted.

Let's go out there and do it for Steve, do it for Super Kev, do it for all who think that Tigers will be unstabilised by it all!

Lets go and smash them.

I think Gloucester are just the side we need to play right now, a good side who we'll be in the mixer with, not a side we can be complacent with in the slightest.

Looking forward to it.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

@Big Dai - what is Posh Richard's view on this game ? I suspect Gloucester will think that they can get something out of this game, a losing bonus point being the minimum. With the whole Head coach shenanigans that have gone on, the Gloucester "starters" have had a week off etc they'll be coming with a bit of confidence, despite the loss of Balmain, which is big. I guess we might see McGuigan, potentially off the bench as I expect Socino will start at hooker ? Either way, they're a big pack and have some fire power in the back line, LRZ etc - tough game for us.
shedhead1

Post by shedhead1 »

Shedhead 1 here:

Me and Mrs Shedhead and 3Tigger friends have tickets together in the Yodel centre front - can't wait.

LBP will do it for me.

Happy New Year you all!!!!
TigerintheCatStand
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TigerintheCatStand »

I do believe that this, on Xmas eve, is only the second home prem game this Season with our England players?? And now we get the players available we've lost the senior two of the coaching team. That date at HQ back in June seems a lifetime ago.

I may have missed it but I'd expect some comments from the board acknowledging the fans patience and support with the way the season has gone. So let's hope we can get a full strength side out and give the fans something to enjoy for the cost of the season ticket as well as getting Wiggy off to a good start.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerintheCatStand wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:39 pm I do believe that this, on Xmas eve, is only the second home prem game this Season with our England players?? And now we get the players available we've lost the senior two of the coaching team. That date at HQ back in June seems a lifetime ago.

I may have missed it but I'd expect some comments from the board acknowledging the fans patience and support with the way the season has gone. So let's hope we can get a full strength side out and give the fans something to enjoy for the cost of the season ticket as well as getting Wiggy off to a good start.
Borthwick used to and the players do thank the fans at every possible opportunity in every interview and social media and I’m sure Wigglesworth will continue to do the same. Surely they mean more than Board plaudits in the program notes
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

We need to win at home, big test for all concerned, it's got to have been a huge distraction.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

This incessant drizzle is forecast to stop around lunchtime and be a much nicer brighter day for tomorrow.

I can see us starting with Atkinson and JVP with Youngs and Pollard on the bench.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:39 am This incessant drizzle is forecast to stop around lunchtime and be a much nicer brighter day for tomorrow.

I can see us starting with Atkinson and JVP with Youngs and Pollard on the bench.
Is Pollard fit? It will be a huge bonus if so!

Can't be at the game as have family Do, but will be recording the game and will hope to watch it Christmas Eve evening, assuming we win........I love watching a recording knowing that we've won, I never watch if we lose!!
Soggypitch
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Soggypitch wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:07 am ...I love watching a recording knowing that we've won, I never watch if we lose!!
I do that too, I assume it's common
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

markharbtiger wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:09 am
Soggypitch wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:07 am ...I love watching a recording knowing that we've won, I never watch if we lose!!
I do that too, I assume it's common
Me too common practice I’d have thought. Highlights on YouTube if we loose.