How much?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: How much?

Post by Scott1 »

sam16111986 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:39 pm He's doing us a favour down playing it in the media. I mean he's trying to save face for himself obviously but now if we go into discussions with another club trying to recruit a coach from them we can point to these comments and say we didn't get much.

Much better than him coming out and saying it was a hefty sum and then any club we go to and try and recruit a coach from add a zero onto their asking price.
Great point!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

sam16111986 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:39 pm He's doing us a favour down playing it in the media. I mean he's trying to save face for himself obviously but now if we go into discussions with another club trying to recruit a coach from them we can point to these comments and say we didn't get much.

Much better than him coming out and saying it was a hefty sum and then any club we go to and try and recruit a coach from add a zero onto their asking price.
Sweeney and RFU doing us a favour? Funny way of showing it! :smt017
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Fentiger wrote:
Sweeney and RFU doing us a favour? Funny way of showing it!
I totally agree.
I am aware that some members of the club hierarchy read this forum, if only to test the "wind of opinion" among the support.
If that is so, let us formally ask the club. How much did the RFU pay Tigers to release Steve Borthwick and Kevin Sinfield?
A life long Tiger
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Smudge wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:13 pm Fentiger wrote:
I totally agree.
I am aware that some members of the club hierarchy read this forum, if only to test the "wind of opinion" among the support.
If that is so, let us formally ask the club. How much did the RFU pay Tigers to release Steve Borthwick and Kevin Sinfield?
Presume it will, eventually, show up in the clubs accounts, but, like you, I would like to know. Then I can make a judgement on whether we have, indeed, been stitched up!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I totally agree.
I would like to know, but it comes down to that question of confidentiality. Would we expect our employer to release any details of such agreements, redundancy payments, garden leave etc. It really is no different and other than the fact it would be interesting to know, it isn’t any of our business
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Various media sources are saying £1m.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
nasher

Post by nasher »

Not enough £1million each is more like it.
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

It’s really difficult to give an actual value, im sure they won’t make that information public, for many reasons.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Whilst it would be great to know I am more concerned how the money shall be used. In the last case we shall never know
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I totally agree.
a) I suspect there's a confidentiality clause with the RFU. The best you might get is a vague ball park figure.

b) we'd be stupid to state how much we got before recruiting Borthwick's replacement. See my earlier post about our negotiating position.
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

sapajo wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:14 pm Whilst it would be great to know I am more concerned how the money shall be used. In the last case we shall never know
Pay off some of the massive debt I’d imagine
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

The individual salaries may not show up in public accounts, but it may be harder to hide a compensation payment.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigersunited wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:15 pm
sapajo wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:14 pm Whilst it would be great to know I am more concerned how the money shall be used. In the last case we shall never know
I think so to :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

sapajo wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:16 pm
I think so to :smt023
Yes they’ll be able to use Borthwick’s and Kevs salary for half the season anyway and to recruit new head coach next season and use the payoff to minimise debt
A2O
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Not sure I agree with this any debt repayments will have been scheduled for and built into the budget. Surely it’s better used for strengthening the playing and coaching squads.