Next England Head Coach (Pre World Cup)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

Re: Next England Head Coach (Pre World Cup)

Post by fleabane »

RFU announcement on Monday, Borthers told the players after the Clermont match that he and Kev were going.
Valhalla I am coming!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

fleabane wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:35 pm RFU announcement on Monday, Borthers told the players after the Clermont match that he and Kev were going.
Meh it's the same press that have repeatedly said that an announcement is imminent and changed the details it that announcement every other day. Few days ago Borthwick had signed a secret extension he's since denied.

We'll find out the details tomorrow which will have been the agreed date between club and RFU. The RFU will have wanted it immediately but the club won't have wanted anything before the game.

I hope Borthwick takes control of the game Vs Glaws so the fans have a chance to thank him for the excellent job he's done. Ditto Sinfield if he is indeed leaving, hopefully he isn't.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Personally I'd be happy for Aled & Brett to head us up for the remainder of the season.

Will be interesting to see if any others go post 6N/end of the season.

I suspect that post 6N break Wigglesworth may go, as we may have put our foot down and said we can't lose him till JVP & Youngs are back.

Aled we'll see. Personally I suspect IF we lose Aled it will be post season, not too much your strength and conditioning can do till you have big camps together.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Shows how big rugby union is in the grand scheme of things that on SKY Sports twitter headline of Borths getting announced Monday there is a grand total of 17 comments and most of them are "who the hell is this" mingled with posts about Southgate 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:57 pm Shows how big rugby union is in the grand scheme of things that on SKY Sports twitter headline of Borths getting announced Monday there is a grand total of 17 comments and most of them are "who the hell is this" mingled with posts about Southgate 😂
That says more about the sort of people attracted to Sky Sports :smt044 :smt044
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

fentiger wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:02 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:57 pm Shows how big rugby union is in the grand scheme of things that on SKY Sports twitter headline of Borths getting announced Monday there is a grand total of 17 comments and most of them are "who the hell is this" mingled with posts about Southgate 😂
That says more about the sort of people attracted to Sky Sports :smt044 :smt044
True,rather them than the rugby union crowd in the BBC comments though 👀👀😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I'm now Irish......England can rot!

Totally and utterly hacked off!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

Rugbypass reporting that Wigglesworth will take over. Means we might be in the market for another scrum-half for the 6N?

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/the-form ... er-tigers/
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

No6_Flanker wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:27 pm Rugbypass reporting that Wigglesworth will take over. Means we might be in the market for another scrum-half for the 6N?

I'd still take him as a player coach for the 6N tbh... let Deacon manage the games he plays in
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Yorkietiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Yorkietiger »

Do not give a flying fig about England or the clots in blazers that run the R F U. Extremely disappointed with Borthwick and cannot bring myself to forgive him for walking out and leaving us in the lurch. He might have led us to a title last season, but that does not give him a free pass to shaft us this year. Hopefully whoever replaces him will see us as more than a “stepping stone” in further their own career. Some may wish him well for the future, I do not. :smt011
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yorkietiger wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:36 pm Do not give a flying fig about England or the clots in blazers that run the R F U. Extremely disappointed with Borthwick and cannot bring myself to forgive him for walking out and leaving us in the lurch. He might have led us to a title last season, but that does not give him a free pass to shaft us this year. Hopefully whoever replaces him will see us as more than a “stepping stone” in further their own career. Some may wish him well for the future, I do not. :smt011
No thanks for dragging us out the doldrums then and from being the laughing stock of rugby to GP champions being top of the league from week 1 to winning it outright? 🤦
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:33 pm
No6_Flanker wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:27 pm Rugbypass reporting that Wigglesworth will take over. Means we might be in the market for another scrum-half for the 6N?

I'd still take him as a player coach for the 6N tbh... let Deacon manage the games he plays in
From what we have seen so far that doesn't exactly sound a great idea...I was hoping he was going to England as well.

Personally I don't think SB is ready for the England role, he could very easily turn out like Andy Robinson.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Yorkietiger wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:36 pm Do not give a flying fig about England or the clots in blazers that run the R F U. Extremely disappointed with Borthwick and cannot bring myself to forgive him for walking out and leaving us in the lurch. He might have led us to a title last season, but that does not give him a free pass to shaft us this year. Hopefully whoever replaces him will see us as more than a “stepping stone” in further their own career. Some may wish him well for the future, I do not. :smt011
🎣
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:44 pm
🎣
I bit lol,but I think he's genuinely being serious!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

We need to hope the Borthwick is a success for England and we need to appoint an equally ambitious coach here. Then the England job will be taken up for a good few years and Tigers will still progress. Glass half full :smt023