Next England Head Coach (Pre World Cup)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Next England Head Coach (Pre &/or Post World Cup)

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:25 pm Does anyone see a situation where SB remains with us, along with the rest of the coaching group, until the end of the season?
Certainly possible...

IF the RFU are too strapped for cash then I could see them being forced to stick with Cockers and an Interim team for the 6N. SB may end as a consultant through the 6N period (so a couple of weeks of Kev & Brett running the team) with Borthwick taking over England immediately at the conclusion of our season.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

That sounds feasible and reasonable …but obviously don’t want it to happen
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

KiwiTig wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:22 pm That sounds feasible and reasonable …but obviously don’t want it to happen
TBH if he is going to go, then the maximum amount of time for us to plan is preferred, rather than imminent departure.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Not gonna lie, just saw a notification from the Tigers app on my phone and thought he was gone for a second... Turns out it's free delivery on orders...
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Bet that RC will be in charge for 6 Nations with SB effectively selecting who he requires in squad.. bet its something like Steward, Watson, Kelly,Porter Hassel Collins Farrell JVP/ YBY..... as first choice backs with Arundell, Slade, Radwan, Ford, Lawrence, Freeman as others..
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

markharbtiger wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:24 am
KiwiTig wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:22 pm That sounds feasible and reasonable …but obviously don’t want it to happen
TBH if he is going to go, then the maximum amount of time for us to plan is preferred, rather than imminent departure.
It looks like we've been planning for some time, just didn't plan for the possibility of him going so soon.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

fortysix wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:39 pm Bet that RC will be in charge for 6 Nations with SB effectively selecting who he requires in squad.. bet its something like Steward, Watson, Kelly,Porter Hassel Collins Farrell JVP/ YBY..... as first choice backs with Arundell, Slade, Radwan, Ford, Lawrence, Freeman as others..
Absolutely agree. Both Slade and Daley are showing some form at the moment too and that left foot kicking option is always useful to have.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I reckon.....reading the posts on here over the years......there's enough expertise from the armchair pundits on here to take over the club. The message board....forum.....call it what you will should take it over.

No

Better idea.

The forum collective should aim higher and take over the England job, leving Borthwick, Aled and Sir Kev in charge at Welford Road.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Big Dai wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:57 pm I reckon.....reading the posts on here over the years......there's enough expertise from the armchair pundits on here to take over the club. The message board....forum.....call it what you will should take it over.

No

Better idea.

The forum collective should aim higher and take over the England job, leving Borthwick, Aled and Sir Kev in charge at Welford Road.
Can’t speak for anyone else but I personally cannot afford the pay cut it would require
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Big Dai wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:57 pm I reckon.....reading the posts on here over the years......there's enough expertise from the armchair pundits on here to take over the club. The message board....forum.....call it what you will should take it over.

No

Better idea.

Sounds good. Big Dai in charge of the bottle of Rémy !
Semper in excretia
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:05 pm

No

Better idea.

Yep Robes you're in charge of French Scouting

Kiwi Tig can look after NZ scouting

RagingBull can be in charge of the contracts as he keeps on top of it all so well.

We'll make Scott our referee liaison
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

No

Better idea.

We wouldn't need any referees!
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:55 pm
Robespierre wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:05 pm

No

Better idea.

Yep Robes you're in charge of French Scouting

Kiwi Tig can look after NZ scouting

RagingBull can be in charge of the contracts as he keeps on top of it all so well.

We'll make Scott our referee liaison
😆😂👌
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

....when ,not if Steve Borthwick goes , with who ? Also.
Any delay = How much .....

Wish any, all who move on the best of luck and thanks.They have restored our pride.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Interesting that EJ seems to have job offers and opportunities coming out of his ears if the press are to be believed. Again, lets see if the RFU have shot themselves in the foot. If EJ is free to take on any or all of these opportunities then the RFU should have negotiated a significant reduction in what they paid to end the contract and that should leave more funds to pay to us for the release of our coaches. If, however, there was no reduction in that payment, EJ should be on garden leave until the end of the world cup and not be able to take any positions before or during the tournament.

Why does part of me suspect that the RFU have just agreed to pay out EJ in full with no restrictions on employment.