Champions Cup - Round 1 Fixtures - 09-11th December 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Re: Champions Cup - Round 1 Fixtures - 09-11th December 2022

Post by Tiglon »

wardy wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:09 pm It may be the Heiniken Rugby Cup but it's organised by a European organisation, EPCR who call their secondary competition the European Challenge Cup. So it's a NO from me. It's akin to allowing Australia into the Eurovision Song Contest!
What do you enjoy more, good rugby or organisations being correctly named to reflect their precise geographical reach?

If it's the latter, the international Sevens tour must make you really angry - allowing non Hong Kong teams into the Hong Kong 7s? Madness.

It's called the Heineken Champions Cup, and no one seems to mind that most of the participants are not champions. Or that there's no Heineken man wandering the stands any more...
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

No unless plate tectonics have overnight and unnoticed radically changed the continents. Absolute farce They could of course front up and change the thing to European and South African cup.
I'm not cynical just experienced
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Either it's the European Cup of it's not.
Last I heard South Africa is not in Europe.

To be honest in it's current format it is set to lose a lot of its fan base. Has been a hard watch with the Irish Development squads over the past few years.

Personally I'd rather watch the league and would prefer to see the current low value cup becoming the main cup competition for the Premiership.
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

Tiglon wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:23 pm
wardy wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:09 pm It may be the Heiniken Rugby Cup but it's organised by a European organisation, EPCR who call their secondary competition the European Challenge Cup. So it's a NO from me. It's akin to allowing Australia into the Eurovision Song Contest!
What do you enjoy more, good rugby or organisations being correctly named to reflect their precise geographical reach?

If it's the latter, the international Sevens tour must make you really angry - allowing non Hong Kong teams into the Hong Kong 7s? Madness.

It's called the Heineken Champions Cup, and no one seems to mind that most of the participants are not champions. Or that there's no Heineken man wandering the stands any more...
Bit like a mallard, looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and walks like a duck...it's still a duck
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Tykger wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:51 pm

Bit like a mallard, looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and walks like a duck...it's still a duck
Ah good point BUT a duck doesn't travel at 126mph!!! Mallard did! :smt042
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Looking forward to seeing Zach Mercer playing on English soil.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

mol2 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:30 pm Either it's the European Cup of it's not.

To be honest in it's current format it is set to lose a lot of its fan base. Has been a hard watch with the Irish Development squads over the past few years.

Personally I'd rather watch the league and would prefer to see the current low value cup becoming the main cup competition for the Premiership.
It is not the European Cup...
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

mol2 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:30 pm Either it's the European Cup of it's not.
Neither are we !
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Fabulous 50 yard break by OHC results in in London Irish try.

Creevy could be in trouble
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:40 pm Fabulous 50 yard break by OHC results in in London Irish try.

Creevy could be in trouble
Our new signing looks really good
A2O
Bge3095

Post by Bge3095 »

Reffing such a poor standard in Irish game
2 neckroles missed in lead up to Irish try’s, awful decision for Montpellier’s try before half time
VernonAtrium

Post by VernonAtrium »

Including Oz in Eurovision has worked out quite well, of course, since the 'contest' is, at heart, a bit of fun for most viewers and contestants who care nothing for the vast amounts of money or the pasted-on politics that others seem more concerned about.

I'm sure rugby is entirely different.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

After a quiet 1st half Mercer showing just what England are missing.
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

wormus wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:57 pm
Tykger wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:51 pm

Ah good point BUT a duck doesn't travel at 126mph!!! Mallard did! :smt042
You have me Sir. Upon my sword I must fall. Adieu xx
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Surprised by the crowd, or lack of it, in the Quinn’s game