Tigers v Bristol Bears (A) - Saturday 03rd December 2022 KO 8-00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Bristol Bears (A) - Saturday 03rd December 2022 KO 8-00pm

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

When do we hear about post match citings?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

contact in the eye area is a Red, Cole told the ref but Sir had decided doing his job was for someone else.
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

For me, this (amongst many many many other things) should have been picked up by Claire Hodnett, who IMHO really should not be officiating anything.

CMK is normally a reasonable sir, who had an off day on Saturday, but as one poster said is poor together with Hodnett. He needs a far better TMO!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Pellsey wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:46 am For me, this (amongst many many many other things) should have been picked up by Claire Hodnett, who IMHO really should not be officiating anything.

CMK is normally a reasonable sir, who had an off day on Saturday, but as one poster said is poor together with Hodnett. He needs a far better TMO!
Agreed Hodnett is so inconsistent. For instance she brought the shirt pulling to the attention of CMK when prompted by Ben Kay for a penalty and then she completely ignored 2 different penalty offences by Bristol inside the 22 that were also called out by Kay. She also completely ignored the hand in the face by Vui on Chessum and the hand in the face by Genge on Whitcombe. She is out of her depth.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Mayocaz
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Mayocaz »

Like the Bath game this was a tough result to swallow. We were the better team and should have won. I know we lost a game late to Exeter early in the season but that was a different game altogether in that we defended brilliantly to actually have still been in front and although it was a sickening last play I didn’t feel we’d thrown the game away.

Saturday we looked likely to win well at half time but I always thought the two relatively straight forward conversions we missed, when Freddie Burns was forced off for ten, might come back to haunt us. That horrid nagging feeling there was a twist to come set in again when Guy Porter dropped the tricky floor pass from Chris Ashton, when he certainly scores if he takes it.

The ref obviously had a major impact on the final score line but like the Bath game, where the ref made some bizarre decisions that cost us, I do feel these were both games we should have taken the ref out the game and been in a far more comfortable position than what we were. Referees decide a lot of games in a season but these are two matches we really should have taken the bad decisions made by the refs out of the final result.

Hopefully the fact we have a top heavy home game run in will ensure we make the top four.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Mayocaz wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:30 pm Like the Bath game this was a tough result to swallow. We were the better team and should have won. I know we lost a game late to Exeter early in the season but that was a different game altogether in that we defended brilliantly to actually have still been in front and although it was a sickening last play I didn’t feel we’d thrown the game away.

Saturday we looked likely to win well at half time but I always thought the two relatively straight forward conversions we missed, when Freddie Burns was forced off for ten, might come back to haunt us. That horrid nagging feeling there was a twist to come set in again when Guy Porter dropped the tricky floor pass from Chris Ashton, when he certainly scores if he takes it.

The ref obviously had a major impact on the final score line but like the Bath game, where the ref made some bizarre decisions that cost us, I do feel these were both games we should have taken the ref out the game and been in a far more comfortable position than what we were. Referees decide a lot of games in a season but these are two matches we really should have taken the bad decisions made by the refs out of the final result.

Hopefully the fact we have a top heavy home game run in will ensure we make the top four.
To me we seem at times to have a win in the bag and then wholesale changes are made which seems to kill the momentum
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Mayocaz
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Mayocaz »

The changes sometimes to me look pre game made. So and so will come off after 55min for example. Bar the Dan Kelly substitution, for obvious reasons, did all the others need to be made. I agree the changes can sometimes make a side lose momentum.