LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Womens Team

Post by LE18 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:28 pm
LE18 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:51 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:34 pm

It'd happen immediately if required I suspect. The competition has been around long enough now for players to want to move on given the right offer from the new club. The tie up with Lichfield should mean that for those not quite ready or at the level to step up to the elite competition are still able to get good quality coaching, development and rugby and aren't just cast adrift.
Not sure but I think Emily is now with Loughborough, they are tied up with Saints and Sam Vesty is there and is their backs coach, so Emily might want to go there.
I was talking more generally rather than specifically towards Emily Scarratt.

That said, the Leicester lady might want to play for Tigers. :smt003
I most sincerely hope she will.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

KiwiTig wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:50 pm I’m just enjoying their journey …
They are an utter credit to the club.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Totally agree
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Top vs bottom today, and it showed. Harrogate were game, but very much outclassed. We bossed every element, so can't draw too much from it, but it was the slickest I've seen us look in attack so far. Good shape, identification of space, and clinical. They'll take a lot of confidence from that. 87-0
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

another huge win, clearly too good for this level
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

It's good that we've got this season to build a the team, because they wouldn't have been ready to go straight into the Prem. Competition below was always gonna have some imbalance.

The access to coaching and facilities makes a big difference for us, I think.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Not knowing the set up of the ladies leagues if Tigers were to finish top of the table where would they get promoted to if they were not accepted into the premiership 15’s.
A2O
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

ay2oh wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:44 am Not knowing the set up of the ladies leagues if Tigers were to finish top of the table where would they get promoted to if they were not accepted into the premiership 15’s.
I believe this is as high as we can play without being in the Prem.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Darc Tiger wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:15 pm
ay2oh wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:44 am Not knowing the set up of the ladies leagues if Tigers were to finish top of the table where would they get promoted to if they were not accepted into the premiership 15’s.
Presumably then this would help our case to be accepted in the premiership 15’s especially with Wasps dropping out.
A2O
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

ay2oh wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:29 pm
Darc Tiger wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:15 pm
Presumably then this would help our case to be accepted in the premiership 15’s especially with Wasps dropping out.
I would think our position is very strong, on multiple levels. Perhaps most importantly is our supporter base.

Wasps are actually still playing, though they got thrashed by Bristol, and could be looking at a rough season. Worcester are also playing, and look to be in a good place, beating Quins away. DMP are vulnerable after having funding issues, but are currently the only NE club, and might necessitate a replacement like Newcastle. Sale may also be protected due to geography. Hard to see anyone else being dropped. Maybe Loughborough, but it would pretty much be just on geographical grounds. Their brand is strong, they've got the Uni, and have developed some ties to Saints.

There are apparently multiple teams looking to get in on the action next season. Not sure how it's gonna shake out, unless they expand the league, which might be a bit early.

Apparently it's all being worked out as we speak, and should be public by the spring.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Slow start, but ended up with another strong win against Kenilworth. 5-39

It looks like a two horse race now, with Cheltenham getting daylight to 3rd, and just 5 behind us.

Home fixture against Barnsley next Saturday, and then the crucial away trip to Cheltenham a week later. Win that, and top spot looks effectively in the bag.
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

Is Oval Park equipped with under soil heating? Just trying to plan and want to know if the game is likely to be on tomorrow.
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Northenlad wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:19 pm Is Oval Park equipped with under soil heating? Just trying to plan and want to know if the game is likely to be on tomorrow.
The pitch may have been covered earlier in the week.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Northenlad wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:19 pm Is Oval Park equipped with under soil heating? Just trying to plan and want to know if the game is likely to be on tomorrow.
I think one of the pitches might be artificial but don’t quote me
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Postponed, fyi.

No reason given. Probably the pitch.