Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: England Squad - Autumn Internationals

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:37 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:22 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:56 pm Porter will definitely be a travelling reserve for the England game unfortunately so no chance of seeing him.
If not in the squad or a late replacement on Saturday, he may be drafted on to the bench for the Irish game on Sunday
Problem is we have to announce the team Friday lunchtime. The whole point of international teams retaining 25 not 23 is to ensure they have cover in case say Tuilagi injuries himself in the warm up on the day.

IF we got special permission to announce a team after the game proving he's not needed then maybe, even so it throws team run prep etc out the window.
teams have changed after then have been announced before
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tigerbeat wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:20 pm I still would not bet on him not being involved on Sunday if he is not used on the bench on Saturday.
It isn’t out of the question it depends on who else Tigers have available of course
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:21 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:37 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:22 pm
If not in the squad or a late replacement on Saturday, he may be drafted on to the bench for the Irish game on Sunday
Problem is we have to announce the team Friday lunchtime. The whole point of international teams retaining 25 not 23 is to ensure they have cover in case say Tuilagi injuries himself in the warm up on the day.

IF we got special permission to announce a team after the game proving he's not needed then maybe, even so it throws team run prep etc out the window.
teams have changed after then have been announced before
Teams have been changed during warm ups before
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Time for Itoje to stand up,he's been the worlds best lock now he's facing the current worlds best lock! What a clash!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Is it possible to record Prime, I'm going (wash my mouth out) to watch Baa Baas v Saints. :smt022
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

LE18 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:01 pm Is it possible to record Prime, I'm going (wash my mouth out) to watch Baa Baas v Saints. :smt022
You don't need to record.

If you just go onto Prime you can click on sports and under Autumn Nations series all matches are available there from all the weeks no recording needed.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

LE18 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:01 pm Is it possible to record Prime, I'm going (wash my mouth out) to watch Baa Baas v Saints. :smt022
They have replays no need to watch live, it’s what I’ll be doing with England game as I’m watching the World Cup
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:20 pm
They have replays no need to watch live, it’s what I’ll be doing with England game as I’m watching the World Cup
France v Denmark over England v SA? 🤔
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:37 pm
After a stressful week at work yes
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:39 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:37 pm

After a stressful week at work yes
Good choice then 😂👍
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Just want to put this out there from my POV. Regardless of those missing for SA there's is still an incredibly strong team so if we win its a very good one and if we lose we've lost to a very good one.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Think seeing Guy Porter in the tunnel with the England lads puts to bed if he's a travelling reserve or not
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Billy V belly flopping already
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Mako absolutely obliterated there,never seen that before!
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Malherbhe wasn’t pushing straight - he was boring in. Easy to smash a loose head that way - I used to do it all the time if I could