Tigers v Bath (A) - 11th November 2022 - KO 19:45

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Bath (A) - 11th November 2022 - KO 19:45

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

People are right in saying we’ve been victims of our own success. Heyes, Porter and JVP with England plus Kelly and Dolly injured.

Come six nations, at least we’ve have our southern hemisphere contingent and hopefully some injuries back.

We’re 6th in the table but have only played 7 games whereas most are on 8. Get a good run towards the end of the season and we’ll be in the mix top end of the table.

Against LI I’d want to see (should have Leatigaga back)

Cronin Clare Cole
Wells Green
Martin Liebenberg Cracknell
Wiggs Atkinson
Gopperth Scott
Nadolo Watson Potter

Whitcombe Taufete Leatigaga Snyman Henderson Edwards Burns Cokanasiga
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:00 pm People are right in saying we’ve been victims of our own success. Heyes, Porter and JVP with England plus Kelly and Dolly injured.

Come six nations, at least we’ve have our southern hemisphere contingent and hopefully some injuries back.

We’re 6th in the table but have only played 7 games whereas most are on 8. Get a good run towards the end of the season and we’ll be in the mix top end of the table.

Against LI I’d want to see (should have Leatigaga back)

Cronin Clare Cole
Wells Green
Martin Liebenberg Cracknell
Wiggs Atkinson
Gopperth Scott
Nadolo Watson Potter

Whitcombe Taufete Leatigaga Snyman Henderson Edwards Burns Cokanasiga
Last picture I saw of Taufete'e he had his wrist in what looked like a cast so I'd doubt he's fit, that's backed up by his lack of involvement in the USA squad
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:24 am
sam16111986 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:23 am
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:16 am

The amount of time he spent with a certain Eddie Jones is a worry.
Much like Cockers, Borthwick is undoubtedly a brilliant forwards coach, head coach/DOR still an unanswered question.
All this nonsense about back to Tigers DNA is nonsense, when I started watching we won games by being clinical & inventive in the backs, not forward power, only when Pat Howard was involved did we really marry up forwards & backs.
I think it's nonsense to suggest that there was only a plan A last night. We scored two tries and should have had at least another two from three neat backs moves. Individual errors (sorry Harry) meant we didn't take those chances. We hammered Bath in the first half and should have the game done by half time. Wasn't Borthwick's fault we messed it up.

Some our brightest attacking play this season in that first half with a completely makeshift backline.

Second half and Bath had a loaded bench with mobile forwards. They come hard in the second half of games and we looked a bit rusty after three weeks off and their bench had enough impact to keep the game in the balance and edge the second half.

We were missing our starting 2, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13 and 15. Considering that we went away from home and will be annoyed we didn't win with a TBP.
Considering that’s who we were missing it was still a very strong team,and better than Baths on paper,that’s the disappointing thing I suppose
I thought the teams were quite equal. Bath's backs were very good on paper and their backrow was also. Stacking the bench with half decent mobile forwards was also a concern for me as it was always likely they'd finish strong.

I mean we hammered them first half, opened them up and created three try scoring chances Potter blew that on any other weekend he scores two and assists another. Game is done and we have the TBP by half time.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:44 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:23 am

I think it's nonsense to suggest that there was only a plan A last night. We scored two tries and should have had at least another two from three neat backs moves. Individual errors (sorry Harry) meant we didn't take those chances. We hammered Bath in the first half and should have the game done by half time. Wasn't Borthwick's fault we messed it up.

Some our brightest attacking play this season in that first half with a completely makeshift backline.

Second half and Bath had a loaded bench with mobile forwards. They come hard in the second half of games and we looked a bit rusty after three weeks off and their bench had enough impact to keep the game in the balance and edge the second half.

We were missing our starting 2, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13 and 15. Considering that we went away from home and will be annoyed we didn't win with a TBP.
Considering that’s who we were missing it was still a very strong team,and better than Baths on paper,that’s the disappointing thing I suppose
I thought the teams were quite equal. Bath's backs were very good on paper and their backrow was also. Stacking the bench with half decent mobile forwards was also a concern for me as it was always likely they'd finish strong.

I mean we hammered them first half, opened them up and created three try scoring chances Potter blew that on any other weekend he scores two and assists another. Game is done and we have the TBP by half time.
Not for me,I’m struggling to think of who I would take in a composite 15. 2 ,maybe 3 if you’re being very generous
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

I presume apart from the England contingent, our other Internationals should be back for the LI game..(if fit)
To win is not as important as playing with style!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:45 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:44 pm

Not for me,I’m struggling to think of who I would take in a composite 15. 2 ,maybe 3 if you’re being very generous
Spencer and both centres easy. If I'm allowed to play fast and loose with the rules I'd move Watson to wing and then have Shillcock at 15. Similarly I'd pick Hill at 8 with Liebenburg and Martin on the flank. I do rate Miles Reid as well.

Still we should have buried them in the first half etc...
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:46 pm I presume apart from the England contingent, our other Internationals should be back for the LI game..(if fit)
Doubt it as there are still international matches on that weekend.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:26 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:46 pm I presume apart from the England contingent, our other Internationals should be back for the LI game..(if fit)
Doubt it as there are still international matches on that weekend.
Isn't that an "out of the window" weekend?
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I thought the international window was from 05th to 26th November
We could get Montoya and Kini back.
SA, Wales and England are playing on 26th
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

The LI game IS in the international window, but I'm not sure Samoa have a game after their game vs Romania this weekend.
So think we may get Leatigaga back too
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:40 pm Ludicrously inflated expectations to beat Bath and Chiefs,and Sale at home. Yeah OK 👍
You are boring and quite sarcastic. You very easily can see the point I'm masking, about fans who are either expecting total domination or massively criticising. The truth is that we have lost two top players from last season, we have temporarily lost some of our best from the squad, and we haven't had a settled side. SB is still building a squad and we have to stop saying the world is ending because we are performing less well with our hybrid 2nds.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

If we are not to win it this year we HAVE to beat Sarries at home,I can’t imagine the sickening media love in if they were to go unbeaten all season. Last season would soon be forgotten about!
Last edited by Scott1 on Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

jgriffin wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:27 am
Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:40 pm Ludicrously inflated expectations to beat Bath and Chiefs,and Sale at home. Yeah OK 👍
You are boring and quite sarcastic. You very easily can see the point I'm masking, about fans who are either expecting total domination or massively criticising. The truth is that we have lost two top players from last season, we have temporarily lost some of our best from the squad, and we haven't had a settled side. SB is still building a squad and we have to stop saying the world is ending because we are performing less well with our hybrid 2nds.
+1
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:25 pm I thought the international window was from 05th to 26th November
We could get Montoya and Kini back.
SA, Wales and England are playing on 26th
After Saturdays performance we might have Ben Youngs back with us! Woodward and others saying we should have left JVP on until the end.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Sorry Scott1 but to talk about the success of last season soon being forgotten if we don’t beat Saracens at home shows total disrespect to what the coaches, Players and true fans achieved last season. I won’t forget the win at Twickenham last season as I’ve never forgotten any of our great wins which for me started way back at Twickenham when we beat Mosley with Steve Kenny’s famous try!
Come on TIGERS.