Tigers v Bath (A) - 11th November 2022 - KO 19:45

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Bath (A) - 11th November 2022 - KO 19:45

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

sapajo wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:07 am Good post I do worry that Borthwick is totally fixated on Plan A and when it no longer works Plan B does not exist.
The amount of time he spent with a certain Eddie Jones is a worry.
Much like Cockers, Borthwick is undoubtedly a brilliant forwards coach, head coach/DOR still an unanswered question.
All this nonsense about back to Tigers DNA is nonsense, when I started watching we won games by being clinical & inventive in the backs, not forward power, only when Pat Howard was involved did we really marry up forwards & backs.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:42 am Not 100% sure how we have lost top 2 after 7 games.
Still got 3 games till the half way point two of them are pretty winable.

Top spot maybe out of reach but Sale are what 11 points pretty catchable for most teams 8th or above.

Mind it's pretty funny that you are already talking about Borthwick out lmao.
Still waiting for evidence of this mate
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:16 am
sapajo wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:07 am Good post I do worry that Borthwick is totally fixated on Plan A and when it no longer works Plan B does not exist.
Much like Cockers, Borthwick is undoubtedly a brilliant forwards coach, head coach/DOR still an unanswered question.
All this nonsense about back to Tigers DNA is nonsense, when I started watching we won games by being clinical & inventive in the backs, not forward power, only when Pat Howard was involved did we really marry up forwards & backs.
I think it's nonsense to suggest that there was only a plan A last night. We scored two tries and should have had at least another two from three neat backs moves. Individual errors (sorry Harry) meant we didn't take those chances. We hammered Bath in the first half and should have the game done by half time. Wasn't Borthwick's fault we messed it up.

Some our brightest attacking play this season in that first half with a completely makeshift backline.

Second half and Bath had a loaded bench with mobile forwards. They come hard in the second half of games and we looked a bit rusty after three weeks off and their bench had enough impact to keep the game in the balance and edge the second half.

We were missing our starting 2, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13 and 15. Considering that we went away from home and will be annoyed we didn't win with a TBP.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:23 am
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:16 am
I think it's nonsense to suggest that there was only a plan A last night. We scored two tries and should have had at least another two from three neat backs moves. Individual errors (sorry Harry) meant we didn't take those chances. We hammered Bath in the first half and should have the game done by half time. Wasn't Borthwick's fault we messed it up.

Some our brightest attacking play this season in that first half with a completely makeshift backline.

Second half and Bath had a loaded bench with mobile forwards. They come hard in the second half of games and we looked a bit rusty after three weeks off and their bench had enough impact to keep the game in the balance and edge the second half.

We were missing our starting 2, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13 and 15. Considering that we went away from home and will be annoyed we didn't win with a TBP.
Considering that’s who we were missing it was still a very strong team,and better than Baths on paper,that’s the disappointing thing I suppose
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:54 am Has anyone talked about wanting Borths being out? I can’t see it,can anyone point me out the post/s please? Thanks!
There was, rightfully, criticism of his timing of substitutions last night, and a little thus morning around the perceived lack of development of backs play, but you know how some get on here.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Yep our back play and back recruitment is simply inept at this level. Atkinson is a positive addition as is Cockansiga but only if they get game time. For me we lack sufficient pace and skill in the backs. Gopperth and Ashton both great players in their prime are not the answer. How great a team Tigers could be if we squared that triangle. I'll put my tin hat on for those that are happy with the status quo.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Crofty wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:25 am
Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:54 am Has anyone talked about wanting Borths being out? I can’t see it,can anyone point me out the post/s please? Thanks!
There was, rightfully, criticism of his timing of substitutions last night, and a little thus morning around the perceived lack of development of backs play, but you know how some get on here.
Yes I saw that,but no one wants him out. Strange take.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:51 am
RagingBull wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:42 am Not 100% sure how we have lost top 2 after 7 games.

Top spot maybe out of reach but Sale are what 11 points pretty catchable for most teams 8th or above.

Who’s talked about Borths out RB? Havnt seen that 🤔 Made up narrative?
Maybe a case of misreading
“I’d actually prefer Borths to go all in for the HC now after this start!”

I assumed you are wanting Borthwick to go all in for the England HC now after this start.

Looking at it again you are prob talking about the Heineken cup lol sorry
Last edited by RagingBull on Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Does anyone know how many points we are down to the corresponding games last season? Is it about -9? I think we can get to -20 and still make the playoffs
Last edited by Scott1 on Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:32 am
Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:51 am

Who’s talked about Borths out RB? Havnt seen that 🤔 Made up narrative?
Maybe a case of misreading
“I’d actually prefer Borths to go all in for the HC now after this start!”

I assumed you are wanting Borthwick to go all in for the England HC now after this start.

Looking at it again you are prob talking about the Heineken cup lol sorry
Heineken Cup mate,should’ve explained it better. 👍
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

Scuttle wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:56 pm
LE18 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:46 pm We were so annoying but the whole of the commentary team were against us, calling out every time there was any coming together and Austin Healey should be ashamed of his bias against us. Little man with a massive chip on his shoulder against Tigers.
The worst was the BT bloke. Anythin decent that Bath did it was brilliant, anything decent we did, we just did.
Did any of that affect the result?
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

We are missing key players on international duty.

Bewildering to assign our No2 loose head to the Noddy cup team when our No3 has been found wanting each and every time he comes on. What if Cronin gets injured?

We signed a fly half who arrived injured and bar 5 minutes has remained so.

Some poor form to add to this and it looks not to be our season.
nicmattyg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by nicmattyg »

There’s still plenty of time left in the season to finish top 4.

All signs point towards top 6 at best based on this seasons performances to date, we look a little “England” at the moment, getting all the possession and territory but not able to convert it to points. Losing games like this in the last seconds to Exeter and Bath is quite sickening and I’m sure the coaching team are working on our durability to see games out from those positions.

Agree with the comment that Cokanasiga and Atkinson need to start some games together as they could be superb, I don’t get why they aren't getting more game time atm.

Also along with cracknell and Watson (how good to see him finding form again btw, he looks like the player we all hoped we were getting), I thought Martin was superb last night, that lad could tackle a steam train.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Keep Cole and Cronin on for the full 80 and we win that game. Strange decision to take them off when we have no premiership game for 2 weeks.
A2O
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

We all doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed (well we are if you read this). It's a marathon not a sprint, you win nothing in November in this league.
We could have, should have is a very well trodden path.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.