Tigers v Italian XV - Saturday 05th November 2022 - KO 1pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Italian XV - Saturday 05th November 2022 - KO 1pm

Post by Scott1 »

Does this mean Porter is done with England?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:56 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:41 pm Last home game for Nemani maybe?

Some missed opportunities in that selection for me.

Think Simmons might have missed his chance, this was the period he was going to be required.
Think he’ll at least be in the squad for Irish.

What are the missed opportunities?
Edwards should have started & possibly Hurd, I would of let Illione loose at 7 as well. As the game is a glorified friendly its really difficult to work out what the coaches want from the game.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:17 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:56 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:41 pm Last home game for Nemani maybe?

Some missed opportunities in that selection for me.

Think Simmons might have missed his chance, this was the period he was going to be required.
Think he’ll at least be in the squad for Irish.

What are the missed opportunities?
Edwards should have started & possibly Hurd, I would of let Illione loose at 7 as well. As the game is a glorified friendly its really difficult to work out what the coaches want from the game.
Think if you watch Wigglesworth interview the coaches are taking this very seriously as preparation for the Bath game, I assume that’s why they have gone for the strongest starting 15.

As for Nadolo if this was his last scheduled home start I think there would have been more noise about it.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Home game and we go full bore with what we have, exactly what we did last season and to me it makes sense, Bath are having a bit of a lift of form, so we need to ready for them and Italy would not have thanked us if we fielded a weak side.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Agreed. Bath have started to improve and I think will only be missing two first team players so we really will need to play well. We struggled at the Rec last year and they will fancy their chances, as will Irish on the 27 November. Chessum is obviously out for a considerable while and Kelly, Dolly and Pollard need to be 100% fit to come into the squad.
Looking forward to getting down to Welford Road but now won’t watch the ladies as we need to be home by 4:30. Shame as we were originally going to the ladies game.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Ian Cant wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:50 pm Agreed. Bath have started to improve and I think will only be missing two first team players so we really will need to play well. We struggled at the Rec last year and they will fancy their chances, as will Irish on the 27 November. Chessum is obviously out for a considerable while and Kelly, Dolly and Pollard need to be 100% fit to come into the squad.
Looking forward to getting down to Welford Road but now won’t watch the ladies as we need to be home by 4:30. Shame as we were originally going to the ladies game.
Can I just ask why you think Chessum is obviously out for a considerable while.

As for Bath possibly only missing Cocanasinga and Redpath to internationals but a number of big injuries including Spencer, Stewart and Bailey, Underhill and the open side they signed from Munster.
rich1576

Post by rich1576 »

Do think Tigers have missed a trick to raise additional funds by not live-streaming both games on the website for a small fee.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Ian Cant wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:50 pm Agreed. Bath have started to improve and I think will only be missing two first team players so we really will need to play well.
Bath do have a number of injuries currently and will be missing Obano, Stuart, Weeks, McInally, Underhill, maybe Spencer, maybe Bailey, de Glanville, Francis and then Cokanasiga and Redpath will be on international duty. Bath are improving and won't be an easy task but I don't think we have anything to fear there and should be looking to take the to task up front. Attwood being suspended is another loss for them.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

rich1576 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:32 pm Do think Tigers have missed a trick to raise additional funds by not live-streaming both games on the website for a small fee.
There is a cost to hosting those sort of things.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

rich1576 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:32 pm Do think Tigers have missed a trick to raise additional funds by not live-streaming both games on the website for a small fee.
Given how rugby is on BT and Prime tomorrow no.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Hi rugby gramps. There was a list in The Times a couple of weeks ago of England’s long term injury problems and Ollie Chessum was one of them.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Ian Cant wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:59 pm Hi rugby gramps. There was a list in The Times a couple of weeks ago of England’s long term injury problems and Ollie Chessum was one of them.
Ok I didn’t see that, but I always take those things with a pinch of salt. Porter appeared on similar lists and Chessum has been seen walking without Sticks, Boot or Cast, so we will see.

Thank you for your reply though.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Difference is Porter was in this week’s squad but Ollie Chessum isn’t in the squad for the 4 internationals!
I hope you are right but we will have some exciting players to come back in time for the new year!!! Or maybe earlier.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Horton onto the bench instead of Vanes. Pretty much means an injury
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Matt Scott definitely hurt his leg