Tigers v Quins (A)- Sunday 16th October 2022 - 3-00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerReggie

Re: Tigers v Quins (A)- Sunday 16th October 2022 - 3-00pm

Post by TigerReggie »

westwinds31 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:49 pm Shame we haven’t got a game for several weeks….momentum is with us. Interesting to hear Steve mention in the post match that he would be looking for opposition in the next few days.
I'd go with the Georgian team as world cup warm up as mentioned before the match in the radio commentary
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:16 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:06 pm It’s amazing that after the best performance of the season, will watch later, people still see the need to moan.
People were saying we could be on the end of another 50 pointer by a side that has been scoring 40 points for fun this season.
Not moaning at the result.....just be professional and close the game out.
Philosophy that won the league was ' don't worry about making mistakes, and always do something a bit better than before'. Perfect opportunity to try to be better at the driving maul when the games won. I for one like it.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

That was just what we needed, a result and a commanding performance.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Absolutely no problem with what we did at the end,didn't cost anything
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Too much negativity about a silly mistake. It's the bulk of the game we should be celebrating. :smt018
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:35 pm
Big Dai wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:32 pm 12-30 is better than 19-27.....
And the additional points would have put us above Gloucester....I think....which in today's company was critical. 🤣🤣
Just tell Posh Richard to wait to see where they are in the table once they've played Sale, Quins, Sarries, Exeter and Saints...
I will....once out of his considerable 2nd row reach!

🤣🤣🤣
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Cracking performance. We tried some things in attack that didn't come off but there was a definite shift to fix the initial attack and then pop to an outside runner. Good to see that bit of improvement from the forwards attack.

Defence was immense, Scott has stuttered so far this season but what a return to his best that was. Awesome performance from him and Potter but a real shift in.

Montoya and Reffell were sensational at the breakdown. We all enjoyed Wells sit down hand off on Care as well didn't we.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:00 pm Cracking performance. We tried some things in attack that didn't come off but there was a definite shift to fix the initial attack and then pop to an outside runner. Good to see that bit of improvement from the forwards attack.

Defence was immense, Scott has stuttered so far this season but what a return to his best that was. Awesome performance from him and Potter but a real shift in.

Montoya and Reffell were sensational at the breakdown. We all enjoyed Wells sit down hand off on Care as well didn't we.
Spot on :smt023
Danny Care :smt044 :smt044
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

Eddie Jones nodding off in the stands !! Must have been very quiet up around his seat !
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tykger wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:16 pm Eddie Jones nodding off in the stands !! Must have been very quiet up around his seat !
Kept the Quins fans quiet which is nice
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

Great performance today think today really showed how much we’ve missed Montoya and wiese they were both back to their best! Thought jvp was also good when he came on. Plenty of positives to take away from today an improved defence was the major improvement we made and actually thought potter did ok at centre today he made a few mistakes early on but after that I thought he settled in quite well. Think the most impressive thing is that they never really got anything going because we didn’t allow them to! Always thought we made a bad decision to let evans go however today refell outplayed him completely today and showed his class. My only slight worry after today is that are we forking out thousands on Watson who’s having to just chase kicks all day? He was pretty anonymous today and it wasn’t his fault at all but I think we need to start getting him involved a lot more otherwise it could be a lot of money for not a lot of return
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

amazing tiger wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:35 pm Great performance today think today really showed how much we’ve missed Montoya and wiese they were both back to their best! Thought jvp was also good when he came on. Plenty of positives to take away from today an improved defence was the major improvement we made and actually thought potter did ok at centre today he made a few mistakes early on but after that I thought he settled in quite well. Think the most impressive thing is that they never really got anything going because we didn’t allow them to! Always thought we made a bad decision to let evans go however today refell outplayed him completely today and showed his class. My only slight worry after today is that are we forking out thousands on Watson who’s having to just chase kicks all day? He was pretty anonymous today and it wasn’t his fault at all but I think we need to start getting him involved a lot more otherwise it could be a lot of money for not a lot of return
Watson won’t be costing as much as some imagine, he was injured and it only a season long deal. I also think we will see the benefit of the deal when Steward is absent for November and the 6 nations and we have quality back up. Before anyone asks IMO it will take a few injuries for him to get back in the England squad
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

I’ve only seen a few highlights of this season’s matches but have read match reports and it seems that there’ve been some hit and miss performances. However, they’re 5th in the table after 6 matches, which isn’t exactly a disaster. The season is young and plenty of time to get some consistency so those who are showing some dissatisfaction should give Borthwick and his squad a bit of slack.
Semper in excretia
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I noticed how Lawrence was talking on comms about how Quins have had a very difficult start to the season having already played all 3 other of last season's semifinalists.

It wasn't mentioned that we have also done that (all away) plus we've played Sale and Exeter also.

6 rounds in with those 5 played (4 of them away) to be 3 from 3 is fine.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:28 pm I noticed how Lawrence was talking on comms about how Quins have had a very difficult start to the season having already played all 3 other of last season's semifinalists.

It wasn't mentioned that we have also done that (all away) plus we've played Sale and Exeter also.

6 rounds in with those 5 played (4 of them away) to be 3 from 3 is fine.
2 away wins and a lbp at Exeter is no mean return from Exeter, Saints, Sarries, Quins away from home.