Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: PRC Rd 2 v Wasps (H) -Tuesday 27th September 2022 - 7-00pm ko

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

So my thoughts:

Saumaki started looking for work more yesterday rather than just waiting on his wing, which he's needed to start adding to his game.

Illione really pushing his case and a MOTM from my thoughts and looks ready for a step up, but the competition in the back row is top draw. During the AI's expect him in the Prem.

Edwards really showed some maturity, very clear why we kept him over Law. Will be challenging and rotating with Simmons in the AI's for the 21 shirt. Also not concerned as much about injury to Wigglesworth.

Chessum had a really top game in the loose and lineout, hugely bulked out since last year. Looks like a great prospect. With our scrum struggling a bit he maybe needs to develop a bit more before the first team but not going to need long

Plenty of others had good games.

The one who struggled most visibly was Walsh, the more I see him the more I think he's a 15 not a 10. Maybe if Saumaki steps to the prem team post Nadolo leaving then Shelley on the wing and Walsh at fullback in the PRC with Meredith at 10. He's definitely got some potential and hopefully we can unlock it.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Chessum shaded the MOM for me over Illione for me but not by much - thought his lineout work and his driving maul skill were outstanding. I was also impressed with Shelley's pace - he has the speed to beat anyone given the space, just needs to learn how to find it in a crowded situation. Hope that the link which has now brought us Porter, Potter, and now Shelley continues.
Hehehehehehehehe
eastyorkstiger
Tiger Cub

Post by eastyorkstiger »

Chesum has a good bit of bite about him as well which is good esp as he looks to be able to back it up with quality
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

eastyorkstiger wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:23 am Chesum has a good bit of bite about him as well which is good esp as he looks to be able to back it up with quality
He’s a combative bloke isn’t he, I do worry that he’s not far off the red mist descending, but that will come with experience
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Chesum jnr & Manz Snr will benefit from playing as much as possible at Nottingham, they would do a job at Prem level, but not really ready for it yet. They could do with a game against a couple of gnarly locks.
Illione needs to be tested against better players he does look like a special talent on & off the field.
Edwards should be preferred to WW providing one of YBY or JVP is available.
Being an emerging winger for Tigers at present doesn't look an easy place to be, its difficult to showcase your talents.
Both the centres look good.
Jansen is looking more & more like an able stand in for Jasper.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Jacob Cusick also had an excellent game. We have some very good young prospects.

I was particularly please with the way they stuck with the game plan and found a way to win. This is what the coaching team have been trying to instill into all squad and academy players since SB's arrival with clear success.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!